DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
First off, congrats to the new owner. Hopefully the track will be a NHRA or IHRA track with a racing program that is outlined well in advance of the season opener. It would be nice if the new owner has a drivers meeting after deciding how he wants to run the track (i.e., classes, costs, points, etc.). I sure hope that someday we go back to the way it was with sportsman, pro, and superpro.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Good points, Jim. I think the biggest thing anyone can do right now is not jump in the new owners face and try to push their idea of how the track or the race program should be run. The guy just dropped $460K with more money he knows he has to spend. Give him a minute to take it all in and enjoy the victory of his new purchase. Norm Fox runs a very successful business. I am pretty sure that he just did not jump into this blindly and has key people already in place. Give him the opportunity to unfold his plan for the future.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TH383
posted Hide Post
Good point Shawn.They have a lot to do before next year. Just putting a schedule together alone. Next season seems far away for us but the winter is going to fly by for the new owners I bet. I wish them all the luck.

Posts: 831 | Location: PA | Registered: November 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BILL BARR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
hey ron moore..you called me a piece of sh it on tv..channel 21 news..thanks buddy. Rolling

Yeah he did! Thats pretty funny!!

BILL BARR

Posts: 206 | Location: BUTLER PA | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
dew u thonk he is hiring? eye kneed a job!

Seriously, please advise at what juncture do the scandalous remarks related to Mr.Fox and his organizations,become permissible amongst this colloquium.
NJB's estimate is within the calendar year.

Posts: 83 | Location: Farmington | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by No Job Bob:

Seriously, please advise at what juncture do the scandalous remarks related to Mr.Fox and his organizations,become permissible amongst this colloquium.

U speacz dat der englaz gud fur a 2nd langwhich!! part tiem job paing off?

Posts: 150 | Location: Sittin at 660. | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of high-gear
posted Hide Post
Hey Prest!! I questioned Ron about that 'comment' He said NOOOOO, he said he was telling someone he hasn't raced there much since that P.O.S Swindle took over. ALSO said if he was calling you that, YOU would know it!! LOL LOL.. He wuvs you Bill!!

Posts: 293 | Location: PA | Registered: May 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
all good!its funny,you got to watch the video,i laugh everytime i watch it..

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of high-gear
posted Hide Post
Are you kidding?!?! Watch it?? I have it saved to his favorites!! Your right, funny as heck!!

Posts: 293 | Location: PA | Registered: May 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Let the good times roll!
I am happy for the new ownership and hope things can get back to the way the used to be and know it won't happen over night but will support their attempt at it and see what happens.I believe attendance has already gone up.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted October 20, 2010 09:28 AM Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by No Job Bob:

U speacz dat der englaz gud fur a 2nd langwhich!! part tiem job paing off?

ackualley eye aint gots know part tiem job, no job at awl. eyes right like dat sumtimes when eyes axcited!

Posts: 83 | Location: Farmington | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
What's the deal with the garage space rental at QC?

Posts: 20 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: August 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of fast frank
posted Hide Post
Hats off to Geof Eberly(hope I spelled right) for bidding on the track. He did not win auction but he did more then sit back to see what happened like the rest of us. Good luck to Norm Fox with his new endeavor! Hope to see everyone in the spring

Posts: 728 | Location: pa. | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of mr. yuk
posted Hide Post
first off CONGRADS!!!! to mr. fox and his family, it was a victory in more ways then one. to purchase the track in these difficult times is outstanding. i also agree with many of you to let him do whats best for HIS track. not to let a few make suggestions without the best intrest of all the other racers. certainly ihra or nhra are welcome ideas, espicially the way they run there programs. i think the future of qcr is very bright. i agree strongly with bob bastian about putting the past behind all of us. so lets support mr. fox now by giving the breathing room he needs. again "CONGRADS TO THE FOX FAMILY"

Posts: 189 | Location: niles,ohio | Registered: January 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I like the name change of this topic!!! Maybe this will be on the front of the 2011 Schedule!!

