DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by no job bob2:
quote:
Originally posted by Shawn Pinkerton:
quote:
Originally posted by no job bob2:
Does this mean I am NJB can't come to the working mans race? Frown

Maybe we can get together with the metal detector and find some burried money or check between the seats at car lots for change and buy one of these:

You could be CEOB

I like the idear!! I seem to recall sumone..was going to buy the track and put one of fancy dining centers at the end of the raceway..now theres a good idear!

red lobster?

Posts: 150 | Location: Sittin at 660. | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Wow i see that are LEADERS now have decided to run on SUNDAYS now...What about all summer long you guys didnt care to race on SUNDAYS or make up POINTS days on SUNDAY so why do you think it going to work in one WEEK??? You guys got the wrong KID with NO racin and PROMOTING SKILLS..running the show!!!!

Posts: 8 | Location: sittin @ 1320 | Registered: September 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I believe Sundays have been on the schedule after labor day since the beginning of the year.

Posts: 13 | Location: boardman, oh | Registered: August 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Who's up for a Q16 on the 28th. No other big races on that day. All you door war guys can come and give it a shot. Keep an eye on the web site. Will check with the Sponsers to see if they want to have one in place of the rain out.

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of COOK E
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CulpK348:
From Quaker City Motorsports Park

Attention attention! Scotty Richardson driving school is coming to Quaker city September 6th! As of now we are short on the required amount of people to hold the class (need 5 more racers). We need a minimum of 15 people to commit before the class is held! Please contact either the track or Scotty Richardson to commit to the school by Monday the 2nd.
that was pretty dam good class. Glad I was able to attend. And you are pretty dam good footbraker. Proved my point that a good footbraker who sets his combo up right can compete with anyone with a transbrake.

Posts: 104 | Location: PAINESVILLE OH | Registered: June 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Thank you Cook E. I really liked the class. I would suggest it is good for anyone.

Will you be at the Bracket Finals in Pittsburgh? Good to see the participation that we had.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of fast frank
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed it, If he comes back my wife wants to do it! help censored

Posts: 728 | Location: pa. | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of COOK E
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thank you Cook E. I really liked the class. I would suggest it is good for anyone.

Will you be at the Bracket Finals in Pittsburgh? Good to see the participation that we had.

Most likely no. My car is now where near being ready. 50% at best on The chassis rebuild. Most of my friends ran the Renegade series. You And your pal should come try that out. They are even doing a 11.50 class this weekend that will be in for a series next year from what I had.

Posts: 104 | Location: PAINESVILLE OH | Registered: June 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
I thought I can not run renegade because I have stickers on the side of the car. Is that right?

I am interested in the 11.50 class but I would have to peel a ton of stickers and my sponsors probably would not be happy with that.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by COOK E:
quote:

Attention attention! Scotty Richardson driving school is coming to Quaker city September 6th! As of now we are short on the required amount of people to hold the class (need 5 more racers). We need a minimum of 15 people to commit before the class is held! Please contact either the track or Scotty Richardson to commit to the school by Monday the 2nd.
that was pretty dam good class. Glad I was able to attend. And you are pretty dam good footbraker. Proved my point that a good footbraker who sets his combo up right can compete with anyone with a transbrake.

I didn't realize you were there , I would have liked to have talked to you. My wife was running her dragster, all my junk is busted right now. Thanks David

Posts: 36 | Location: pgh pa | Registered: January 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of COOK E
posted Hide Post
quote:
I thought I can not run renegade because I have stickers on the side of the car. Is that right?

I am interested in the 11.50 class but I would have to peel a ton of stickers and my sponsors probably would not be happy with that.
there is always a one race waiver for new racers on cosmetic issues. Have heard this a lot and what I have seen is guys are hooked and come back with no stickers or cover them up for those RRA events with like painted contact paper or something. Come on out and give it a try b

DRR Trophy
Picture of COOK E
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D N J R:
quote:
Originally posted by COOK E:
quote:

I didn't realize you were there , I would have liked to have talked to you. My wife was running her dragster, all my junk is busted right now. Thanks David
that was a bad ass dragster. What's the combo? Was very spur of the moment thing heading down there and glad I did. Next time I hope to have my car together.... Would definitely recommend that class to any one. Was good to see some old veterans of the game there.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Dale Greenawald
posted Hide Post
Congrats to my buddy Mike Kopko for going to Pittsburgh and making it to the final Saturday. That's a good way to warm up for the bracket finals.

Also congrats to the madman (crew chief) for turning the wrenches to get his driver to the final. The car ran at least 5 8.65 in a row.

Good luck to everyone at the bracket finals for a fun and safe race.

