New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coronavirus
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
NYC is now being compared to a cruise ship.

Trump is considering a quarantine of some areas.

That is going to be an extremely difficult and
controversial decision.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
These large cities are all having it bad but I myself have always wondered why anyone would migrate to where you have to live like that.....reminds me of an ant hill and most have no way to escape, especially those in the lower income jobs.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Just think 47,000 people kill themselves yearly, since out break total deaths in US as of yesterday

HMMMM

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Just last month i was talking to a driver on a break down on his truck. We got to talking. What he told me he was paying for a small 1 bed APT in Jersey. I about fell over. 1700 a month. Moving out of there as fast as he can.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Not going to knock NYC as a whole,I personally don't care for it.

If you think about it .Cramming that many people into any area is a receipt for what we have now. I mean a country with 50 stated and 44% of those infected live in one.

Under circumstances I will call it ironic.That the hardest hit areas are liberal sanctuary cities run by very liberal governors and/or mayors.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I live 45 miles straight west from NYC.
I Spent the first 13 years of my life in Essex county NJ. Born in Newark NJ and that’s basically just across the Hudson River from NYC.

NY is a fantastic place where you can find everything and anything. Millions of people. City life is not for everyone, me included. Only time I ever cross the Hudson is to go to a Yankee’s game.

When I was young we went there often. Drinking age was lower. Went there for Broadway shows and to see movies when they came out. Tried to see The Godfather went it debuted, lines around the block so we went to see the French Connection instead.

Oh and restaurants of every kind and fantastic food. Usually saw celebrities every time we went to various things like NY Knick basketball games and out to restaurants. Costs skyrocketed over the years there.

Costs in NYC are incredibly high. Only so much land and they just keep building things and renovating older buildings.

My brother lives in NYC and has for many, many years. You could not pay him to live elsewhere.
He’s never owned a car, never owned a home other than his apt in a co-op building.
That is a penthouse apt. 13th floor with a deck outside on the lower east side and is probably worth a fortune in this era. It was a Jewish only building and he was the first non Jew allowed to buy in for very little money 40+ years ago.

Different strokes for different folks.

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
For all the media hype of hospitals overrun with newly infected and covid test staging area's, I was just forwarded a video of a hospital in Brooklyn quiet as a mouse without one person in line to be tested. Not one. I'm trying to get this video on here. I have it on my FB page at the top. The guy doing the filming lives in the neighborhood of the hospital and can't understand the hype in the media. Don't believe everything you hear from lefties, they're known for deception/lies.

The video shows the guy making a lap around a hospital in Brooklyn NY, with nothing unusual on video, and not one person in line to be tested.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The guy says he's looking for any evidence of why New York City is on lock down. He claims reports are overblown to cause panic. Panic that doesn't exist at hospitals.

Here's the link https://www.instagram.com/tv/B...rce=ig_web_copy_link

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
The guy says he's looking for any evidence of why New York City is on lock down. He claims reports are overblown to cause panic. Panic that doesn't exist at hospitals.

I think Facebook owns Instagram. They will probably remove that video,because it doesn't fit the narrative.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
quote:

I think Facebook owns Instagram. They will probably remove that video,because it doesn't fit the narrative.

I think you're on target. Looks like.

The more I dig around on this deal, the more it appears to be pure madness by the wide open media mouth to manufacture panic / reaction.

Nobody panic, boots on the ground are basically calling it out as a Hoax from what I've seen, because they can't find anything to corroborate media reports.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Thats really interesting. Thank you for posting.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6409 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Freddie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
quote:

Only issue with some of these videos coming out is they are actually time stamped a week or more ago, but just now being uploaded to contribute to their own conspiracy theories.

I would also add that ANYONE who is out and about just to look for signs of the virus while under a stay at home order like they currently are in NY, should be treated like any other criminal. I know of far too many friends who have been hospitalized or even worse their children hospitalized for this and the horror stories they tell.

Just consider this for a minute IF you or a loved one should be one of the unlucky ones who must go to the hospital, that person is there ALONE in ICU with NO familiar faces for days or weeks. Just think of how traumatizing this is for a child. And for the elderly who may not survive, they are then alone other than the team of Dr's and nurses without any family present when they pass. THIS is the real issue that NOBODY considers.

Posts: 685 | Location: Anderson SC. | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I have a handful of these types of boots on the ground video's. The reason I won't post the other video's is the person shooting the video's inject their theories as to why the media is over stating the threat / problem and the level of panic / reaction.

It seems as if Americans can only think republican and democrat, when in reality every conflict is a matter of right and wrong.

Evil can dress itself up republican or democrat. Satan isn't the father of all lies and deception for nothing.

Identity politics is a wonderful tool deceit/evil uses as one of its devices to deceive.

