DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Politics and more Politics    Destroying the Church of Global Warming
Page 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 207
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Destroying the Church of Global Warming
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Senator Inhofe (R-OK) is one of the few who provided us any detail. He attended the summit on his own for just a few hours, to give an "opposing view."

"They're going because it's the biggest party of the year," Sen. Inhofe said. "The worst thing that happened there is they ran out of caviar."

And all those attendees who went to the summit rather than hooking up by teleconference? They produced enough climate-stunting carbon dioxide to fill 10,000 Olympic swimming pools.

Which means even if Congress didn't get a global agreement - they left an indelible footprint all the same.

Congressional Trip Costs Taxpayers

Zell/Granny 2012

Send Your Thanks To the U.S.Military

Post a Message to our Soldiers

Of all the things I've lost,
I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Professional Fence Hanger / Spectator
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The average temperature in December 2009 was 30.2 F. This was -3.2 F cooler than the 1901-2000 (20th century) average, the 14th coolest December in 115 years. The temperature trend for the period of record (1895 to present) is 0.1 degrees Fahrenheit per decade.

http://lwf.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/cl...esearch/cag3/na.html

Posts: 2977 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Jeremy J.>
posted
The average November temperature of 46.5°F was 4.0°F above the 20th Century average and ranked as the 3rd warmest based on preliminary data.

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/...submitted=Get+Report

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
Whoda ever thunk it?
Somebody in Miami Florida dies of hypothermia?
Man-made global warming has finally reached it's zenith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11008 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
One of the climategate E-mail hoaxers got $500,000.00 of porkeria money!
FOR WHAT????????????????

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11008 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Nantucket Sound wind farm setback

BOSTON, Jan. 8 (UPI) -- A plan to build the United States' largest offshore wind farm in Nantucket Sound, Mass., has suffered another setback after nine years of environmental and political arguments.

Energy Management Inc.'s proposed Cape Wind $1 billion wind farm would cover 24 square miles -- an area roughly the size of Manhattan -- in the sound.

But the National Park Service Monday announced that the 560-square-mile Nantucket Sound is eligible for the National Register of Historic Places.

The decision follows a request from two American Indian tribes, the Mashpee Wampanoag of Cape Cod and the Aquinnah Wampanoag of Martha's Vineyard, who claim the proposed 130 turbines would stand in the way of their spiritual ritual of greeting the sunrise. They say it would also disturb ancestral burial grounds, now underwater.

The late U.S. Sen. Ted Kennedy, D-Mass., whose family compound overlooks Nantucket Sound, was among Cape Cod residents who argued that the turbines would adversely affect the area's tourism industry and spoil its natural beauty, the Independent reports. The turbines would be visible from the islands of Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard, both magnets for summer visitors.

Oil and coal magnate and Cape Cod property owner Bill Koch also opposes Cape Wind.

Nantucket Sound wind farm setback

Zell/Granny 2012

Send Your Thanks To the U.S.Military

Post a Message to our Soldiers

Of all the things I've lost,
I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Professional Fence Hanger / Spectator
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Koski:
Whoda ever thunk it?
Somebody in Miami Florida dies of hypothermia?
Man-made global warming has finally reached it's zenith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More of BS Billy's mental masturbations. Bill, your stupidity is showing, AGAIN.

Weather is not equal to climate. Just because there are extreme highs or extreme lows in temperature, in a given place or time, has little to do with climate change (Global Warming) in fact it is to be expected and is an indicator that climate changes are occurring.

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

"Put some jam on the bottom shelf where the little man can reach it."

"The Truth", it's just another liberal conspiracy!

Posts: 1236 | Location: Port Charlotte, Florida | Registered: December 16, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Weather is not equal to climate.

So, I guess temperature, humidity, rainfall and wind have nothing to do with climate??

LMAO

Did Bob say this????

Posts: 904 | Location: SE Texas Panhandle | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
NOT unless it helps the hoaxers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 82Blackbird:
quote:

So, I guess temperature, humidity, rainfall and wind have nothing to do with climate??

LMAO

Did Bob say this????

"Climate Change" or "global warming" you knucklehead. As in,the average weather,over long periods of time.

A specific set of observations for temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, rainfall, wind direction and speed, for a given place and at a specific time are called weather. We're talking about climate change, not weather change, numb nuts.

