DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Tree Sensing Devices - The New Hot Topic
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tree Sensing Devices - The New Hot Topic
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
ain't going happen and no one cares who is using what to gain an advantage at the tree and/or down track, not the promoters, not the racers and if it ain't disallowed on the flyer, it ain't cheating.

Dead on. Spot checking car is a dog and pony show..

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1404 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Here's what's gonna happen.

They're gonna let someone win and not pay em.

Then they'll prove how that person had a device set to parameter, to go dead on.

Trust me I know these people. I know how they think.

They only need one good customer for their mouse trap.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

Then they'll prove how that person had a device set to parameter, to go dead on.

Doubtful...

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1404 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

Doubtful...

The handwriting is on the wall. The most detailed explanation, was the explanation given to how they'd split the money up.

Scott has said "it took us a little while to get here, it's gonna take us a little while to get out"

Meaning just because you have a device doesn't mean you'll win with it. It might take a while for the guy, or group to make it through but my guess is they're already looking at someone, or a group of people they suspect.

They're probably coordinating logistics for proof. Proving how it is done is the key. Evidence.

Trust me I know how they think.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mad Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Da Shoe:
Diffused Reflective Photoelectric sensor, aim it at tree for top amber, let your button rip just like normal, box will take the quickest of the 2 hits. Could be a possibility

[url=https://www.automationdirect.com/adc/overview/catalog/sensors_-z-_encoders/photoelectric_sensors?

gclid=EAIaIQobChMIg4GHyvmc6gIVgbbICh3nXwL4EAAYBCAAEgK69PD_BwE#bodycontentppc]https://www.automationdirect.c...D_BwE#bodycontentppc[/url]

I wonder how a driver could accurately aim these sensors without a visual indication that it's aimed correctly (visible laser). Also, if there would be a consistent propagation delay involved in the signal transmission? If there is an inconsistent propagation delay, the device's output signal would not be conducive to consistent TB release, unless the propagation delay is approaching the nano second ranges of measurement...

Dan

DOES YOUR IDEOLOGY ALLOW YOU TO EQUITABLY APPLY STANDARDS OF ACCOUNTABILITY OR DOES IT PROMOTE THE PRACTICE OF HYPOCRISY?

Posts: 226 | Location: ... --- ... | Registered: November 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Da Shoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Dog:
quote:
Originally posted by Da Shoe:
Diffused Reflective Photoelectric sensor, aim it at tree for top amber, let your button rip just like normal, box will take the quickest of the 2 hits. Could be a possibility

[url=https://www.automationdirect.com/adc/overview/catalog/sensors_-z-_encoders/photoelectric_sensors?

gclid=EAIaIQobChMIg4GHyvmc6gIVgbbICh3nXwL4EAAYBCAAEgK69PD_BwE#bodycontentppc]https://www.automationdirect.c...D_BwE#bodycontentppc[/url]

I wonder how a driver could accurately aim these sensors without a visual indication that it's aimed correctly (visible laser). Also, if there would be a consistent propagation delay involved in the signal transmission? If there is an inconsistent propagation delay, the device's output signal would not be conducive to consistent TB release, unless the propagation delay is approaching the nano second ranges of measurement...

Given that the nature of this type of sensor only needs some sort of interrupt it can probably be quite easy. It wouldnt have to be aligned perfectly, only enuff to recognize that the top amber has been illuminated. As long as the bulb illuminated the same everytime then a simple delay box adjustment would only be needed.

Posts: 608 | Location: Da Swamp!!!! | Registered: October 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mad Dog
posted Hide Post
So, this DRP sensor you speak of must have a relatively wide sensing range (coverage area), therefore, no need for accurate aiming of the sensor. Where would a sensor like this be mounted? What would arm the detection mode? A separate switch? It would seem it couldn't be armed until all four stage bulbs were lit. How would the output of the sensor be inputted to the delay box for the comparison process to determine which release would be used (driver release or sensor release) for that run?

Dan

DOES YOUR IDEOLOGY ALLOW YOU TO EQUITABLY APPLY STANDARDS OF ACCOUNTABILITY OR DOES IT PROMOTE THE PRACTICE OF HYPOCRISY?

Posts: 226 | Location: ... --- ... | Registered: November 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Da Shoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Dog:
So, this DRP sensor you speak of must have a relatively wide sensing range (coverage area), therefore, no need for accurate aiming of the sensor. Where would a sensor like this be mounted? What would arm the detection mode? A separate switch? It would seem it couldn't be armed until all four stage bulbs were lit. How would the output of the sensor be inputted to the delay box for the comparison process to determine which release would be used (driver release or sensor release) for that run?

Could be armed with the transbreak button by pushing it once all 4 bulbs were lit. I believe there is a delay box that allows you to hit the tree twice and it takes the quickest of the 2. If so then one hit would be the sensor and the other would be you letting the button go. Probably could be mounted anywhere, go pro camera, helmet, scoop, headlight, wing, chassis etc.

Posts: 608 | Location: Da Swamp!!!! | Registered: October 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Just use a blinking light on the tree like Accutime has for Courtesy Stage. Blue light blinking on tree, during eliminations. Hard for a sensor to determine which flash, right?

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Toad1:
Just use a blinking light on the tree like Accutime has for Courtesy Stage. Blue light blinking on tree, during eliminations. Hard for a sensor to determine which flash, right?