Its not enough to know we have an enemy, we must know his devices. Deception, accusation, temptation.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
General Motors initial response to the COVID-19 Team's request to produce ventilators was disappointing. That has since changed, President Trump invoking the War Powers Act forced the change. A lot of American Companies are now engaged in producing Medical equipment to protect Health Care Workers, save lives and combat the spread of the virus.

When this is all over, and it will end, remember those individuals and Companies who were engaged in the effort to beat this enemy. While you are at it, remember those who for whatever reason elected to NOT HELP!

Don't be dragged into the irresponsible mass hysteria some Media outlets are conveying. Keep things in perspective, be safe but reasonable.

Bob

Posts: 3084 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freddie:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Only issue with some of these videos coming out is they are actually time stamped a week or more ago, but just now being uploaded to contribute to their own conspiracy theories.

I would also add that ANYONE who is out and about just to look for signs of the virus while under a stay at home order like they currently are in NY, should be treated like any other criminal. I know of far too many friends who have been hospitalized or even worse their children hospitalized for this and the horror stories they tell.

Just consider this for a minute IF you or a loved one should be one of the unlucky ones who must go to the hospital, that person is there ALONE in ICU with NO familiar faces for days or weeks. Just think of how traumatizing this is for a child. And for the elderly who may not survive, they are then alone other than the team of Dr's and nurses without any family present when they pass. THIS is the real issue that NOBODY considers.

OK I need to ask: Who did this guy risk in this video? Even if he were Wuhan positive, how would he infect anyone with what was shown in the video? I hear about people getting all excited about people walking on a bike path on in a park. Why? The virus is mainly spread by transfer on surfaces, and then to eyes or mouth. Yes in close quarters it can also transfer by air/spittle transfer directly. None of this comes into play at a park. People are being kinda crazy about seeing anyone outside. You can freaking go outside!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6409 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:

I would also add that ANYONE who is out and about just to look for signs of the virus while under a stay at home order like they currently are in NY, should be treated like any other criminal.

You didn't bother to watch the video did ya? If you had you'd know there was no theory injected into the video as to why the media would conspire to overstate the threat or the reaction / panic.

So you think this radio talk show host should be treated as a criminal for making this video? Explain that one,,,, I gotta hear this!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Freddie
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

OK I need to ask: Who did this guy risk in this video? Even if he were Wuhan positive, how would he infect anyone with what was shown in the video? I hear about people getting all excited about people walking on a bike path on in a park. Why? The virus is mainly spread by transfer on surfaces, and then to eyes or mouth. Yes in close quarters it can also transfer by air/spittle transfer directly. None of this comes into play at a park. People are being kinda crazy about seeing anyone outside. You can freaking go outside!

I am not saying this particular person in general, however There are quite a few of these types of videos floating around now where the person recording walks directly up to others they see out to ask them questions. I am not saying dont go outside, I am simply stating that it is things like this that will eventually lead to government officials to lock everything down like in other countries, which they are trying to avoid. IF the american people would simply show a little common sense and at least appear to follow the guidance of the medical professionals then none of this may be necessary, but instead too many people worried about going out socializing or other things that simply need to be on hold at the moment. This is all advised simply to slow the virus down some so it is more manageable, it is not an end all cure all, and yes many who get it will have only mild symptoms and be just fine. This deal sucks for all of us, but the longer people do not help the issues the longer we will be without. No one wants a government forced lock down, but IF there is no other way then trust me that is exactly what they will do, just like several other countries.

Posts: 685 | Location: Anderson SC. | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
When I am forced to leave home to buy food/groceries, etc. I have a plan to keep people AWAY from me.

(1) I have not shaved in about 13 days, so I look like I'm homeless.

(2) I don't use deodorant, so I smell like I'm homeless.

(3) I wear the same clothes that I wear when I'm welding, (Lots of rips and burn wholes), so they think that I'm homeless.

(4) I act a little crazy, so people really avoid coming near me.

No one comes near me at the store, Social spacing is not an issue.

Bob

Posts: 3084 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Here's a video of Governor Cuomo just yesterday saying "the hospitals aren't at their apex. The hospitals have enough ventilators today."

But they do have a stockpile of ventilators in case they need them...

https://twitter.com/thehill/st...-for-shortage-902273

Is he feeding into these conspiracies?

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am not saying this particular person in general,

I know and it wasn't just addressing you. As far as the lockdown....lock the cities. We have plenty of room to stay away from each other in the sticks and the smarts to actually do it. As usual, the problems are in the cities. Crime, disease, pollution, liberalism. They got it covered. Seems like a good time for an old Curt Russel movie. LOL.

As far as the validity of the clip: I can't speak for New York or the other cities. But we are still sitting at one case and an empty hospital out here. And about that in neighboring counties. No wonder most of the country doesn't get why the cities are having troubles. We aren't seeing it out here.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo