DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Politics and more Politics    Trump is our only Hope
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 124
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trump is our only Hope
 Login/Join

DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
If Trump gets in, it will be the end of the conservative party.

The conservs and repubs don't want him to represent their party.

He will have to break his promise and run 3rd. party candidate.

Posts: 10253 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
The Benghazi queenie's babbling about "all women have to be believed" has brought out fourteen (14), count 'em, victims that the rapist harassed, assaulted and RAPED, some suffered all three attacks!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11008 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Trump goes birther on Cruz.............

Donald Trump, who famously questioned whether President Obama was really born in Hawaii, is now raising questions about the Canadian birth of Republican presidential campaign rival Ted Cruz.

“Republicans are going to have to ask themselves the question: ‘Do we want a candidate who could be tied up in court for two years?’" Trump told The Washington Post in reference to the Texas senator. "That’d be a big problem ... It’d be a very precarious one for Republicans because he’d be running and the courts may take a long time to make a decision. You don’t want to be running and have that kind of thing over your head.”

Birther-ism, Part II?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/...itizenship/78325076/

Posts: 2977 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob H:

The conservs and repubs don't want him to represent their party.

He will have to break his promise and run 3rd. party candidate.

I've got news for you IDIOT, the reason neither party wants Trump because he will break up the good ol' boy system and change the government for the better unlike Obozo that wants to change the United States into a third world country!! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Jerry Mock

Posts: 2001 | Location: 2000 miles from the Village IDIOT and that's still to close! | Registered: September 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
Senator Cruz has a response to the Trumpster's babbling about eligibility that is hilarious!!!!!
The Senator Cruz ad with people splashing across the Rio Grande is a hoot also!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11008 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Koski:

The Senator Cruz ad with people splashing across the Rio Grande is a hoot also!

Somewhat ironic seeming he wants to increase H-1B Visas by as much as 500%.......

Cruz is one of the few right-wing politicians who subscribes to the same school of thought as his Democratic opponents across the party aisle, in believing visa workers in the U.S. provide the catalyst for further domestic job growth.

http://www.americanbazaaronlin...-to-325000-annually/

Posts: 2977 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:

The conservs and repubs don't want him to represent their party

IF???? There you go again, admitting that Trump will crush anything the Dems put up.

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12297 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
Interesting that you keep bashing Senator cruz about legal immigration?
Senator Cruz wants to SECURE the border, Never grant amnesty and NEVER provide welfare to illegals!!!!!
It seems you may support rubio who wants to give the ENTIRE farm to illegals!!!!!

Another issue that proves Senator Cruz is for the American people. Senator Cruz opposes ALL energy subsidies even while campaigning in corn growing ethanol supporting Iowa!
ethanol is so BAD, I hate to do this, that even algore has stated he made a HUGE mistake promoting ethanol in the past!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Trans Lady:

Somewhat ironic seeming he wants to increase H-1B Visas by as much as 500%.......

[QUOTE]

I wonder where his stance would be if there were actually enough scientist/engineer type Americans to fill the highly skilled positions?

I mean if our government run schools actually emphasized courses that would produce more of these types of people "maybe" we wouldn't need so many immigrant. I see these type of people as the ones that invent if you will the different products/ideas that would led to the creation of more jobs.

I don't see anyone wanting to grant a H1B visa to someone in the performing arts, political science or some other worthless degree. I mean we produce enough of those..

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3336 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wonder where his stance would be if there were actually enough scientist/engineer type Americans to fill the highly skilled positions?

I can't agree with your position on this one. My company just laid off about 1,500 highly skilled engineering types. There are plenty of Americans who were educated in America who are now very smart and competent engineers....many of them are out of work. Just like the trend in all other wages, the wages for great engineers are no longer competitive here in the States. Nobody wants to put the work into getting an engineering degree when they will simply enter a volatile work force with no security and wages that don't keep pace with the talent. Just like in the trucking world, many of these foreign engineers will work for less than a well qualified American engineer will work for. More outsourcing of American jobs IMO.

As far as schools being the problem: Hogwash. Students are being offered the best education in history in the US right now. There is simply no dedication from the students nor their parents to grab that basically free education and make something of it. They offer the classes that states require them to offer and the classes that students are interested in taking. We are in the habit of blaming schools for gaps in our workforce training. The problems are usually much deeper than that.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6441 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
I'd be a little skeptical of an education system when graduates can't read their diplomas or make simple change on a purchase!
Maybe you haven't seen many of the REQUIRED courses at even the supposedly best indoctrination institutions of higher learning?

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Koski:
I'd be a little skeptical of an education system when graduates can't read their diplomas or make simple change on a purchase!
Maybe you haven't seen many of the REQUIRED courses at even the supposedly best indoctrination institutions of higher learning?

