DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TH383
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shawn Pinkerton:
quote:
Originally posted by doorman:
ok i heard both racers are suspended but one points have been settled for weeks now and we can all argue about who right or wrong but there still one issue not resolved !!! i personally know the how much cost and dedication it takes to win a championship the points are over and PREST should still be able to run the race of champions at PRP he earned this on the track and deserves to run the race!!!!!!!!
quote:
it really is a shame the tack operators let it come to this and have yet to fix the problem. but you guys as racers should run these clowns out yourselves what do you have to lose that place is doomed either way as long as they are still aloud to race there i know myself i will never go back with that class of racers there!!!! i heard he is on probation maybe a good time to torment him RIGHT

I'm on the fence with keeping his track points but ultimately it is the decision of the track if they will recognize him as the class champion. As the way the rule is written, it is very general and clearly left open to the track to decide what the consequences of violating the rule are:

25. Unsportsmanlike conduct, whether verbal or physical, will not be tolerated and appropriate action will be taken.

As for the SSS run off, I believe there was an issue caught and enforced by IHRA from how the story goes. Maybe you can confirm this with Billy, but the word at the track was Bill did not purchase his X number as required to start the season and he lost points earned up to the date of the actual purchase based on the findings of IHRA. The number of points lost brought him back to tied with 2nd place for the SSS run off. The person who won the most rounds on the final day was the SSS representative.

Shawn this happened to the mod champ at trp last year. He lost points for the weeks he did not have his x number and the number 2 guy got the sss. I always enjoy my times at the quake and hope what ever happened gets work out for everyone involved.

Posts: 831 | Location: PA | Registered: November 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
X2 what Lou said....

My point total just looks like most the season was taken away from me.....LOL...I suck!

Hope it works out to be fair for all involved. I know Bill pretty well, he's a good dude that has made a mistake. I am sure all of us have done that in the past and regretted our decision. I am sure that Mark never thought it would go that far, we have all done that as well. Really, its not up to us to debate on this forum but rather its up to the track to deal with this issue and the two individuals involved. Man, I am glad I am not in anyone of their shoes.

Louie, looking forward to some rocking country at the division 3 Bracket Finals. Now thats my kinda party....LOL.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Ok guys, I see that AJ was OK with advertising the tracks race this Saturday on the Magnolia topic here on DRR. I guess that means he is good with Magnolia's race being advertised here.

Downtown Ford Labor Day Weekend.

Sunday- Regular Points Program

Monday- $2,000 to win in Box and $2,000 to win in Box.

$40 Entry
$25 Buy Back

Gates open all night Sunday with camping, fire and food. Entries available starting 8:00am on Monday morning and time run at 10:00am.

Check out the flyer for more info:
DOWNTOWN FORD LABOR DAY RACE

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I'll go first, SP. Big Grin Oops, interrupted, and treed

Some of you no box guys especially may be interested, PRP has their regular raceday schedule this Saturday. Street is paying $500 to win, and Modified is paying $1000 to win.

Saturday, August 31 - regular racing all classes, points day #14 in the PRP/Summit SuperSeries. Gates open at 11am, Teen Championship Racing at noon, followed by junior dragsters. Big car time trials start at 3pm

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
i understand that he will not win the sss points but i read somewhere that the points leader at the track would be the person who represented the track in the run off and if that is how it was stated at the beginning of the year prest should be able to run it weather or not who wins the sss besides your track honors NHRA licence and his was current so all local points should count i understand his suspension from the track but there is NO reason he shouldn,t be in the runoff at PRP
quote:
Originally posted by TH383:
quote:
quote:
ok i heard both racers are suspended but one points have been settled for weeks now and we can all argue about who right or wrong but there still one issue not resolved !!! i personally know the how much cost and dedication it takes to win a championship the points are over and PREST should still be able to run the race of champions at PRP he earned this on the track and deserves to run the race!!!!!!!!
quote:
it really is a shame the tack operators let it come to this and have yet to fix the problem. but you guys as racers should run these clowns out yourselves what do you have to lose that place is doomed either way as long as they are still aloud to race there i know myself i will never go back with that class of racers there!!!! i heard he is on probation maybe a good time to torment him RIGHT

