DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Tree Sensing Devices - The New Hot Topic
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tree Sensing Devices - The New Hot Topic
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I am watching this thread with interest. I do not know of anyone cheating but I do like being proactive and keeping people honest. If there is cheating I want to know how so we can stop it.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4043 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:

If I were them I wouldn't check a single car till I got my guy, I know for fact is cheating.

I'd even let em win the race and not pay him. That's all it will take one time, catch the guy take his pay.

You start snooping around on every ones's car, everyone else see's it, you'll be orchestrating a suspicious paranoid atmosphere.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Checking people random is a bad idea.

You gotta treat it with first principle, as if everyone is innocent until proven guilty.

Plus checking random is like piss tests. You don't wanna turn it into a witch hunt.

Patience, you only need one good customer to set the tone.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AZ:
Manipulating the MSD Grid or similar ignition is another story. Done properly, just about anything can run within .01.

I would be interested in reading the method of how this is done legally. I’m racing the BIG One in two weeks and would like to try it in my Grid.

Posts: 2484 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
Originally posted by AZ:
Manipulating the MSD Grid or similar ignition is another story. Done properly, just about anything can run within .01.

I would be interested in reading the method of how this is done legally. I’m racing the BIG One in two weeks and would like to try it in my Grid.

By done properly he doesn't mean legal, by done properly illegally, he means just like it says.

Just about anything can run within a hundredth.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by AZ:

Geeze within .01!? Why not just hand me over the prize money and save everyone the travel? LOL.

But Mark to your point, I mentioned earlier that there was an online article about riding the dots. The author was going to do some testing and get back to us with another article. I never saw any follow up. Frankly I think riding the dots with the resolution that the grid and other software/hardware combos give us makes it pretty hard to get the variation to under .005. I have no evidence either way. But generally when I see riding the dots, it for heads up stuff on sketchy surfaces, so they can rescue a run and not crash a car.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6416 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by AZ:

Geeze within .01!? Why not just hand me over the prize money and save everyone the travel? LOL.

But Mark to your point, I mentioned earlier that there was an online article about riding the dots. The author was going to do some testing and get back to us with another article. I never saw any follow up. Frankly I think riding the dots with the resolution that the grid and other software/hardware combos give us makes it pretty hard to get the variation to under .005. I have no evidence either way. But generally when I see riding the dots, it for heads up stuff on sketchy surfaces, so they can rescue a run and not crash a car.

Agreed on riding the dots.

If I were to bet, I believe the majority of big money bracket event winners are still running analog ignition.

MSD 7730 Grid has just barely passed 25,000 total sales in 9 years since introduced.

Posts: 2484 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
quote:
If I were to bet, I believe the majority of big money bracket event winners are still running analog ignition.

MSD 7730 Grid has just barely passed 25,000 total sales in 9 years since introduced.

I have heard rumors there is a way to hide stuff inside the analog boxes. They have been around a long time and I'm sure a few savvy racers have found a way to open them and hide **** in them.

I have no idea what they can do to them just heard rumors. (true or not) Just because they are using analog ignitions doesn't mean they aren't cheating.

The thing I find funny is if you have a grid, a lot of people automatically assume you are. Most don't understand what it does so it HAS to be a cheating device. lol

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 744 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
This post started out as a post about tree sensing equipment.

Now it has turned into running dead on.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:

The thing I find funny is if you have a grid, a lot of people automatically assume you are. Most don't understand what it does so it HAS to be a cheating device. lol

Same with Data Loggers

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6416 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
This post started out as a post about tree sensing equipment.

Now it has turned into running dead on.

Well that got boring. Post something about light sensors then. Smile

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Any pictures of these sensors? Or people recording the tree? Or whatever is being used to cheat the reaction times?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
Just make it harder to cheat and run dead on...

Make everyone put their dial-in to the 3rd digit...

Everyone gets treated the same way then

Make the game harder to play

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1225 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any pictures of these sensors? Or people recording the tree? Or whatever is being used to cheat the reaction times?

I wish someone would show something lol

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RacerVX54,

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1404 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:
quote:

I wish someone would shot something lol

How can there be when no one knows what they are looking for....

Posts: 2438 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:
quote:

I wish someone would shot something lol

How can there be when no one knows what they are looking for....

Right

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1404 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Bruce Williams
posted Hide Post
I live in Chandler AZ where the Waymo Corp has been test driving these self driving cars for the last couple of years.
I think the technology is out there for sure. Check out this video:
https://waymo.com/tech/

Bruce Lee Cool

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Posts: 2038 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Da Shoe
posted Hide Post
Diffused Reflective Photoelectric sensor, aim it at tree for top amber, let your button rip just like normal, box will take the quickest of the 2 hits. Could be a possibility

https://www.automationdirect.c...D_BwE#bodycontentppc

Posts: 610 | Location: Da Swamp!!!! | Registered: October 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If you want to get rid of cheating, potential cheating, suspected cheating or future cheating, git rid of the electronics. I have said for many years, electronics will eventually be part of the death of our sport.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
ain't going happen and no one cares who is using what to gain an advantage at the tree and/or down track, not the promoters, not the racers and if it ain't disallowed on the flyer, it ain't cheating.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post