DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Altered in Super Comp?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Altered in Super Comp?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Scarth:
Omg, Holytown. Dragsters are the dirtiest vehicles on the track, Altered's, Roadsters and Door Cars are next. With door cars the cleanest by far. I never factored the wind in my door cars unless it's over 20 mph.

Explain this to me Larry. No ill will here, Legitimately trying to learn on this site.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Total bullshyt, he’s clueless!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Holytown, I have experience at wind and drag factors since I flew for 30 plus years. An airplane has a term, say when landing called "dirty". Which means gear down, flaps down, that's drag which equates to slowing the plane down for landing. Obviously when taking off "clean it up" gear up right after takeoff, etc. So any extruding panels, headers, tires, etc. are items that dirty the car up. Door Cars don't have those items to dirty the car. My 89 Berreta was not as smooth as my 2004 Cavalier. The Cavalier had a real smooth body, therefore I didn't factor wind as dragsters do. Hope that helps.

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1038 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
BlahBlah More BULLSHYT! This ain’t “Aviation Talk” Didn't think of that

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Good God, Ed. Get over it. Nobody wants your opinion. Get a life. Your 3 decades are long gone.

Posts: 4828 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Says an old senile drunk who ain’t ever had shyt worth talking about no mind done shyt on a drag strip.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Trophy
Picture of Jerry Kathe
posted Hide Post
Mr. Scarth is in fact the knowledgeable one here….the moron should maybe look into the science of “boundary layer” the “laminar layer” and how they affect the buffer zone. Being the narcissistic POS he is, I doubt he would ever admit he is wrong….as it might hurt his reputation with the three or four nut swingers he has on this board.

I’m sure he will have some derogatory comments to follow…. Flame on hommie, as my efforts are to help point the inquiring minds in the right direction….not tit (pun intended) for tat with you, so don’t be disappointed in my lack of interaction to your much anticipated reply - lol.

Jerry Kathe

Posts: 138 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
Good God, Ed. Get over it. Nobody wants your opinion. Get a life. Your 3 decades are long gone.

Dude, do not worry about Ed. He is a loser who has not won anything since 1996 and lives vicariously through his Son. Pathetic little loser with small man syndrome.
We all know why he is allowed to stay here by management. Anytime you are bothered about what comes out of his mouth just think of what has came in it.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4222 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Curly cue, I met a guy at Indy who knows you for 40 years and confirmed my comments about you are dead on zero, you are a nobody and loser that thinks he knows.

Kathe it’s you that’s the moron!!! It ain’t about boundary layer when the conversation is how wind effects consistency of bracket cars, it’s about frontal area!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
We were running dragsters in 1978 and switched about 2002-3. The difference is amazing racing into a head wind. Racing Top Comp at Sonoma against dragsters in the wind. 13-15 mph head wind a dragster dials up .05 or more. In the GTO we might dial up .01 maybe .02 and in most cases that car picks up speed and ET ( .008 and almost 1 mph) up to 6-8 mph.

Maybe Steve can chime in here and tell you how much he dials up in the wind.

Look at TF speeds verses the Fuel Coupes.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BP758,

Posts: 4620 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Curly1,
I like your tag line,

quote:
"Our products are not designed for ED, they are designed for COMPETITIVE RACERS"

Well said.

Posts: 4828 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
BlahBlah More BULLSHYT! This ain’t “Aviation Talk” Didn't think of that

over your head ed

Posts: 79 | Location: myrtle point ore | Registered: April 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Says an old senile drunk who ain’t ever had shyt worth talking about no mind done shyt on a drag strip.

I doubt that Floyd has ever posted a picture of his sons wally, and tried to pass it off as his own.but you damn sure did........and got caught at it!

Posts: 79 | Location: myrtle point ore | Registered: April 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by savoyracer:
quote:

I doubt that Floyd has ever posted a picture of his sons wally, and tried to pass it off as his own.but you damn sure did........and got caught at it!

Pathetic!

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by savoyracer:
quote:

Wrong Post the quote otherwise STFU and you can’t because it never happened.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Nope, we never got a Wally. The closest we came was when my boy sponsored Turbos Direct and they won pro mod at the US Nationals a few years ago. They gave him the Wally. I had a picture but I can't find it. He has it proudly displayed in his office at Turbosmart.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I am well aware of the wind effects on an aircraft and the talk about drag makes total sense.

Some Door cars can be much more aerodynamic than other rides. Old type Street Roadsters were about the worst and run weak MPH usually....

I use Crew Chief Pro and an Altalab weather station with a wind sensor.

My car is a P.O.S. compared to many but I can hit the number pretty well most of the time and I'm on my own and have no data recorder...

Crew Chief Pro allows you to turn off the wind in predictions.....I NEVER TURN IT ON !!!

We rarely race in a wind storm !!! If I think the wind is a factor I make a pretty minimal change. We don't race much in any high wind conditions usually.

A tailwind will have way more affect than a head wind....on a dragster...

Dragsters present a very minimal frontal area and the "dirty" stuff is always there and never changes.....

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it....

I haven't won Diddly chit lately but trust me my losses were usually in the thousandths column.....

Posts: 2734 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:

Dragsters present a very minimal frontal area and the "dirty" stuff is always there and never changes.

Once again, SCDIV1…KNOWS!

A forum thank you Rich for all your help with my Onan generator a few weeks ago. You Da Man

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Found the picture.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Curly cue, I met a guy at Indy who knows you for 40 years and confirmed my comments about you are dead on zero, you are a nobody and loser that thinks he knows.

Kathe it’s you that’s the moron!!! It ain’t about boundary layer when the conversation is how wind effects consistency of bracket cars, it’s about frontal area!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBf2mXY5xmE

We cross? What an ugly thing to say. Are we not friends anymore?
You know Ed, if we were not friends anymore I just do not think I could bear it.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4222 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post