DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Politics and more Politics    Trump is our only Hope
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 124
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trump is our only Hope
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
It's a free market. The question is how large we want to define the market as. If it is defined within the confines of our country, then it is what it is, and it is that way for everyone. I really don't think that American workers as a group intend for anyone to "take it in the shorts". But let's put the shoe on the other foot...By opening up the market to the entire world, we really *******ize the entire supply and demand system for labor. Heck if we are going to do that, we can drive down the going rate for an engineer to minimum wage or whatever someone from any lowly corner of the Earth is willing to work for. Please don't take this badly....but how long will it be before we simply farm out our military? If you look at the progression that we are talking about, how far fetched is it really? Someone could say "Why should taxpayers take it in the shorts?"

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6413 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO THINK IT CAN’T BE DONE.
Here is number eight US Code 1182, inadmissible aliens. This law was written in 1952. It was passed by a Democrat-controlled Congress, House and Senate, and signed by a Democrat president.
"Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by president. Whenever the president finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, the president may, by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or non-immigrants or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate."
All of the pundits that are claiming that what Trump said is dumb, stupid, reckless, dangerous, and/or unconstitutional, need to educate themselves. It is already the law of the land. And it was utilized by Jimmy Carter, no less, in 1979 to keep Iranians out of the United States, but he actually did more. He made all Iranian students already here check in, and then he deported a bunch. Seven thousand were found in violation of their visas, 15,000 Iranians were forced to leave the United States, 1979.
You probably won’t hear of this from our mainstream media, nor from our "Narcissist-in-Chief" ...............but those are the facts.

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12289 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
Picture of BD
posted Hide Post
Anymore it seems that if someone gets to work on time, they are deserving of a raise just for that. Nevermind that many of these same people may not be willing to do anything once they get there.

We are in serious trouble in this country as everyone thinks they should be rich whether they do anything for it or not. At least the younger crowd.

Posts: 8960 | Location: Cooper, Texas | Registered: June 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Well, I see now in Illinois you don't have to be a US citizen to practice law. That's a new one for the books this year. Dandy!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6413 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Koski:

Senator Cruz opposes ALL energy subsidies even while campaigning in corn growing ethanol supporting Iowa!
ethanol is so BAD, I hate to do this, that even algore has stated he made a HUGE mistake promoting ethanol in the past!!!!!

Don’t look now, but Ted Cruz just caved on ethanol

SIOUX CENTER—During a bus tour stop in Sioux Center, Iowa last night, Senator Ted Cruz expressed support for the Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) through 2022.

Responding to a question from an ethanol investor from Iowa about whether he would allow the landmark energy program to continue through its current expiration in 2022, Sen. Cruz responded by expressing support for the RFS through 2022.

So Ted wants to just “extend” the RFS to 2022, eh? How convenient that he wants to “phase it out” but that wouldn’t happen until two years after he won his reelection were he to become President. And this stand on the blendwall is an absolute pander to the ethanol lobby of the worst sort.

http://hotair.com/archives/201...ent-page-1/#comments

Flip flop!

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
....but how long will it be before we simply farm out our military?

Already doing this... We just call them UN soldiers..

If you are talking about us having a mercenary Army, then at the rate we are going that would be for the best.. In fact that's a real good idea.
We send mercenaries out in the world with nothing but a paycheck, while our Army does what it is supposed to do...Protect our borders..
It's a winner, we don't have to pay for medical or any other benefits while at the same time we stop illegals from crossing our borders..

Dave

DC: As to the STEM folks. Those not wanting the H1B people taking the jobs of Americans (I am one of them, to a point)the question has to be asked and answered, just what is the tipping point for wages? (which seems to be the driving force behind this) If the answer is whatever the market will bear. Then I think that point has been reached/passed or most likely we wouldn't be talking about H1B.

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
It's all just noise anyhow. Outside of Trump, there isn't one candidate that is focusing any of their energy talking about what they would do to improve the employment/earning situation for Americans. I don't know if Trump can accomplish 1% of what he talks about.....but at least he keeps the real issues in the forefront. The richest guy in the entire bunch, and he is better connected with what Americans consider important than any of them. I find it refreshing that it isn't all politics as usual with him. I may not be in love with him, but at least I like him.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Double Thumbs up

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
Read Senator Cruz's tax plan and the economic activity and jobs it would create!
Making threats and babbling about import levies isn't going to accomplish much!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Read Senator Cruz's tax plan and the economic activity and jobs it would create!

