DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I am no expert, but you have to remember at the finish line the track starts to go up..water runs downhill. So you have the run off from the upper end combined with rock below in a clay. Yes, drainage can help, but you have multiple factors working against you. My dad did try multiple types of drainage including digging a trough. Even on days when the sun was out, the trough was full from the water being pulled up from under the surface.

Can't say that in the past X years something better couldn't have been invented, but even with a great system, its an uphill battle.

Wishing everyone the best and a great season,

Clint Daley

Posts: 118 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: April 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
NICE TO SEE YOUR STILL INTERESTED GOOD TO HERE FROM YOU

HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH THE FAMILY

Posts: 11 | Location: ohio | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I read the forum almost every day. I lost the passion and enjoyment the sport brought after dad's accident, but the friends I made keep me interested. Moving so far away has put me out of the circle at Quaker and the racetrack I live 5 minutes from for the past 4 years...never been there.

Have a good one,

Clint

Posts: 118 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: April 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Im a liscenced pyro (scary aint it) ... lets blow some sheat up!! What the heck... Youngstown already had an earthquake this year!! We can move some rock!!
Clint good to hear from ya!!

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
QCMP under construction.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Posts: 412 | Location: Clinton Pa. | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post

Posts: 412 | Location: Clinton Pa. | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Hey everyone, this is last minute but Soundbite is playing at the Grist Mill in Austintown tonight (Saturday) from 9-12 thanks

Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
The crew getting the Quake ready.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/38/lll072.jpg/] [/URL]

DRR Sportsman
Picture of fast frank
posted Hide Post
Is the new blacktop down already?

Posts: 728 | Location: pa. | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ex-FairmontRacer351
posted Hide Post
Yea ElWayneo "Master of The Mop" give us details......

Posts: 817 | Location: Bainbridge, Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
I was at the track today and no blacktop yet. The crew needs 3 dry days to lay it down.. Looks like it will get done quick!

Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
Frank & Andy, as King Louie said no blacktop yet. They said they were waiting for warmer weather to lay it... Praying

DRR S/Pro
Picture of XPS fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fast frank:
Is the new blacktop down already?

You drove right by.......and didn't look?

Wave

NHRA Pro Stock..........now on a no CARB diet.

Posts: 2764 | Location: ohio | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of fast frank
posted Hide Post
Tony and Nick would not stop, they were hungry. Me and the dog outvoted!

Posts: 728 | Location: pa. | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
Now that they have ground 4" off the surface, what is being done to address the drainage issue?

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Keith, get that pipe rack loaded up and lets go south!

Posts: 27 | Location: Pa | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
What the hell is the deal? Now that there is work being done and a new track going in you people don't got nothing to ***** about or gossip like old women at a church dinner?

Who's ready to go? Who is already went? Who is racing what class? Who is parking where?

Posts: 150 | Location: Sittin at 660. | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
Somebody let an owl in here? WHOoo, WHOOoo WHOoo

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post