ICS RACING ENGINES

Posts: 82 | Location: Burgettstown,Pa. | Registered: March 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of DILLIGAF
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to state, even though we won't see the Eagle representing QC as the track champion at the bracket finals,I will still view him as the track champ. What a shame with all that went down with ALL parties involved. No offense to the default track champion

quote:
Originally posted by TH383:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by doorman:
ok i heard both racers are suspended but one points have been settled for weeks now and we can all argue about who right or wrong but there still one issue not resolved !!! i personally know the how much cost and dedication it takes to win a championship the points are over and PREST should still be able to run the race of champions at PRP he earned this on the track and deserves to run the race!!!!!!!!
quote:
it really is a shame the tack operators let it come to this and have yet to fix the problem. but you guys as racers should run these clowns out yourselves what do you have to lose that place is doomed either way as long as they are still aloud to race there i know myself i will never go back with that class of racers there!!!! i heard he is on probation maybe a good time to torment him RIGHT

I'm on the fence with keeping his track points but ultimately it is the decision of the track if they will recognize him as the class champion. As the way the rule is written, it is very general and clearly left open to the track to decide what the consequences of violating the rule are:

25. Unsportsmanlike conduct, whether verbal or physical, will not be tolerated and appropriate action will be taken.

As for the SSS run off, I believe there was an issue caught and enforced by IHRA from how the story goes. Maybe you can confirm this with Billy, but the word at the track was Bill did not purchase his X number as required to start the season and he lost points earned up to the date of the actual purchase based on the findings of IHRA. The number of points lost brought him back to tied with 2nd place for the SSS run off. The person who won the most rounds on the final day was the SSS representative.

Shawn this happened to the mod champ at trp last year. He lost points for the weeks he did not have his x number and the number 2 guy got the sss. I always enjoy my times at the quake and hope what ever happened gets work out for everyone involved.

Posts: 7 | Location: BURGH | Registered: September 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
THANK YOU! crying

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks greena. The kid just will not listen to any advise i give him. He's a good racer but a rock head. Some imput from you on the proper temp in a alky motor is what made it consistant. While i'am on here, i will be calling sponser's and past racers to set up a Q16 for the 28th. I will post as quick as i can with in a day or two if it's a go. just a reminder there is a Q16 at the pumpkin race.

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by quartermilemadnessman:
Thanks greena. The kid just will not listen to any advise i give him. He's a good racer but a rock head. Some imput from you on the proper temp in a alky motor is what made it consistant. While i'am on here, i will be calling sponser's and past racers to set up a Q16 for the 28th. I will post as quick as i can with in a day or two if it's a go. just a reminder there is a Q16 at the pumpkin race.

Hey George, if you need me to enter, just let me know. Rolling

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

DRR Sportsman
Picture of fast frank
posted Hide Post
Just a good word to the QCMP staff, ran a good program this past sat. And crew worked their butts off to get track back in shape after the oil down. not worthy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fast frank,

Posts: 728 | Location: pa. | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
that must been a oil rig that let loose out there. was he on the team finals list?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: qcmpobsrvr,

Posts: 150 | Location: Sittin at 660. | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just wanted to state, even though we won't see the Eagle representing QC as the track champion at the bracket finals,I will still view him as the track champ. What a shame with all that went down with ALL parties involved. No offense to the default track champion

quote:
Originally posted by TH383:

quote:

quote:
ok i heard both racers are suspended but one points have been settled for weeks now and we can all argue about who right or wrong but there still one issue not resolved !!! i personally know the how much cost and dedication it takes to win a championship the points are over and PREST should still be able to run the race of champions at PRP he earned this on the track and deserves to run the race!!!!!!!!
quote:
it really is a shame the tack operators let it come to this and have yet to fix the problem. but you guys as racers should run these clowns out yourselves what do you have to lose that place is doomed either way as long as they are still aloud to race there i know myself i will never go back with that class of racers there!!!! i heard he is on probation maybe a good time to torment him RIGHT

I'm on the fence with keeping his track points but ultimately it is the decision of the track if they will recognize him as the class champion. As the way the rule is written, it is very general and clearly left open to the track to decide what the consequences of violating the rule are:

25. Unsportsmanlike conduct, whether verbal or physical, will not be tolerated and appropriate action will be taken.

As for the SSS run off, I believe there was an issue caught and enforced by IHRA from how the story goes. Maybe you can confirm this with Billy, but the word at the track was Bill did not purchase his X number as required to start the season and he lost points earned up to the date of the actual purchase based on the findings of IHRA. The number of points lost brought him back to tied with 2nd place for the SSS run off. The person who won the most rounds on the final day was the SSS representative.

Shawn this happened to the mod champ at trp last year. He lost points for the weeks he did not have his x number and the number 2 guy got the sss. I always enjoy my times at the quake and hope what ever happened gets work out for everyone involved.
quote:

What a shame that the track never took responsiblity for thier role in this for letting it get to the point that it did knowing there was an issue brewing all year. These types of things happen at tracks every year at the end of the points season and owners/officials should address it before something like this happens. As I understand it there was no issue with the track champion points, only SSS. A shame that QCMP did not support thier track champion and Prest paid the price for that. I don't agree with thier decision. In my opinion all they did was make a bad situation worse. If they took his money for points and there were no license issues then he is the Track Champion in my opinion. Bad call QCMP.

Posts: 3 | Location: Ohio | Registered: February 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post