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
The new name is Quaker City Motorsports Park. Car

Posts: 412 | Location: Clinton Pa. | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Sounds good and hope things keep going that way.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of XX78 Altered
posted Hide Post
I look forward to coming to Quaker for the 2011 season. If Mr. Fox is reading these commments, my only advice might be to poll a few of the past class and track champions for their thoughts on the program. I have alot of respect for the champion names on the bleacher signs.

Posts: 715 | Location: canton, ohio usa | Registered: September 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
eye like dis...eye thonk dis guy gots job.." don'ts be two shore bout da new biginning!

Overtaxed_Voter (13 comments) posted 7 hours, 54 minutes ago

I wonder if the $460,000 bid will actually be anywhere near enough to cover the balance of the current mortgage on the property?

Remember, it was Swindell who, back in 2006, claimed to have $3 million in the property .

How much of that was financed and how much was cash from Dan's pocket?

It is fine and dandy to have an 'absolute auction' where "This property sells without reservation to the highest bidder", but unless you clear up the encumbrances on the property, you can't pass deed and title.

Wasn't this the big glitch that came up when Mark M***ant had supposedly purchased the facility from Dan back in 2007?

http://www4.vindy.com/content/.../327955416110377.php

Don't forget, the auction's "Terms on Real Estate" stated "15% down day of sale" with " balance due upon delivery of deed and title guarantee."

According to the Mahoning County court website, there is a little matter of a HUGE Certificate of Judgment that Sky Bank (the folks who called Dan's note in the Fall of 2006, forcing the first QCR auction attempt) have against Daniel and Patricia Swindell http://courts.mahoningcountyoh....o_case_sum?47219071
which might throw a big monkey wrench in the ability of property title to pass to Mr. Fox.

In addition, there is still also an active civil case in Mahoning County involving Ecks Racing Inc suit against Quaker City Raceway Inc. et al over the contract between the two parties a few years ago to sell the track http://courts.mahoningcountyoh....o_case_sum?23310227

The devil is in the detail, and this transaction still seems to have some large "details" to still be resolved.

Suggest removal:!
Username:
Password:

Forgotten your password?
Your e-mail:

NewsYoungstown 2010Digital EditionLocal & RegionalNational & WorldBusiness & TechPR NewswireSocietyEducationFoodHealth & HomeOutdoorReligionTravelWeatherJim TraficantOakhillChevy Cruze LaunchOpinionOpinionHow We See ItLettersBertram de SouzaDavid SkolnickStirfryLouie FreeVoting GuideYears AgoTodd FrankoSports NewsLocal & RegionalBlitz High School FootballYSU SportsPhantomsNational Sports CoverageKelly Pavlik CoverageGreatest Golfer TournamentOutdoor NewsEntertainment NewsEntertainment NewsValley24Vindy DatelineDining GuideMovie ListingsRestaurant SearchMarketplaceAdvertiseThese Hundred YearsBridal PlannerAsk the ExpertFood tipsPhoto StoreClassifiedsPlace AdBrowse ClassifiedsvindyJOBSvindywheelsVindy HomesRecordsDeathsTributes/ObituariesBirthsBirthdaysEngagementsMarriagesAnniversariesOnline ArchiveDiscussionsTalk of the ValleyLocal SportsPoliticsOutdoorsStory DiscussionsFeedbackCommunityLibrary ChannelNewspapers in EducationKidscoopEventsSubmit an EventSearch Registered UsersSubmission FormsAnniversaryEngagementWeddingReligionBirthdayClub NewsFood SalesOut of town birthsReunionsWorth a lookNeighborsAustintown NewsBoardman NewsCanfield NewsPoland News
Home • Terms of Use • Privacy Statement • Advertise • Contact
© 2010 Vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.
107 Vindicator Square. Youngstown, OH 44503
Phone Main: 330.747.1471 • Interactive Advertising: 330.740.2955 • Classified Advertising: 330.746.6565

Sponsored Links: Vindywheels.comVindyJobsVindyHomes.comPittsburgh International Airport

This message has been edited. Last edited by: No Job Bob,