Notify
Tools

Coronavirus
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

You're living on wishful thinking not based in reality.

https://www.sbc.senate.gov/pub...6F-9212-290E6A19AB52

https://www.rubio.senate.gov/p...and-employed-act.pdf

https://www.rubio.senate.gov/p...ection-sbc-final.pdf

Small Business Assistance 

Small employers with 500 employees or fewer will be eligible to apply for the loans. 
Loans would be immediately available through existing Small Business Administration-certified lenders, including banks, credit unions, and other financial institutions, and SBA would be required to streamline the process to bring additional lenders into the program. 
The Secretary of Treasury would be authorized to expedite the addition of new lenders and make further enhancements to expedite delivery of capital to small employers. 
The size of the loans would be tied to an applicant’s average monthly payroll; mortgage, rent, and utility payments; and other debt obligations over the previous year. The maximum loan amount would be $10 million. 
Conditional upon business retaining their employees and payroll levels during the covered period (March 1, 2020, through June 30, 2020), the portion of the loan used to cover payroll and payments on pre-existing debt would be forgiven. Further, employers with tipped employees would receive forgiveness for additional wages paid to such employees during the covered time. 
The bill would provide $300 billion to support these loans.

Loan Guaranty Program 
The bill would expand the allowable uses for the existing 7(a) Small Business Administration loan program to permit payroll support, including paid sick leave, supply chain disruptions, employee salaries, mortgage payments, and other debt obligations to provide immediate access to capital for affected small businesses. 
The maximum loan amount for SBA Express loans would be increased from $350,000 to $1 million. These loans provide borrowers with revolving lines of credit for working capital purposes. 
The cost of participation in the 7(a) program would be reduced for both borrowers and lenders by providing fee waivers, an automatic deferment of payments for one year, and no prepayment penalties.

Entrepreneurial Assistance 
The bill would provide grants to offer counseling, training, and related assistance to small businesses affected by COVID-19: o
$240 million for SBA Small Business Development Centers and Women’s Business Centers. The non-federal match for Women’s Business Centers would be waived for a period of three months. o
$10 million for Minority Business Development Agency’s Minority Business Centers o
$25 million for grants to associations representing resource partners.

Here's some information for you or anyone needing help with their small business.

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Hi Mike:

After 79 years on this planet with 8 children with their 6 spouces, 17 grand children and 4 great grandchildren I have a firm grasp of reality.

My wife and I are just like you and that means we are all going to take a hit. Rather than wasting any time being concerned about what we don't have, or may not get from the Government we are focused on what we do have and how to best manage our way through this considerable challenge.

There are smarter folks than me navigating the course of the Country. I have faith in their abilities and their intentions to do what is right.

You are a smart guy, you and your Family will be fine.

Respectfully:

Bob

Sam:

The engines issue are in the past, Mike just needs to have the opportunity to run the car, maybe Houston??

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RPROGAS,

Posts: 3084 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
This is the problem right here. It's why US citizens are financed to their gills. Vile maxim globalism.

Their wages were replaced by expanding credit subprime, so they could use money they don't have to buy chinese garbage they don't need, to impress people they don't even like on FB.

In turn a few people, their shareholders and wall street get ultra wealthy.

70% of US citizens can't put together $400 dollars on the spur of the moment. More 24 to 34 year old kids/young people live in their childhood bedrooms than not.

They can expand the credit to small business's but I doubt many will take them up on it. Who will they serve unless credit is also expanded for already broke US citizens with no job to boot?

This is our economy, unfortunately it's not ours. Vile maxim effect, last man on earth wins.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
From an economic standpoint to the USA,Coronavirus was like a person cutting yourself badly.

If you keep bleeding,you will eventually lose enough blood and die.

If you stop the bleeding,you can survive and fully recover over a period of time.

The fact that the Stimulus Bill is STILL not passed, makes me think that somebody out there doesn't want to apply a tourniquet.

Hope they get this done today,but it doesn't sound promising.

It can always be modified in the future,because it is FAR from a perfect bill.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
No argument about the present Bill not being perfect but Congress has the time and ability to correct any mistakes. We are in uncharted territory, the present Bill will be altered as they discover it's short comings.

Unfortunately one (short sighted) individual is stuck with a "Procedural" issue so passage may be delayed. Have faith, remain positive and do what s right for your Family.

No matter how this all shakes out, remember the tireless folks in the Health Care Profession, without them the results of fighting COVID-19 virus would be totally devastating.

Regards:

Bob

Posts: 3084 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I seriously need a hair cut. Just looked in the mirror and I look like British Prime Minister Boris Johnson. I refuse to shave until a cure is found, may need a gas powered hedge trimmer by then.

Sorry, tired of the doom and gloom. Carry on.

Bob

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
I seriously need a hair cut. Just looked in the mirror and I look like British Prime Minister Boris Johnson. I refuse to shave until a cure is found, may need a gas powered hedge trimmer by then.

Sorry, tired of the doom and gloom. Carry on.

Bob

Closing your eyes and hitting the brakes is a panic reaction when a car pulls out in front of you.

It's a panic reaction the same as hoarding toilet paper.

There is no such thing as doom and gloom in reality. Doom and gloom is a perception, panic is its reaction.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Jeez, didn't know that I was creating a reaction from you but thank you for the psychoanalysis of a simple phrase.

Bob

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
No argument about the present Bill not being perfect but Congress has the time and ability to correct any mistakes. We are in uncharted territory, the present Bill will be altered as they discover it's short comings.