I'm on the fence with keeping his track points but ultimately it is the decision of the track if they will recognize him as the class champion. As the way the rule is written, it is very general and clearly left open to the track to decide what the consequences of violating the rule are:

25. Unsportsmanlike conduct, whether verbal or physical, will not be tolerated and appropriate action will be taken.

As for the SSS run off, I believe there was an issue caught and enforced by IHRA from how the story goes. Maybe you can confirm this with Billy, but the word at the track was Bill did not purchase his X number as required to start the season and he lost points earned up to the date of the actual purchase based on the findings of IHRA. The number of points lost brought him back to tied with 2nd place for the SSS run off. The person who won the most rounds on the final day was the SSS representative.

Shawn this happened to the mod champ at trp last year. He lost points for the weeks he did not have his x number and the number 2 guy got the sss. I always enjoy my times at the quake and hope what ever happened gets work out for everyone involved.

Posts: 191 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
i understand that he will not win the sss points but i read somewhere that the points leader at the track would be the person who represented the track in the run off and if that is how it was stated at the beginning of the year prest should be able to run it weather or not who wins the sss besides your track honors NHRA licence and his was current so all local points should count i understand his suspension from the track but there is NO reason he shouldn,t be in the runoff at PRP

His eligibility for points for the SSS required him to pay for his "X"Number/Membership/License to earn points into the SSS program at the begining of the year. Bill supposedly did not and made this purchase to be eligible for the SSS program during the season at some point. Track points and SSS points are 2 seperate programs. If the track points leader did not sign up for SSS then that person would be track champ but not the SSS representative. I believe the SSS is based on 30 rounds or the highest round wins of eligible points memebers. Again, eligible would be once you had your IHRA membership/X number/License. His NHRA license has nothing to do with an IHRA program.

Straight from the IHRA Website.

Step #3
* Race at your local IHRA track while running your Summit SuperSeries X number. Your Summit SuperSeries eligibility does not begin until you register with IHRA AND run the X number as your car number at your home track. Your X number must show up on your home track points page all year long. Failure to run the X number on your car or failure of your number appearing on your home tracks point page will make you ineligible for the Summit SuperSeries even if you have a registered X number on file with IHRA

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Shawn Pinkerton,

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TH383
posted Hide Post
doorman I agree with you. I haven't ran points since 2008 and all this x number chit confuses me. They still let the guy be mod champ for track but not sss. Confused

Posts: 831 | Location: PA | Registered: November 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Tom, maybe the easiest way to explain it is, even if you paid your track to join points, no rounds count for SSS until you pay IHRA for your X number.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
lmao chuck.....why didn't u guys jus say that from the beginning instead of making us readlol all this ****.....

Posts: 5 | Location: Dragway of Magnolia | Registered: June 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Laughing Dave

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aj@QCMP:
Alright everyone, we will be releasing a statement on last weekend's incident once we've finished talking with witness'. For now I'm trying to get the word out about this coming weekend.

Saturday August 31, 2013:

The Working Man's Race! New to Quaker, were hoping it's a hit!

It is a Box/No-Box race that will be kept separated(no run-off and totally separate purses)! $25 entry. $15 buy backs. $5 spectators.

GUARANTEED PAYOUT of $500 win, $200 R/U, $75 Semi's, and $10 round money for EACH class!!

If a class has 80 or more cars payout will be raised!

There will also be $20 test and tune!

Gates open at 11am with time trials starting at 1pm. We're paying it back to all of our racers, and we hope you come out and enjoy the weekend with us!

Does this mean I am NJB can't come to the working mans race? Frown

Posts: 9 | Location: pa | Registered: February 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by no job bob2:
quote:
Originally posted by Aj@QCMP:
Alright everyone, we will be releasing a statement on last weekend's incident once we've finished talking with witness'. For now I'm trying to get the word out about this coming weekend.

