DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Altered in Super Comp?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Altered in Super Comp?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Curly Love that movie.Hey if it ends up same way that would be fine too.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4195 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
Curly1,
I like your tag line,

quote:
"Our products are not designed for ED, they are designed for COMPETITIVE RACERS"

Well said.

I can not take credit for that. That famous quote was from Greg at FTI.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4027 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of SC4400
posted Hide Post
If there was a trophy for most OBNOXIOUS MF'er that I've ever become aware of in 27 years of internet A$$ hats, posers, narcissists, and general human excrement, the award would be retired. Personally, if I became aware that such a creature was in my presence, no effort would be spared to AVOID such a vexation to the spirit. Most 10 year olds have better social skills and manners.

I'm thankful I was raised better.

RIP

It's a dangerous time in America. The communists are inside the gates.
Our survival is not guaranteed.

Posts: 794 | Location: Lake Charles La | Registered: January 29, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Now Now SC4400. Tell us exactly how you really feel. Let it out you will feel better. LOL

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4195 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Todd Barton
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
No, For Super Comp you have to run a 235 inch Rear engine four link dragster by one of the three approved chassis builders with a 598 or 632 BBC. The paint job must be the tribal swirls style you may choose any of the approved colors for your tribal swirls style paint job.

Or you could be different...........

BEST RESPONSE!

Posts: 381 | Location: Gray, TN | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SC4400:
If there was a trophy for most OBNOXIOUS MF'er that I've ever become aware of in 27 years of internet A$$ hats, posers, narcissists, and general human excrement, the award would be retired. Personally, if I became aware that such a creature was in my presence, no effort would be spared to AVOID such a vexation to the spirit. Most 10 year olds have better social skills and manners.

I'm thankful I was raised better.

RIP

LOL!!!!

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Clueless morons, old men that dint compete in S/C laughing together but the joke is on them as we that compete in super comp are laughing at them and the utter nonsense that our dragster’s are effected by wind more than a door car and/or altered. Laughing very hard

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Ed, the only one that is being laughed at is. You're as easy to play as Joe Biden. pull your strings and you dance.
You may compete in S/C but only do it in a small area so you don't have to run into the big boys. We never see or hear of your car, nor you, out on the national circuit. Why do you suppose that is?
Laughing very hard

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Jerry Kathe
posted Hide Post
As I said I wouldn’t, I will not directly reply to 1320, but wanted to point out poor ole Piviotdoc had his “post” completely hijacked and probably never gathered the inputs he was looking for. I feel partially to blame for that as my opening post was a little strong….sorry, but I’m over the lack of civility some have and its becoming very irritating that society is accepting these people without reaction, that behavior jerks my redneck chain and in a mere moment….poof…..my civility is gone!

Im not the guru in aerodynamics, but I have a good understanding of it due to some of my occupational responsibilities, education and experiences and I can stand on this if it helps those really wanting some clarity; Frontal area has absolutely nothing to do with “dirty air”.

Frontal area is a given standard that doesn’t change (by itself). Dirty air DOES change as the turbulence with dirty air does not have a pattern and WILL affect consistency. Another was trying to point that out in the example that two different door slammers had different “predictability” outcomes….this is what dirty air is trying to tell you. Its about how the individual laminate layers sheer from each other that affect coefficiency of the drag and how it varies from profile to profile. Frontal area is simply how big of a hole you can expect it to create as it punches through. (the discussion direction that was implying max effort MPH and et consistency/prediction – two completely separate topics)

Piviotdoc – I wouldn’t let “statistics” influence your decision, I own a pipe rack (guilty of copy-cat actions) and I have raced S/C for several years (all years gone by) the pipe rack cannot go trip zip and dead on any better than an altered could, but the dragster will favor the statistics in S/C as the altered will be probably less than 1% of those doing so….

Jerry Kathe

Posts: 138 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Ed is 100 percent, as usual, spot on in what dominates the class...and is the best tool for the job!

That being said, I have switched my SG style vette to running SC and I LOVE IT! LOL! Most fun car I have ever driven!!! Now, how much longer am I going to run it this way is still up in the air as it is not the best way to win in these classes, but damn its a blast to drive. It goes like hell till the throttle stop comes on then its a nice quiet ride to the finish line.

Lynn Ellison

Posts: 133 | Location: The Boat! | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Pirate:
Ed is 100 percent, as usual, spot on in what dominates the class...and is the best tool for the job!

The Pirate…KNOWS!

So to my clueless haters that think they know, the old men who don’t compete in S/C, the losers who ain’t ever had shyt nor done shyt bracket/class racing Spitting

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Ed, selective reading. You aren't understanding pirates whole post. He's having more fun in his corvette running S/C.
Pirate knows!

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Jerry Kathe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Pirate:
It goes like hell till the throttle stop comes on then its a nice quiet ride to the finish line.

There was a guy in a ford fairlane doing that early 2000s....was considering that approach myself...until the club priced out the cost vs fun/return factor and I left the sandbox.

Jerry Kathe

Posts: 138 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
You’re confused as usual due to dementia old man. My comments here address the OP’s question to running an altered in super comp with success. That means WINNING! I nor my competitors race S/C to have fun. Success in this class requires complete dedication of resources, time, $ and our fun starts when we are standing in the winner’s circle holding a Wally!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Ed, you haven't had a lot of fun then, have you.
Laughing Hard

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
More than most NahNahTounge and for the past 14 years having fun with my son every weekend.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Damn, I'm having fun pulling his strings.
Laughing Hard

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
The only thing you’re pulling old man is your limp dyck

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Have you always been this easy or is it just old age is setting in and your brain power is shrinking?
Some of us improve with age and sharpen our skills.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Says the guy^^^that makes sleepy joe biden look sharp as a tack!