Again, in college, if you are paying for the credits, they pretty much let you take what you want until you run out of money.

But in high school and below, the information is taught. You can lead a horse to water.....
Now why they eventually graduate laziness, I don't know. My son is in jr high currently. Many of the kids never bother doing their homework, and the parents take no interest in their kids' schooling. So now we are left with whatever they get in class, if they pay attention. Whether the teachers are worth a damn or not is really a moot point. They could be the best teachers ever, and the sloths will still get nothing out of it.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6441 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Well I suppose if there are so many engineers and scientist that they can't find work then the need must not be there, so in that case I would think the H1B visa's for those workers wouldn't be issued according to the governments requirements to issue them.

quote:

Requirement 4 - You must be paid at least the actual or prevailing wage for your occupation, whichever is higher.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The prevailing wage is determined based on the position in which you will be employed and the geographic location where you will be working (among other factors). The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) maintains a database with applicable current prevailing wage levels based on occupation and work location. To view the wage database and estimate the prevailing wage that may be required for your position, click here.

The rest of the requirements are here..

http://www.uscis.gov/eir/visa-...ng-h-1b-requirements

As to the education.. Yes college classes are your choice.. What I was getting at is the actual degree.. Not an excessive amount of students going for the hard stuff (engineering, etc)

As to grade school students.. Yeah a 1st or 2nd grade student really needs to be taught sex education..
I agree with what Bill was saying, when they can't read their own diploma or give change without the cash register telling them the amount, not to mention their writing and English skills I don't think the quality is quite there..

I do however totally agree with you about the lack of parental supervision.

But then we live in a society that doesn't really give a rats ass about anything except what they are doing.

If your company is laying off engineer types then something must be going on in the area of their expertise with the economy. Or your company is doing something different.

Just saying in reference to what TL posted that I don't think what Cruz suggested is a killer for him, nor should legal immigration be confused with illegal immigration..

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3336 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Look, I'm just saying that we may want to hire...oh I don't know....Americans for American jobs!

I hear military folks say that veterans should get preferential treatment for jobs. Let me go out on a limb with a crazy notion: Americans ought to get preferential treatment for American jobs! We figure out every reason in the world not to employ Americans. How about just one reason to actually employ them!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Dave, we do not have a shortage of STEM workers .................

Senate Committee Warned: H-1B Visas Could Eliminate STEM Jobs for Americans

“This is all about money. That’s all it’s about,” Palmer said as he recalled watching “skilled Americans being fired because they earn too much. “You’re basically trading jobs away to make a little bit of profit for Southern California Edison,” Palmer explained. He ended up training his own replacement for a job he had been working in for 15 years.

The InfoSys case is the largest immigration visa fraud fine in U.S. history, at $34 million in damages paid. Yet, testimony from Professor Ron Hira, who is an expert in high-skill immigration policy at Howard University, revealed that the applied fine “did nothing to persuade the company to change its behavior.”

Hira noted that the fine was “a mere 0.4 percent of Infosys’ $8.2 billion in annual revenues. From the perspective of Infosys executives, the fine was a small addition to their cost of doing business.” He suggested InfoSys should have been blocked from being able to employ an H-1B program. “The technology industry has long offered the Trojan Horse of paying training fees in exchange more H-1Bs. This is fool’s gold for American workers. It is a lose-lose situation,” Hira pointed out.

Hira said the media and policymakers are painting a false picture when they suggest that most employers search high and low for American workers before turning to guest workers.

“That is absolutely not true. It is not required by the law or the regulations and it’s not true in practice. We see this over and over again. The Southern California Edison case is just the most flagrant example of that but Disney, and many others, as well as companies like Deloitte — which is now hiring only H-1B workers to service the State of California unemployment insurance IT system,” the professor explained.

The numbers are sobering.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...-jobs-for-americans/

Now you see the irony in Cruz's ad?

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
Look, I'm just saying that we may want to hire...oh I don't know....Americans for American jobs!

I hear military folks say that veterans should get preferential treatment for jobs. Let me go out on a limb with a crazy notion: Americans ought to get preferential treatment for American jobs! We figure out every reason in the world not to employ Americans. How about just one reason to actually employ them!

Oh, I don't know (my best imitation of the condescending voice you used)I agree... Eyes

I'm a veteran and I realize you know that. But I (surprise) disagree that veterans should always get preferential treatment for jobs. There are some numbnuts veterans out there, and I've seen my share of some put in positions over more qualified people veteran or not.

