DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Politics and more Politics    Destroying the Church of Global Warming
Page 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 207
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Destroying the Church of Global Warming
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
UN climate change expert: there could be more errors in report

The IPCC’s 2007 report, which won it the Nobel Peace Prize, said that the probability of Himalayan glaciers “disappearing by the year 2035 and perhaps sooner is very high”.

But it emerged last week that the forecast was based not on a consensus among climate change experts, but on a media interview with a single Indian glaciologist in 1999.

The IPCC admitted on Thursday that the prediction was “poorly substantiated” in the latest of a series of blows to the panel’s credibility.

could be more errors in report

Zell/Granny 2012

Send Your Thanks To the U.S.Military

Post a Message to our Soldiers

Of all the things I've lost,
I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Professional Fence Hanger / Spectator
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
To top that now they've got one more lie covering it up claiming now the numbers were just transposed!
Certainly can't admit they were putting alleged science out there gleaned from one man's speculation!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11008 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Jeremy J.>
posted
Translady, awfully warm in SoFL today huh?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Jeremy J.>
posted
Another warm one today huh Translady?

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Average temp. in Boca Raton is 77. Tomorrow is forecast for 79. We're all going to die.

Posts: 9 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Jeremy J.>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by KyDrag:
Average temp. in Boca Raton is 77. Tomorrow is forecast for 79. We're all going to die.

I wasn't referring to the following days forecast now was I?

<Jeremy J.>
posted
48° and rain tomorrow in BFLO. It is still January right?

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
UN wrongly linked global warming to natural disasters:

THE United Nations climate science panel faces new controversy for wrongly linking global warming to an increase in the number and severity of natural disasters such as hurricanes and floods.

It based the claims on an unpublished report that had not been subjected to routine scientific scrutiny — and ignored warnings from scientific advisers that the evidence supporting the link too weak. The report's own authors later withdrew the claim because they felt the evidence was not strong enough.

The claim by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), that global warming is already affecting the severity and frequency of global disasters, has since become embedded in political and public debate. It was central to discussions at last month's Copenhagen climate summit, including a demand by developing countries for compensation of $100 billion (£62 billion) from the rich nations blamed for creating the most emissions.

The new controversy also goes back to the IPCC's 2007 report in which a separate section warned that the world had "suffered rapidly rising costs due to extreme weather-related events since the 1970s".

The Sunday Times has since found that the scientific paper on which the IPCC based its claim had not been peer reviewed, nor published, at the time the climate body issued its report.

When the paper was eventually published, in 2008, it had a new caveat. It said: "We find insufficient evidence to claim a statistical relationship between global temperature increase and catastrophe losses."

Despite this change the IPCC did not issue a clarification ahead of the Copenhagen climate summit last month. It has also emerged that at least two scientific reviewers who checked drafts of the IPCC report urged greater caution in proposing a link between climate change and disaster impacts — but were ignored.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/t...t/article7000063.ece

Here is where the IPCC tries to link a single weather event to climate change aka global warming:

http://www.ipcc.ch/publication...g2/en/ch12s12-6.html

Jeremy, it's seems to be ok when peer reviewed scientists link a weather event to global warming. lol

Posts: 2980 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Jeremy J.>
posted
You didn't answer my questions..........again.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Yes I did! lol

Posts: 2980 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Jeremy J.>
posted
Since when is 'climate change' and 'global warming' synonymous? BTW, that report covers an entire summer.

<Jeremy J.>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Trans Lady:
Yes I did! lol

It kills you to tell everybody how warm it's been down here doesn't it? Cool

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Is you ship sinking JJ? It's funny you are always talking about how warm it is in Florida of all places like it supposed to be below zero there! Are you trying to get people from Canada to move there or just rubbing their nose in it? I'm all for global warming, bring it on, I hate cold weather and snow. Maybe it will start raining if it warms up!

Posts: 904 | Location: SE Texas Panhandle | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Jeremy J.>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by 82Blackbird:
Is you ship sinking JJ? It's funny you are always talking about how warm it is in Florida of all places like it supposed to be below zero there! Are you trying to get people from Canada to move there or just rubbing their nose in it? I'm all for global warming, bring it on, I hate cold weather and snow. Maybe it will start raining if it warms up!

It's been warmer than usual the last few days, and we all know how a couple of days defines global warming or global cooling right?

What's just as funny is how everybody points out how cold it is up north, likes it's supposed to be hot. Didn't see you call that out.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Jeremy, you have nothing to say about the article?

The IPCC ignored warnings to promote a political agenda.

How could anyone have confidence in their work?

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
HOME

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

"Put some jam on the bottom shelf where the little man can reach it."

"The Truth", it's just another liberal conspiracy!

Posts: 1236 | Location: Port Charlotte, Florida | Registered: December 16, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
Now one of the honchos at the ipcc has confessed he knew all along that the Himalayan glacier melting date was wrong but left it in the report anyway to put pressure on the area!
It now turns out the vaunted noaa has been moving thermometers to warmer areas in an effoet to jack up temperature averages!
It's apparent they've done it in Vegas, or the area surrounding the instruments has radically changed!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11008 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Jeremy J.>
posted
The delirious, egotistical, geriatric, closed-minded, fraudulent, pompous sin city ignoramus warrants no response due to his constant failure to prove and/or provide information regarding his uneducated and misinformed rhetoric. Post some information regarding these instruments and offer up some sort of relevant and civilized discussion.

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Koski:
Yesterday I heard somebody say, "once you're forced to resort to name-calling you've lost the arguement!"
Seems to fit this situation doesn't it?

Still applies this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

<Jeremy J.>
posted
quote:
quote:
Yesterday I heard somebody say, "once you're forced to resort to name-calling you've lost the arguement!"
Seems to fit this situation doesn't it?

Still applies this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You telling people about name-calling is like Rush Limbaugh telling you how to eat healthy.

Find anything about those instruments? RUN BILLY RUN!