Unfortunately one (short sighted) individual is stuck with a "Procedural" issue so passage may be delayed.

"Not being perfect" is what every one of those people claimed as they rammed this abomination down our throats. "We know it's a terrible bill, but you're going to get it good and hard anyway."

There WAS NO DELAY of the bill. It's already passed, and Congress isn't going to do jack about it. Ever. What you DID get was one of the biggest steaming piles of legislation in history, which was passed without a recorded vote. After FOUR HOURS of 1-minute speeches all repeating the same empty talking points (let alone the many days that they spent piling the bill with pork and then days letting it idle), NOW it's "Hurry! We have to pass the bill to find out what's in it! There's no time for an actual vote!" Now the precedent has been set. You people don't even realize that Pelosi has coronavirus bill #4 already in the pipeline, and is talking about a fifth bill. You want Congress to pass "gun rights" legislation without a vote "because it's an emergency"?

This is obscene, and a pure disgrace. The long-term cost of this is way beyond what anyone seems to realize. Mad

Please actually listen to what the Congressman had to say.
https://youtu.be/koITHov3dv8

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5734 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I watched him on Shannon Bream's show and he made sense to me. While Shannon allowed him to make his point she was definitely presenting it in a negative way. I didn't listen to all of the conversation in the link but one valid point he made was Congress makes $175k a year, they expect truck drivers, grocery stores, medical personal, etc. to continue to do their job but they didn't want to come to work and expose themselves to the virus. Not exactly the mettle a leader is made of. The point of no return has long been passed regarding debt, so enjoy the ride... peasants.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Canted Valve,

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
As of today (3-28-20),there have been 34 deaths in Illinois which is a State of 12.74 MILLION people.Each day in the United States (before there was Coronavirus) nearly 8,000 people died in the United States EACH day for ALL kinds of health issues.While Coronanvirus is clearly a health concern,I believe it has turned in to a Political issue more than a health issue.I am not saying which side is correct,but I think it has done more harm than good and has destroyed a lot of great companies.Obviously New York has some MAJOR concerns.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 442OLDS,

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
I think it has done more harm than good and has destroyed a lot of great companies.Obviously New York has some MAJOR concerns.

Cuomo: On Second Thought, “Quarantine Everyone” Might Have Backfired By Accelerating Spread Of Coronavirus

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trans Lady:
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
I think it has done more harm than good and has destroyed a lot of great companies.Obviously New York has some MAJOR concerns.

Cuomo: On Second Thought, “Quarantine Everyone” Might Have Backfired By Accelerating Spread Of Coronavirus

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="281" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VsZgVRAweHM" width="500">[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Thanks for conveying EXACTLY what I was thinking!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jeez, didn't know that I was creating a reaction from you but thank you for the psychoanalysis of a simple phrase.

Bob

Exactly, panic is a conflict of perception.

Real conflict is between good and evil, right and wrong.

Carl Yung said mass movements result in mass psychosis, the equivalent of demonic possession.

I'm not following the lemmings off the cliff, but don't panic your survival if you choose that path, won't be effected in the least.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
There isn't one great plan that fits everyone, someone somewhere gets the short end of the stick. I do know what happens if you do nothing, or you spend a lot of time trying to refine it to perfection, more folks get hurt. This may be a terrible plan, until it's implemented no one can know the full impact. I wish it wasn't so but waiting to get it totally right simply delays any form of recovery for the larger population. A lot of folks need help now.

There probably is a better way of pull a drowning person out of the water, once you have time to consider all the consequences, hopefully he/she doesn't drown in the process.

I'm not trying to be argumentative but I am certainly hoping for a positive outcome for the majority of Americans.

Bob

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
That's an ironic analogy, because our heads have just been forced under water. Congratulations on your brand new shiny $3.3 TRILLION deficit.

"Think it costs a lot now? Wait til it's free."

Here is the actual text of the bill that was signed into law.
https://www.congress.gov/116/b...ILLS-116hr748eas.pdf

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5734 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Wife,daughter and grand daughter, just like all the rest. Are they worried? Just look into their eyes. You can see it. We will pull together and get past this emotionally and financially. The jobs will come back. They enjoy their jobs and don't expect hand outs. Shock treatment 101.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD3550,

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
In New York City,the average rent exceeds $3,000 or more every month for a one bedroom apartment.

In order to afford that,several people were probably sharing the room and working 2-3 jobs to try and cover expenses.

If they were working,they would be more spread out.

But now that they are all hunkered down in the same room,they are all getting Coronavirus at the same time and they all lost their 2-3 jobs.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
About ten minutes ago we picked up a new house "Guest", he can no longer cover the rent. Even though he can't be forced out of his rental home (California State Law) he won't cause a second family to endure an added hardship.

I want to and will maintain a positive attitude about this.

Bob

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
There isn't one great plan that fits everyone, someone somewhere gets the short end of the stick. I do know what happens if you do nothing, or you spend a lot of time trying to refine it to perfection, more folks get hurt. This may be a terrible plan, until it's implemented no one can know the full impact. I wish it wasn't so but waiting to get it totally right simply delays any form of recovery for the larger population. A lot of folks need help now.

There probably is a better way of pull a drowning person out of the water, once you have time to consider all the consequences, hopefully he/she doesn't drown in the process.

I'm not trying to be argumentative but I am certainly hoping for a positive outcome for the majority of Americans.

Bob

Perfectly said. That makes two of us.