DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Tree Sensing Devices - The New Hot Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 30
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tree Sensing Devices - The New Hot Topic
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
WTF is this high school again. You didn't come talk to me lol come on bruh. If you seen Ed you knew he was there.. Where you to scared to go over and say hi? SMH wow

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1416 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Burkleo:
Since Green light is quite a bit lower in spectrum frequency than either amber or red it would be possible to create two light frequency sensitive sensors (one for left lane and one for right lane). By adding a adjustable timer circuit from 0-2 seconds you could either top or bottom bulb race with it. The trick would be getting this interfaced into the delay box or transbrake without detection.

The technology is out there, where 20 years ago it was not as available nor as accurate as it is now.

The only defense for track operators is to have someone on their tech staff well versed in racing electronics. Someone with a general electronics background is never going to catch most of this stuff.

LOL tech staff huh. Cars are barely teched at all to begin with. Let cars being Teched at a big buck race .

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1416 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
I’m proud to say this has gotten a lot of attention very quickly and has some of the smartest people in the industry working on prevention methods. It’s my belief detection will not be possible but prevention will. I’d say this will be accomplished in an extremely short period of time. I can’t thank those who have reached out enough. You all know who you are. Stay tuned!

Posts: 2148 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I definitely agree Scott! The time has come to prevent/detour the chances of cheating as well as attempting to detect as the norm. The stakes are high and emotions run higher at this level as well. There were very tight runs being made and the rumors were rampant in the pits. KUDOS to the ACE powers to be for proactively tearing down cars vs insinuating without even looking. I believe this will be a deterrent if actual teardowns were a norm at all BIG money races, there are many savvy people in our sport...JMO

I did meet Ed and Kyle. Normal folks as many we all race with. I agree with Ed we won't agree most of the time and have had quite the opposite views over the year's...glad to meet in person and as Steve mentioned gains respect as well. I bet if Ed and Green one "officially" met it would have been similar scenario.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:
WTF is this high school again. You didn't come talk to me lol come on bruh. If you seen Ed you knew he was there.. Where you to scared to go over and say hi? SMH wow

Ed isn’t someone I care to meet, not scared of him just don’t got anything good to say to him, treat him the way he treats me.
By the way he had to drive past me every time they went to make a pass and never stopped so if he had such a hardon to meet me he could have easily stopped. I was pitted at end of staging lanes for three days.

Posts: 2595 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
The red and green light shouldn’t have anything to do with it as you need it to read amber. If green is on then you are late and if red is on to late also because you left early.

Posts: 2595 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:

Ed isn’t someone I care to meet, not scared of him just don’t got anything good to say to him, treat him the way he treats me.
By the way he had to drive past me every time they went to make a pass and never stopped so if he had such a hardon to meet me he could have easily stopped. I was pitted at end of staging lanes for three days.

Then why even bring it up in the first place... You don't want to met ED yet you made the comment? Just keep moving on with your life and ignore ED. Which BTW is a feature on this page.. Seen like a push for Drama at best..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RacerVX54,

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
don't derail this thread, I don't feel like deleting a bunch of BS, and this thread isn't going away. a LOT of good information to come soon.

SL...

Posts: 2148 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Look into automated sorting by photograph recognition. Small circuit card compares photograph with photograph of tree with one light on- activate.. Look on you tube for sorting equipment, they all use it, how about "HOW ITS MADE" the TV show. Ask Allen Bradley of PLC fame if they can do what you are asking.
Take blinders off of tree, turn cross talk off might make it more difficult to perform.

Posts: 22 | Location: ohio | Registered: August 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The Dallas/Ft Worth Metro area is home to many job shops. Aerospace, medical, computers, General Dynamics, Bell Helicopter, Texas Instruments, Lockheed-Martin, and many more. The stories have been out for years about such a device and I expect the technology exists in DFW to build it.

My thought is that if the Lockheed-Martin facility near Ft Worth can build the F-16 fighter, [which they do in a complex that is over a mile long with 15,000 + employees] the technology is easily available.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1867 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
Making ALL classes footbrake (or maybe no box) is the obvious answer, but the manufacturers of the delay boxes, ignition boxes, throttle stops, etc no doubt pour lots of money to the sanctioning bodies, so that ain't gonna happen.

Mike

Posts: 1590 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Dees:
Look for crew members with "cameras" on the starting line. The sensor is not in the car.

Saw this happen going back probably 15 years and the car in question won a lot and the driver was on the BANNED list....The Dirty dozen as it was nicknamed

Maybe the only time I can recall someone having 7 .00x RT's in a row to win an NHRA Super category race...

Made the hair stand up on the back of my neck watching the crew person with that camera aim at the tree......

Posts: 2734 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Dees:
Look for crew members with "cameras" on the starting line. The sensor is not in the car.

Saw this happen going back probably 15 years and the car in question won a lot and the driver was on the BANNED list....The Dirty dozen as it was nicknamed

Maybe the only time I can recall someone having 7 .00x RT's in a row to win an NHRA Super category race...

Made the hair stand up on the back of my neck watching the crew person with that camera aim at the tree......

And the money for NHRA Super Class National or Divisional race is peanuts compared to what is out there in the Bracket Racing world.

Posts: 638 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I appreciate and support Scott's efforts but nothing will come of it. In the meantime, lets start with mandatory inspection of car and driver at 16 cars and then impound the 2 finalist cars at the ticket booth and subject the driver's to search, have them remove their fire suit in front of officials and hand it too over for inspection.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
IF there is something going on and IF like many have said it's the "camera" that crew members are using, there is a simple solution, no crew members with cameras.

Also a rule against any electrical connections between the car and the drivers helmet and firesuit would be a simple way to eliminate anything going on there. And easy to enforce.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3101 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I am not implying anything by the following statement. but why is it of all the big $ races across the country it seems only a handful of drivers and cars are consistently in the finals every where. I get that some are just plain better than most but I question how cars run dead on run after run and never experience any tire spin or traction issues ever. the turning lose .00 run after run and never missing it once is also a concern I have had. my stuff is good, really good, but it will not make 10 runs in a row flawlessly. and I turn loose above average but I can't be .00 10 hits in a row.

with the ignition technology and delay boxes as well as other technology that is available you can make anything do anything and run the same # time after time. so is it illegal if it is available? like the Grid, that thing will do everything.

with the money that is on the line someone some where will take advantage of things. it is human nature.

and 1290 is right, nothing will happen from anything.

ep

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pauley,

Posts: 776 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
pauley you hit the nail on the head, no one or no car is that perfect yet in the last few years, anyone that's been following big $ gamblers racing knows it the same racers in the late rounds and winning at these events yet no one checks them and their cars and their competitors just talk about how they must be cheating amongst themselves yet they keep going to these racers and contributing toward the prize money and the problem.

NOTHING will change!!!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I do believe some people have a lot of luck that falls their way. but how do the little numbers always fall some peoples way every time and never my way.

the .00 thing and tree sensing devices is one thing. but how do these cars run with in a thou or two every time. come on man I was born at night but not last night. it is a machine and there are to many variables involved for this to be an accident.

ep-

Posts: 776 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
clapping

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I get the whole tree sensing issue and it may or may not be legit. but a car that runs with in a few thou from daylight to midnight run after run to me is more of the issue. most people do not have the availability to tree sensing stuff. I have watched folks at these races run dead on run after run in all conditions and be dialed the same the whole day it seems.

as long as people spend at the gate week after week( and I hope they continue to for the promoters sake ) nothing will change

ep