But let me go out on a limb and say the best qualified should get preferential treatment, even if they are American.. What you may have failed to understand is a couple of points I tried to make..
1. What if the application pool doesn't have enough or maybe even some not qualified Americans looking for a particular job? The employer puts some putz in the position to cause him to maybe lose money or close shop just because he's American?
2. What if there are millions of very qualified Americans that apply for the jobs, but because they refuse to move to where the job is the job goes unfilled? I've seen that a lot in my time.. In fact I have one very close friend that quit a good paying job because he didn't want to move. I myself took a job and sold everything and moved 1000 miles away found out I was unhappy with the job and living there, then took a 50,000.00 bath just to move back to TX where I'm fully retired because of a multitude of reasons..

I know there are Americans out there that are fully qualified for a lot of those H1B jobs, but for one reason or another they are not getting them.. May be that the number one reason is because the employer isn't willing to pay what they want or think they are worth.. May be they are "over" qualified for the position and the employer can't justify their worth. But, if that is the case maybe the applicant needs to re-evaluate what they think their worth is, if they want the job, they may even work their way up in salary after they have proved themselves to the new employer. You know the old saying...Money rules, and he who has the money, writes the rules.. Not to mention a lot of people think they are above starting over..
I can't count how many times I have..lol

Don't take this personal, it's just my opinion, and they vary...

Dave

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
The fact remains that Senator Cruz has the strongest SENSIBLE position of any candidate concerning ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION!
Secure the border, NO amnesty and NO welfare for illegals!
The illegals are taking the jobs and destroying the pay scale of the Americans least able to afford it.

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Dave,
I take no offence, and certainly meant none to you. I value your opinion, even if I disagree with it.

I just think your what-if situation is a stretch in some ways, but proves my point in others.

I live and work in BF nowhere as far as most engineers are concerned. (Not the location of the large downsizing of engineers here.) It can be difficult to attract the best candidates out here. So we know we need to sweeten the deal a bit if we really want them. I guess we could advertise internationally, but we want to hire Americans.....for a variety of reasons.(communication, Americanism, safety, security.....we are sitting on a large storage of hydrogen that has the potential to go boom! You don't want just anybody from who knows where on-site with access.) We can come up with all sorts of what-if's to justify hiring non-Americans. Or we can simply choose as a country to employ our citizens.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trans Lady:
Dave, we do not have a shortage of STEM workers .................

Senate Committee Warned: H-1B Visas Could Eliminate STEM Jobs for Americans

“This is all about money. That’s all it’s about,” Palmer said as he recalled watching “skilled Americans being fired because they earn too much. “You’re basically trading jobs away to make a little bit of profit for Southern California Edison,” Palmer explained. He ended up training his own replacement for a job he had been working in for 15 years.

The InfoSys case is the largest immigration visa fraud fine in U.S. history, at $34 million in damages paid. Yet, testimony from Professor Ron Hira, who is an expert in high-skill immigration policy at Howard University, revealed that the applied fine “did nothing to persuade the company to change its behavior.”

Hira noted that the fine was “a mere 0.4 percent of Infosys’ $8.2 billion in annual revenues. From the perspective of Infosys executives, the fine was a small addition to their cost of doing business.” He suggested InfoSys should have been blocked from being able to employ an H-1B program. “The technology industry has long offered the Trojan Horse of paying training fees in exchange more H-1Bs. This is fool’s gold for American workers. It is a lose-lose situation,” Hira pointed out.

Hira said the media and policymakers are painting a false picture when they suggest that most employers search high and low for American workers before turning to guest workers.

“That is absolutely not true. It is not required by the law or the regulations and it’s not true in practice. We see this over and over again. The Southern California Edison case is just the most flagrant example of that but Disney, and many others, as well as companies like Deloitte — which is now hiring only H-1B workers to service the State of California unemployment insurance IT system,” the professor explained.

The numbers are sobering.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...-jobs-for-americans/

Now you see the irony in Cruz's ad?

I agree it is all about money.. What else is new? I guess I don't understand your idea that it's all on Cruz. I don't argue the fact that we can only have perfect candidates, but I personally can't remember ever having one..

At some point the worker wants more than the employer is willing to pay.. I understand we are supposed to be all for the worker. But at some point the employer should come into focus.

Seems everyone thinks that business is all about the worker.. Not so, I don't believe.

My reason when I went into business back in the 70's wasn't to give someone a job, it was to give myself a job (although I was working when I started it)I didn't hire anyone until my workload could support it. And, I didn't pay my workers more than I made.

I doubt you went into business for the sole purpose of creating jobs either..

Don't take me wrong on this.. I'm all for supporting our own first and foremost.. But I don't agree that business should take it in the shorts just to pay out more than they have to, because someone thinks they deserve it..

Dave