DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Tree Sensing Devices - The New Hot Topic
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tree Sensing Devices - The New Hot Topic
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I am glad Scott is getting some good results and hopefully will find a solution for this problem.

There have been several examples of how to accomplish this with off the shelf readily available items, most of which can be had on ebay. A couple good hardware and software engineers working together could come up with a very marketable product in a very short time frame.

A crew member with a camera is a piece of cake. It is probably the quickest, easiest, and hardest to detect way to do this but takes two people. Doesn't even have to be done by someone on the starting line, could be done by anyone in the stands around the starting line area with a clear view of the tree.

Crosstalk makes a system like this even easier because then you are just looking for the first flash of light which may or may not be in your lane.

As far as people asking for a demonstration of how this could be done, I don't see that happening on a car at a race. Do this demo at a big money bracket race and it will make the riots we had last week look like a kids birthday party.

I can see it being demonstrated using a tree in the shop or lab.

I remember how well Billy Glidden was treated right after he showed NHRA how to hide nitrous in a pro stock car.

I will also add that in regard to the comments about those in support of there being very little in the way of tech at these events, they don't have the right to complain if anyone is caught cheating if they do not support looking for these types of devices in everyone's cars.

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CURTIS REED:
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Ya gotta pity the weak , with the need for defying the natural laws of the universe, in order to win a drag race. Using devices not of their own natural talent.

They must be a special breed.[/QUOTE

Its the money bringing this out. 25k,50k,75k,100k,250k,525k and last the million that will pay a million. Huge money will bring cheaters every single time... They dont care if they can win buy themselves. Greed is a awful thing .

Devices not of their own natural talent. Sounds Very similar to a delay box to me. LOL Footbrake To the front. Relaxing

Yea ok boomer...

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1406 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Burkleo:
I am glad Scott is getting some good results and hopefully will find a solution for this problem.

There have been several examples of how to accomplish this with off the shelf readily available items, most of which can be had on ebay. A couple good hardware and software engineers working together could come up with a very marketable product in a very short time frame.

A crew member with a camera is a piece of cake. It is probably the quickest, easiest, and hardest to detect way to do this but takes two people. Doesn't even have to be done by someone on the starting line, could be done by anyone in the stands around the starting line area with a clear view of the tree.

Crosstalk makes a system like this even easier because then you are just looking for the first flash of light which may or may not be in your lane.

As far as people asking for a demonstration of how this could be done, I don't see that happening on a car at a race. Do this demo at a big money bracket race and it will make the riots we had last week look like a kids birthday party.

I can see it being demonstrated using a tree in the shop or lab.

I remember how well Billy Glidden was treated right after he showed NHRA how to hide nitrous in a pro stock car.

I will also add that in regard to the comments about those in support of there being very little in the way of tech at these events, they don't have the right to complain if anyone is caught cheating if they do not support looking for these types of devices in everyone's cars.

Or the dodge boys getting there shop broke into...

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1406 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
.or Moroso after the Matty box deal

Posts: 6225 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Dodge Boys, dirty dozen, video cameras...you guys know it's 2020 right?

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A39Coronet:
Back then it appeared to be high tech cheating. Pretty simple at today's standards. No telling the number of ways people are stealing others money at the track today.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 560 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:

Video Cameras...Oh...you mean like any cellphone made in the last 10 years or a ton of digital cameras that fit in your shirt pocket that are Bluetooth enabled with onboard photo editing and cropping capability??

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Burkleo:
quote:

Video Cameras...Oh...you mean like any cellphone made in the last 10 years or a ton of digital cameras that fit in your shirt pocket that are Bluetooth enabled with onboard photo editing and cropping capability??

No no, I mean the shoulder mounted units that record on VHS tapes, the ones 901 people saw used that fabled day.

But that was sorta my point, that those methods aren't likely duplicated in the same way today. Same reason you wouldn't hide sensors in the headlights, that's what everyone is looking for.

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
No one is looking for anything.

If tree reader devices are being used, they are right in front of our eyes and we don't know it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
We have a track in our area that uses Accutime (I think its called that?)
It has a feature that might make a "tree-spotter" ineffective. When the dial-ins are entered a blinking light between the Stage bulbs comes on. A little distracting the first couple times but after that you don't really notice it. However, it could be a way to make any device looking for a "flash" or a "change in light intensity" malfunction.

Maybe all the Accutime have that feature, not sure.

Just a thought, wouldn't surprise me if these are in use.

Jok

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
No one is looking for anything.

If tree reader devices are being used, they are right in front of our eyes and we don't know it.

How many cars at the fling this weekend are getting an spot inspection? I am gonna say Zero.. And that why people think they can or could get away with stuff like this. Race Promoters need to do there part.. Once the news hits when someone gets caught at one of there races it could hurt there reputation. And what they do following that with be big to prevent cheating. I have not been to a big even yet that cars where looked at before the race starts.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The first principle for liberty to exist is...

Every racer is innocent until proven guilty --- Evidence

So in other words any measures that are taken, this is the first principle.

I watched a little yesterday, I didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

All they gotta do to protect the integrity of the competition on the track, is have one guy who's specific job is to be the night watchman.

Whoever the night watchman is, has to know his stuff.

The night watchman makes the call on who gets looked at.

That's all they gotta do.

The sentinel, the electric eye in the sky. The night watchman.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:
I have not been to a big even yet that cars where looked at before the race starts.

And you wont... even if there is a check, it doesnt matter. Remember a few years back when the Million specifically called out one or more ignition boxes as being illegal to use for that race? They didnt turn away folks that were using them....

Mikey

Posts: 1708 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
When will these rumours start affecting Riley's SFG and other high dollar race car counts???

Add this to an already slumbering economy, unemployment and of course Covid-19.

I imagine the year will not have the turnouts as originally expected.

Posts: 497 | Location: N/A | Registered: December 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
6 pages, nothing but speculation, are you chasing the boogie man? It seems the majority of people want technology or there wouldn't be as many fast cars and as many cars running electronics. If racers wanted more of a level playing field footbrake would be the biggest class. Instead even that has been tainted with no-box.

Posts: 1494 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
6 pages, nothing but speculation, are you chasing the boogie man? It seems the majority of people want technology or there wouldn't be as many fast cars and as many cars running electronics. If racers wanted more of a level playing field footbrake would be the biggest class. Instead even that has been tainted with no-box.

Because nobody could cheat in footbrake? lol

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Let's hear or see the proof of cheating on the tree in FB.

Posts: 1494 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
Let's hear or see the proof of cheating on the tree in FB.

I didn't say tree did i?

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:

so if it's cheap and a simple routine, I challenge you to build the system and demonstrate it in use.

Why? Just to prove to you that it can be done? I just laid out more information than you need to figure out not only what parts are needed. The programming is basically a dozen or so lines of C++, matter of fact if you did a little searching you can find a program already written that is very close to make it work.
Sure..I could wire something up on a breadboard and program it as a “proof of concept” but you still wouldn’t believe it’s possible because it’s over your head..

Posts: 97 | Location: South MS | Registered: September 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
typical, another that's full of shyt

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post