That's why it's so incredibly ignorant to talk about somebody dying of exposure in Miami, and trying to link it to climate change, simply because the "weather" is cold right now.

Now why don't you go find a dictionary and look up the definitions of both the words weather and climate. There is a difference and apparently you are ignorant of it.

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

Posts: 1236 | Location: Port Charlotte, Florida | Registered: December 16, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Jeremy J.>
posted
Larry, this has been brought up several times over 59 pages....... you're wasting your time.

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
All the blathering in the world doesn't change the fact that somebody died of HYPOTHERMIA IN MIAMI FLORIDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Koski:
All the blathering in the world doesn't change the fact that somebody died of HYPOTHERMIA IN MIAMI FLORIDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The point is Bill, a case of hypothermia in Miami or anywhere else for that matter, proves absolutely, nothing, with regard to climate change. All it really proves of course is that the weather was cold that day/night in Miami. One cold night, or even a half a dozen cold nights in Miami does not a case against Climate Change make. Cases of Hypothermia happen every year in Florida, and guess what they generally happen just about this time of year when cold fronts move through, go figure.

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:

You are quick to call names but who said this?

Say what you mean and mean what you say, the rest of us don't read minds......

Posts: 904 | Location: SE Texas Panhandle | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
OH, OH, now danny glover made a statement that is really stupid, "because the climate conference in Copenhagen was botched is the reason for the earthquake in Haiti", who did this, GOD?
Pat Robertson's statement had merit if one realizes that if the French still controlled Haiti it wouldn't be the cess pool for humanity it is now. All one has to do is look at the African nations that gained their independence from their European (oppressors?) and how soon they sank into poverty and tribal warfare!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 82Blackbird:
quote:

You are quick to call names but who said this?

Say what you mean and mean what you say, the rest of us don't read minds......

The statement, "weather is not equal to climate", in a thread about Global Warming indeed does not, nor should it, require mind reading. But it does require just a small bit of understanding of the meaning of the most basic words used to describe the subject. Once again you and some others apparently lack even this rudimentary understanding of these most basic words. Therefore it is little wonder the most basic concepts of climate change are totally lost on you, much less the host of subtleties and advanced concepts needed to fully understand the topic.

So, I did most specifically say what I meant, sorry, apparently you lack the understanding of the words I used, to be able to understand what I said with regard to the topic at hand.

I have explained what these words mean in the context of Global Warming or Climate Change, so from this point forward if you continue to misuse or claim ignorance of there meaning, we will all know that it is not simple ignorance, but willful ignorance, a less graceful term for willful ignorance is, stupidity.

So what is it going to be, an expansion of your personal lexicon with regard to Global Warming, or willful ignorance?

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
Bozo, apparently it would take a rocket scientist like you to determine climate if you didn't have any weather to base it on???????????????????
Talk about stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:

The statement, "weather is not equal to climate", in a thread about Global Warming indeed does not, nor should it, require mind reading. But it does require just a small bit of understanding of the meaning of the most basic words used to describe the subject. Once again you and some others apparently lack even this rudimentary understanding of these most basic words. Therefore it is little wonder the most basic concepts of climate change are totally lost on you, much less the host of subtleties and advanced concepts needed to fully understand the topic.

So, I did most specifically say what I meant, sorry, apparently you lack the understanding of the words I used, to be able to understand what I said with regard to the topic at hand.

I have explained what these words mean in the context of Global Warming or Climate Change, so from this point forward if you continue to misuse or claim ignorance of there meaning, we will all know that it is not simple ignorance, but willful ignorance, a less graceful term for willful ignorance is, stupidity.

So what is it going to be, an expansion of your personal lexicon with regard to Global Warming, or willful ignorance?

Wow Larry, using all those words for a personal attack. How much did all this drivel add to the discussion? Make you feel better?

"Weather is not equal to climate" is on the same level with "when your stopped, you ain't moving".

LMAO

Still sounds like Bob!

<Jeremy J.>
posted
Like I was saying.............

DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
quote:
One of the climategate E-mail hoaxers got $500,000.00 of porkeria money!
FOR WHAT????????????????

Not too mention the school he works for ALSO received $2 MILLION of pork to help them get a better (hack proof) email system so their Global Warming lies can't be proved.

Just a bunch of people on a band wagon that's going to cost US MILLIONS of $$$ for nothing that we can change.

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 961 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post