Saturday August 31, 2013:

The Working Man's Race! New to Quaker, were hoping it's a hit!

It is a Box/No-Box race that will be kept separated(no run-off and totally separate purses)! $25 entry. $15 buy backs. $5 spectators.

GUARANTEED PAYOUT of $500 win, $200 R/U, $75 Semi's, and $10 round money for EACH class!!

If a class has 80 or more cars payout will be raised!

There will also be $20 test and tune!

Gates open at 11am with time trials starting at 1pm. We're paying it back to all of our racers, and we hope you come out and enjoy the weekend with us!

Now that's some funny $H1T right there.... Rolling

Posts: 16 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
From Quaker City Motorsports Park

Attention attention! Scotty Richardson driving school is coming to Quaker city September 6th! As of now we are short on the required amount of people to hold the class (need 5 more racers). We need a minimum of 15 people to commit before the class is held! Please contact either the track or Scotty Richardson to commit to the school by Monday the 2nd.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Maybe we can get together with the metal detector and find some burried money or check between the seats at car lots for change and buy one of these:

You could be CEOB

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
no dull moments around this place. if it wasn't for controversay there would be nothing to talk about on friday and saturday.

Posts: 150 | Location: Sittin at 660. | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Maybe we can get together with the metal detector and find some burried money or check between the seats at car lots for change and buy one of these:

You could be CEOB

I like the idear!! I seem to recall sumone..was going to buy the track and put one of fancy dining centers at the end of the raceway..now theres a good idear!

Posts: 9 | Location: pa | Registered: February 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm on the fence with keeping his track points but ultimately it is the decision of the track if they will recognize him as the class champion. As the way the rule is written, it is very general and clearly left open to the track to decide what the consequences of violating the rule are

Perhaps they should have a rule in the rule book pertaining to bullying, because imo that is exactly what this was. There would never have been an incident in the first place if select individiuals would not have sought Prest out after numerous attempts all year long to revoke his points or have him thrown out of races. After not getting the results they wanted from the track they resorted to other measures in order to provoke him and get a reaction and have him thrown out. This type of childish behaviour should not be permitted. You can't allow other racers to taunt another racer or you are just asking for trouble. I think that this was a learning experience for all involved including the racers and the track. It was a lynching of the points champion that went too far and got out of hand. This happens at this time of year at many racetracks. Let's learn from our mistakes for all involved and move on. There is no innocent party here. I saw the incident and IMO if you are going to come from several lanes over to intentionally put yourself in the path of a moving racecar to taunt him then you best be prepared for the fact that you may get hit. I personally do not feel that Prest intended to hit the other racer. I think that maybe he intended to warn him or perhaps get up out of his car and grab him by the throat but not to hit him and risk damage to his car. Adreniline runs high on the last points race of the season and this taunting should not be permitted.
IMO I don't think he should lose the track championship title. He dominated and he earned it fair and square. Not fair to take that away because a few childish indviduals lynched a vendetta against him. The fact that they have both been kicked out for the remainder of the year speaks for itself.
They are cracking down on bullying in the schools let's crack down on it at the racetrack! I think there would be a lot less "incidents" that need to be tended to if we did. Just Sayin IMHO.

Posts: 3 | Location: Ohio | Registered: February 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
fair and square wld of been joining ihra @ the beginning of the year since he knows that he was and is good enough to win! THEN i believe none of this wld have taken place....jus sayin!

Posts: 5 | Location: Dragway of Magnolia | Registered: June 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Kinney:
fair and square wld of been joining ihra @ the beginning of the year since he knows that he was and is good enough to win! THEN i believe none of this wld have taken place....jus sayin!

I have to agree with Dave on this one.
People are overlooking the fact that he was not eligible for points UNTIL he joined IHRA which resulted in him not winning the championship.
Again, he didn't lose because of the incident that happened, he lost because of him not joining IHRA at the proper time.

Posts: 16 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Dave - I agree with you 100% for the SSS, not disputing that at all.

Posts: 3 | Location: Ohio | Registered: February 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post