OK. I read the summary on his web site. First of all, the math makes no sense. How you can go from taxing everyone nearly 30% of their income to 10%, and still stay solvent, I'm really not sure. It really isn't clear. Nor is it at all clear HOW all of this actually encourages job growth. We can agree in principle to what he wants to do. But there is a lot of smoke and mirrors when it comes to his plan creating jobs. So with Cruz's plan, we take a giant leap of faith (can you say Obamacare?) that it won't bankrupt the nation and that somehow it will create jobs. At least when somebody looks at a problem like trade imbalance, and Trump answers that he will make imports more expensive to offset some of the tax burden that American manufactuers pay, it's simple. EVERYBODY can draw the straight line towards job growth with that plan. In fact, you have to make it pretty darned crosseyed to see it any other way.

So you can wave Cruz's tax plan around all you want. But I think it has so many gaps that it just plain sucks. Cristie's and Santorums plans make more sense than that.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR All Star
Picture of BD
posted Hide Post
When taxes get too high, it makes no sense to keep on keeping on. After while the more you make is so offset by the high taxes that you just kick back a little.

Bucky, I can see where you don't know shiot about a producer's mentality.

Posts: 8960 | Location: Cooper, Texas | Registered: June 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD:
When taxes get too high, it makes no sense to keep on keeping on. After while the more you make is so offset by the high taxes that you just kick back a little.

Bucky, I can see where you don't know shiot about a producer's mentality.

I suppose you have to define what you mean by a producer. I have been quite aggressive in my career and when I was in business. There are ups and downs, but never do I lose sight of the FACT that the more you make, the more you take home. And when you get to a milestone where a little more seems to get you nowhere, you work harder to make a lot more. THAT"S the mentality of every successful businessman AND employee. When you let others convince you that trying harder will put you further behind, then you get the ghetto mentality. Maybe that's where your "producers" are?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR All Star
Picture of BD
posted Hide Post
Not necessarily. Why would you want to produce more if the cost of doing business got pretty big and you had all you really needed and didn't feel like giving the Government a lot more money?

Lower taxes and I guarantee there would be a savage increase in productivity in this country. At least that's what Reagan believed and it worked. Not so much during his terms, but it came to fruition during the Clinton administration. All Bill really did was not fu ck it up with a bunch of wars and bullshiot.

Incentive is the key.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Bill, he wants a 16% tax, known in Europe as a value added tax or a VAT tax, on gross receipts from sale of good and services. And you're for that?

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD:
Not necessarily. Why would you want to produce more if the cost of doing business got pretty big and you had all you really needed and didn't feel like giving the Government a lot more money?

Lower taxes and I guarantee there would be a savage increase in productivity in this country. At least that's what Reagan believed and it worked. Not so much during his terms, but it came to fruition during the Clinton administration. All Bill really did was not fu ck it up with a bunch of wars and bullshiot.

Incentive is the key.

Well, if you have all you need, and have no further need for additional money, then incentive isn't really the issue. If that isn't the case and you are hungry for more, then work for it. Reagan times were before the outsourcing of much of the decent employment for the blue collar in this nation. Trickle down had a chance to work when it would trickle into our own country and stay there. It's a different world today.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The economy sure looks better now than it did under the Bush admin.
Go Bernie!

Straightline Innovations - Performance Parts -Enclosed Trailer Screws

Posts: 64 | Location: Charlotte, Tn. | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Troll has another foolish friend. Or maybe its just another Troll.

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12289 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Smile

Posts: 64 | Location: Charlotte, Tn. | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike English:
Troll has another foolish friend. Or maybe its just another Troll.

It kind of looks that way...but a liberal from Tennessee??? Rolling

Jerry Mock

Posts: 2001 | Location: 2000 miles from the Village IDIOT and that's still to close! | Registered: September 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yeah, we aint all backwards here Smile