Bracket Talk
Altered in Super Comp?

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/75460652/m/3047060796

September 27, 2021, 08:37 PM
wideopen231
Altered in Super Comp?
Curly Love that movie.Hey if it ends up same way that would be fine too.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.
September 27, 2021, 08:57 PM
Curly1
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
Curly1,
I like your tag line,

quote:
"Our products are not designed for ED, they are designed for COMPETITIVE RACERS"

Well said.

I can not take credit for that. That famous quote was from Greg at FTI.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion
September 27, 2021, 09:56 PM
SC4400
If there was a trophy for most OBNOXIOUS MF'er that I've ever become aware of in 27 years of internet A$$ hats, posers, narcissists, and general human excrement, the award would be retired. Personally, if I became aware that such a creature was in my presence, no effort would be spared to AVOID such a vexation to the spirit. Most 10 year olds have better social skills and manners.

I'm thankful I was raised better.

RIP

It's a dangerous time in America. The communists are inside the gates.
Our survival is not guaranteed.
September 28, 2021, 07:59 AM
wideopen231
Now Now SC4400. Tell us exactly how you really feel. Let it out you will feel better. LOL

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.
September 28, 2021, 08:43 AM
Todd Barton
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
No, For Super Comp you have to run a 235 inch Rear engine four link dragster by one of the three approved chassis builders with a 598 or 632 BBC. The paint job must be the tribal swirls style you may choose any of the approved colors for your tribal swirls style paint job.

Or you could be different...........

BEST RESPONSE!

Todd Barton
www.bartonracing.com
www.toddbartondesign.com
September 28, 2021, 09:00 AM
BG7X77
quote:
Originally posted by SC4400:
If there was a trophy for most OBNOXIOUS MF'er that I've ever become aware of in 27 years of internet A$$ hats, posers, narcissists, and general human excrement, the award would be retired. Personally, if I became aware that such a creature was in my presence, no effort would be spared to AVOID such a vexation to the spirit. Most 10 year olds have better social skills and manners.

I'm thankful I was raised better.

RIP

LOL!!!!

BG
September 28, 2021, 09:09 AM
1320racer
Clueless morons, old men that dint compete in S/C laughing together but the joke is on them as we that compete in super comp are laughing at them and the utter nonsense that our dragster’s are effected by wind more than a door car and/or altered. Laughing very hard
September 28, 2021, 09:37 AM
Floyd Staggs
Ed, the only one that is being laughed at is. You're as easy to play as Joe Biden. pull your strings and you dance.
You may compete in S/C but only do it in a small area so you don't have to run into the big boys. We never see or hear of your car, nor you, out on the national circuit. Why do you suppose that is?
Laughing very hard

Old Guys Rule
V787 Sst787
https://www.thefoat.com/Ososik...jnkQG5aVrmV3A%3D%3D/
September 28, 2021, 09:55 AM
Jerry Kathe
As I said I wouldn’t, I will not directly reply to 1320, but wanted to point out poor ole Piviotdoc had his “post” completely hijacked and probably never gathered the inputs he was looking for. I feel partially to blame for that as my opening post was a little strong….sorry, but I’m over the lack of civility some have and its becoming very irritating that society is accepting these people without reaction, that behavior jerks my redneck chain and in a mere moment….poof…..my civility is gone!

Im not the guru in aerodynamics, but I have a good understanding of it due to some of my occupational responsibilities, education and experiences and I can stand on this if it helps those really wanting some clarity; Frontal area has absolutely nothing to do with “dirty air”.

Frontal area is a given standard that doesn’t change (by itself). Dirty air DOES change as the turbulence with dirty air does not have a pattern and WILL affect consistency. Another was trying to point that out in the example that two different door slammers had different “predictability” outcomes….this is what dirty air is trying to tell you. Its about how the individual laminate layers sheer from each other that affect coefficiency of the drag and how it varies from profile to profile. Frontal area is simply how big of a hole you can expect it to create as it punches through. (the discussion direction that was implying max effort MPH and et consistency/prediction – two completely separate topics)

Piviotdoc – I wouldn’t let “statistics” influence your decision, I own a pipe rack (guilty of copy-cat actions) and I have raced S/C for several years (all years gone by) the pipe rack cannot go trip zip and dead on any better than an altered could, but the dragster will favor the statistics in S/C as the altered will be probably less than 1% of those doing so….

Jerry Kathe
September 28, 2021, 10:03 AM
The Pirate
Ed is 100 percent, as usual, spot on in what dominates the class...and is the best tool for the job!

That being said, I have switched my SG style vette to running SC and I LOVE IT! LOL! Most fun car I have ever driven!!! Now, how much longer am I going to run it this way is still up in the air as it is not the best way to win in these classes, but damn its a blast to drive. It goes like hell till the throttle stop comes on then its a nice quiet ride to the finish line.

Lynn Ellison
September 28, 2021, 10:41 AM
1320racer
quote:
Originally posted by The Pirate:
Ed is 100 percent, as usual, spot on in what dominates the class...and is the best tool for the job!

The Pirate…KNOWS!

So to my clueless haters that think they know, the old men who don’t compete in S/C, the losers who ain’t ever had shyt nor done shyt bracket/class racing Spitting
September 28, 2021, 10:49 AM
Floyd Staggs
Ed, selective reading. You aren't understanding pirates whole post. He's having more fun in his corvette running S/C.
Pirate knows!

Old Guys Rule
V787 Sst787
September 28, 2021, 10:59 AM
Jerry Kathe
quote:
Originally posted by The Pirate:
It goes like hell till the throttle stop comes on then its a nice quiet ride to the finish line.

There was a guy in a ford fairlane doing that early 2000s....was considering that approach myself...until the club priced out the cost vs fun/return factor and I left the sandbox.

Jerry Kathe
September 28, 2021, 11:01 AM
1320racer
You’re confused as usual due to dementia old man. My comments here address the OP’s question to running an altered in super comp with success. That means WINNING! I nor my competitors race S/C to have fun. Success in this class requires complete dedication of resources, time, $ and our fun starts when we are standing in the winner’s circle holding a Wally!
September 28, 2021, 11:17 AM
Floyd Staggs
Ed, you haven't had a lot of fun then, have you.
Laughing Hard

Old Guys Rule
V787 Sst787
September 28, 2021, 11:48 AM
1320racer
More than most NahNahTounge and for the past 14 years having fun with my son every weekend.
September 28, 2021, 11:55 AM
Floyd Staggs
Damn, I'm having fun pulling his strings.
Laughing Hard

Old Guys Rule
V787 Sst787
September 28, 2021, 12:08 PM
1320racer
The only thing you’re pulling old man is your limp dyck
September 28, 2021, 12:27 PM
Floyd Staggs
Have you always been this easy or is it just old age is setting in and your brain power is shrinking?
Some of us improve with age and sharpen our skills.

Old Guys Rule
V787 Sst787
September 28, 2021, 01:12 PM
1320racer
Says the guy^^^that makes sleepy joe biden look sharp as a tack!