DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bowtiebobby
posted Hide Post
Well, well, well.....Once again the rabbit causes problems. I cannot believe that you guys honestly did not believe this would happen again. I knew that it was only a matter of time before all the good things that were being said about this track would be replaced with some incident that causes drama and usually results in the racers getting screwed again. This time it was not just one or two racers, it was many. At least the rabbit wasn't involved in the mass screwing, this time. Dan helped too. Eyes Maybe someone should post on the sign out front, "DAN and Rabbit please bring back our Money - signed your former customers"

As long as you "dedicated" racers continue to race there, this will continue to happen. He is feeding off your "loyalty" to the track while he steals from you anyway he can. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. Shame on all you guys that believed this skunk changed its stripes.

By the way, what are all you points racers racing for again.....especially since AHRA Bracket finals are no longer, and you no box guys are running for a single gold card between the classes.

So, how do all those tracks like Magnolia, Thompson, Steel-Valley, National Trail, Milan, Pacemakers, etc. look now. Well, its raining here so I will need to take a rain check on the rest of my post, but unlike you guys, mine is good for whenever I feel like posting again.

QCR SUCKS. I rule

Posts: 106 | Location: Sitting in the Luxury Box on the Opposite Side of the Track | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Tomaskoracing
posted Hide Post
The show cars get paid if they run or not, it is a contract to get paid run or not run, That is why I am sure it was a hard decision for the track to make!!!!! I still would like to buy it!!!!!!! Car

Posts: 197 | Location: Race Track | Registered: February 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mike,
Back on August 10th, Rick posted in the Bottom Bulb thread that he and Jeff had hired Tim Garman to run the staging lanes and handle anything and everything with the track prep. Tim ran the line at Norwalk and is very knowledgable in track prep and well thought of. So I think all you guys will be good as far as traction and running a tight program. Good luck to you all.

Dan

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of XX78 Altered
posted Hide Post
That's what I thought about the show cars, paid whether you run or not. Couple that with the low spectator and racer car count the track was going to lose a bunch paying the show and also refunding the spectator $. Not fair with rainchecks as spectator season is over with Quaker's schedule. I still don't understand the purse not being split. But I'm sure track thinks heh, make the racers return on the 28th and they will probably also enter the regular bracket race that day as well.

Good luck to the 12 left in SP (Laz are you listening). Maybe see you guys at 10K Norwalk or some Sunday at Magnolia.

Posts: 715 | Location: canton, ohio usa | Registered: September 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of LAZ Racing
posted Hide Post
quote:
Good luck to the 12 left in SP (Laz are you listening). Maybe see you guys at 10K Norwalk or some Sunday at Magnolia.

Yep I am listening.......see you at the $10Ks

LAZ Racing
3720 S/C Q/R

Posts: 342 | Location: Ohio | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Tomaskoracing
posted Hide Post
In life you cannot please everyone, I see what they were trying to do. Give spectators 2 free entrance fees that is $20.00 dollars for the price of the $15.00 show, so you get $5.00 extra dollars. A good thought but most people do not just watch bracket racing only, so I understand. Maybe thay need a Q16 in the mix 8 door cars vs 8 dragsters might help + funny car shoot out. Hum

Posts: 197 | Location: Race Track | Registered: February 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andamo:
Mike,
Back on August 10th, Rick posted in the Bottom Bulb thread that he and Jeff had hired Tim Garman to run the staging lanes and handle anything and everything with the track prep. Tim ran the line at Norwalk and is very knowledgable in track prep and well thought of. So I think all you guys will be good as far as traction and running a tight program. Good luck to you all.

Dan

Thanks Dan, thats the answer I was looking for.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tomaskoracing:
In life you cannot please everyone, I see what they were trying to do. Give spectators 2 free entrance fees that is $20.00 dollars for the price of the $15.00 show, so you get $5.00 extra dollars. A good thought but most people do not just watch bracket racing only, so I understand. Maybe thay need a Q16 in the mix 8 door cars vs 8 dragsters might help + funny car shoot out. Hum

Not a chance. They know that 80% of those on the spectator side will NOT return for the year. The other 20% they loose nothing on by giving them an extra $5 credit. As for the racers, they knew that there were a lot of non-local racers. They know that guys committed to other tracks will go there and the others will travel off and not return. If there are 13 or whatever left in super pro, they will be lucky to get 8-10 returning. Those people will not get paid their round money that was due to them either. People even asked to take the 4th round loss on Saturday night and collect the round money. The answer was nope, to bad.

You do the math on how much was made knowing people would not be coming back. Management made a decision the reduced their cost at the expense of their bread and butter. Nothing liking robbing out of your racer's pockets to cover your own ass so you don't have to cut into your profits.

The other thing I just don't understand is the people that stop me on the way out, that call or text to complain about how bad the track is, how bad they got screwed Saturday night and how terrible they feel they got treated that don't step up to say anything. I can't believe the number of people that are afraid to speak up or post up in fear of getting kicked out. Hey, I understand. If you all want to kiss ass on Wednesday or Thursday to go back and get kicked in the **** on Saturday, that's cool.

Dan...since you and the crew pow-wow to read this forum, just to let you know, save the envelope, paper and postage. We can save you some money and help the environment!!

SP... going green!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Shawn Pinkerton,

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
mikey,its better then your used to.

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
so glad i didnt go..so glad..but then again i wouldnt be in this situation cause i suck!!and whoever was working the dialins,"your stupid"..how does this 1 look like 7..stupid..