At least it wouldn't be a distraction for those of us on the up and up.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6412 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
One thing I am sure of, if I was the guy driving that silver bullet car I would file a big lawsuit against the promoters of the race at Dragway 42 a couple of weeks ago. They have now got everyone in the drag racing world thinking he is a cheater and now every dragstrip around will be harassing him. Now don't get me wrong he may be cheating, I really don't know. I also don't claim to be a lawyer but I really don't think you can single out one car and inspect him for 45 minutes in front of everyone at the track when dozens of others were doing just as well and were not inspected.Also this was caused just because the silver bullet beat their house car two times in about 10 minutes and now they may have to pay out the entire purse.

Posts: 36 | Location: corona, ca | Registered: October 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
who drive's the silver bullet car you're talking about?

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
This was just posted on Facebook.
SFG Secures Lonnie Grim to Support Technical Inspection Efforts at the JEGS SFG $1.1M
“CHICAGO, IL. (Jun. 22, 2020): Following our previous press release on the use of illegal devices not in the spirit of fair competition located here, https://racesfg.com/news/2020/0622-million, SFG Promotions is going one step further to ensure a fair event. Lonnie Grim, Competition & Tech Director for the PDRA will join Team SFG for the JEGS SFG 1.1 Million.

Grim brings a vast amount of experience and knowledge when it comes to the advanced technical systems and aspects of the sport.
Before his tenure with the PDRA, Grim has worked with the likes of Street Outlaws: No Prep Kings, NMCA/NMRA, Holley LSFest and Outlaw Street Car Reunion and Drag Illustrated World Doorslammer Nationals building an impressive amount of expertise leading into the JEGS SFG $1.1 Million presented by Allstar Performance.
Join us in welcoming Lonnie to the team this week.

For the good of the sport, our priority is fairness and our expectation is that our customers will comply with our requests for inspection so that fairness can be ensured.

With that, it is time for the HIGHEST PAYING DRAG RACE in HISTORY! Visit www.racesfg.com for all of the details.”
Full story: https://racesfg.com/news/2020/0626-million/

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rookieman:
One thing I am sure of, if I was the guy driving that silver bullet car I would file a big lawsuit against the promoters of the race at Dragway 42 a couple of weeks ago. They have now got everyone in the drag racing world thinking he is a cheater and now every dragstrip around will be harassing him. Now don't get me wrong he may be cheating, I really don't know. I also don't claim to be a lawyer but I really don't think you can single out one car and inspect him for 45 minutes in front of everyone at the track when dozens of others were doing just as well and were not inspected.Also this was caused just because the silver bullet beat their house car two times in about 10 minutes and now they may have to pay out the entire purse.
Who was the house car?

Posts: 1259 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Whomp...exactly

Posts: 2111 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I hate to break it you guys but my cheating stuff is so well hidden that you’ll never find it. Heck, even I can’t find it. Everyone is so scared to race me that there is a giant rush just to pull up next to me in the lanes. They know I’m gonna win so they figure they might as well get it over with!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5315 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
I hate to break it you guys but my cheating stuff is so well hidden that you’ll never find it. Heck, even I can’t find it. Everyone is so scared to race me that there is a giant rush just to pull up next to me in the lanes. They know I’m gonna win so they figure they might as well get it over with!

Laughing Hard

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I made the final tonight and that dang cheating device didn’t work for crap! I was dead late! If I find it today I’m pulling it out of the car.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5315 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of shooter66
posted Hide Post
Quite the interesting read....I can fix this in like 5 seconds...MANDATORY POLYGRAPH TEST FOR ALL FINALIST...OR ANY CAR AND DRIVER AT ANY TIME PER THE DIRECTOR OR PAID PROTEST.
We do this on the routine at large Bass Fishing events. In fact at big money events like the Texas Team Trail, BASS Elites, FLW, MLF tours they random draw guys throughout the event (or at least threaten they will). Its fairly inexpensive to have a guy on site to administer the test. Or you can pay the local PD to administer it for you.

I say call 5 random guys to the tower before the first time shot and then see who "doesnt make the call to the lanes" and get them too.

If you dont like the fact they may poly you dont come play...its real simple.

Man I sure miss my racing fam....but I do like my bass boat Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: shooter66,

www.BTEracing.com
M&M Chassis Craft
Mickey Thompson Tires

Oldani Motorsports Transmissions

Posts: 5287 | Location: Chitown  | Registered: February 28, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shooter66:
Quite the interesting read....I can fix this in like 5 seconds...MANDATORY POLYGRAPH TEST FOR ALL FINALIST...OR ANY CAR AND DRIVER AT ANY TIME PER THE DIRECTOR OR PAID PROTEST.
We do this on the routine at large Bass Fishing events.

Bet they don't polygraph the officials putting on the event.

If they did, then it would get interesting.

Anytime you polygraph contestants in any competition, it needs to be mandatory the officials putting on the competition are polygraphed.

The question that qualifies an official fit to be an official is "Have you ever cheated, "have you ever tilted the table".

Not many officials are fit to be officials, especially the officials in DC. Probably none.

If you're gonna polygraph the racers to see if they're fit to receive winnings, you gotta polygraph the officials to see if they're fit to be the officials.