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Tomaskoracing
posted Hide Post
we ran one weekend and had problems in the jr and did not get a time trail, the time trails were done so fast that the ladder was set, so we got a break pass, two weeks later it happened to another car and they got a time trail after the ladder was set. There are some inconsistances, whether it is new workers not knowing or some other reaons. What I did like when Ken was announcing, he would read the rules before time trails so that everyone was on the same page, now the ladder has changed back in fourth through out the year and I would like to see it stay the same for the whole year not changing week to week but that depends on who sets it up on the computer.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tomaskoracing,

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bowtiebobby
posted Hide Post
come on guys, if there is one thing that is consistant about this track is that nothing is consistant. Whether its the way the order is run during a friday night or saturday, or whether its the fact that classes are called to the lanes and then test and tunes or Jrs. are then run prior to that class starting eliminations. Does anyone really wonder why the car count stinks, really! I'm stupid People are either not racing or at least not racing there, and others just refuse to help pay for bucky's braces.

Not sure how some of you posters can really state that there must have been a good reason to force racers to return on the 28th. Are you only saying that because you do not have the balls to state the obvious. Y'all know some will not return. Boy I hope someone has the total number of racers for payout reasons, my guess is if you do not, then y'all will get F@#ked again....However, I am sure if you let him get you again, he will probably kiss you this time..... Rolling

Posts: 106 | Location: Sitting in the Luxury Box on the Opposite Side of the Track | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hey guys, not sure of the situation from this past weekend, so I cannot comment on that. However, I can comment about the event Jeff and I are about to bring to town in less than a week...As previously mentioned "Top Gun" Timmy Garman has been given the reigns to be OUR field general for ANY and ALL decisions needing to be made in the head of staging and track preparation. If it needs scraped, we will be on the grounds Wednesday afternoon, if she needs a little grooming and some spray throughout the weekend...we WILL NOT spare any expense. Period!

In regards to racing operations at the Bottom Bulb Extravaganza...any and ALL decisions pertaining to the normal operations throughout the weekend will be made by Jeff Stewart and myself. We WILL run all races to their conclusions, payout all posted money, and we will ensure that this race is run without a hitch. You can count on that!!

Come on out and join us...we have $44,000 in cash on the line along with $15,000+ in prizes and awards. Don’t miss this one guys...it will be an incredible display of Bottom Bulb action, I GUARANTEE it!

Posts: 776 | Location: In a winners circle near you. | Registered: November 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
I have been dying to ask this question so here it goes.

What is the rule on sliding/and or smoke at the finish line? You know this is going to come up!

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Obviously it is a frowned upon use of your braking equiptment...However, it is a part of what we do from time to time as bracket racers. Jeff and I ask that each individual racer use common sense and control when using the left pedal.

With that being said, track SAFETY rules usually trump those of the promotors and for good reason. Tire smoke would not warrant an immediate disqualification in my opinion. However, continuous excessive braking practices would have to. Lets race hard....but lets race safe as well!

Posts: 776 | Location: In a winners circle near you. | Registered: November 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bowtiebobby
posted Hide Post
With this guy running the staging and starting line, someone should offer management a seat to see how a track is supposed to be run. My guess is this, after last weekend's problems, this will probably be the last time there are alot of cars at this place. Good luck to Slick and Jeff, hope this guy has not affected the turnout at your race. I may even come by to watch, then again, they may not let me through the gate.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of XX78 Altered
posted Hide Post
Lost Rd. 2 so don't have to come back. Didn't have any spectators so don't have that issue either. My only personal complaint is why does the head of staging allow drivers to keep refilling the lanes 13-14 after they are empty. During 2nd SP time trial lanes 13-14 were full. So a few of us filled 11-12. Lanes 13-14 were almost empty, we all suited up & belted in, then drivers just kept coming down 13-14 and head of staging just let them keep going to TT. I was 3rd one back in lane 12, kept throwing up my hands didn't matter. We must have sat through 7-10 cars that arrived late and just kept coming down lane 14. Went back afterwards to ask why, he was told to keep emptying lanes 13-14. Guy had no authority/no clue at all during time trials. Quaker should switch tech guy to head of staging.

Posts: 715 | Location: canton, ohio usa | Registered: September 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
First off I wish nothing but good luck for Rick & Jeff!! (keep your eyes open)

Now back to the action. Just happen to look at the bottom of my QCR run card. It clearly states that ONE FULL ROUND OF ANY CLASS CONSTITUTES A COMPLETE EVENT.

My point is 3rd round was done, in aleast two clases!

Posts: 212 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 5X84olds
posted Hide Post
We are one of the 13 left and have to return on the 28th. We had been to Quaker the last 2 of 3 weekends and really liked the place until Sat. You go to the office to get an explanation on why they cant split. She said "it was the owners decision to make that call". Asked to see him, she said "He is busy". Well consider us a 4th rnd. loser and pay us what we should get.Thats when the policeman stepped in and said "If you dont return you forfeit all money". We said "what do you know about this?" He said "its time for you to leave." As he escourted us out. Now we will be back the 28th to finish this race. I just hope they dont expect us to buy a tech card for the race that is scheduled for that day. Because when this race is over we are not coming back. Its sad that they dont care. Here alone could of been 4 new cars every week! Have a great day! Banging Head

Mike Alfman, Jodi Alfman, Cori Alfman, and Josh Gnandt

Posts: 28 | Location: Uniontown, Ohio | Registered: September 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Corvette5X24
posted Hide Post
Such a shame the way that place is run...such a nice facility.

Richard Thayer

Thayer Racing

Posts: 122 | Location: Painesville, Ohio | Registered: June 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post