DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
i agree with you for the most part but i have won several championships and every year i was called a cheater and tormented thank god the owners and the management at prp had the balls to put an end to it (THEM ) dont penalize you track champion obviously he was the one racing there and supporting the track. i know all the parties involved and they where the same cancer and problems we had!!!! its not prest!! do you really think any of this would have happened if the management would have done there job in the first place. bring your champion back and get rid of that cancer you have running around and change the attitude out there before you let those clown run you out of business
quote:
Originally posted by Bowtiebobby:
Typical stupid stuff going on during the last day of points. I sure hope both sides involved in the accident were penalized from the track. One side for taunting and running their mouth all day and driving by the other sides pits and running their mouth enough to piss the other half off, and the other half for doing what he did to shut the MFer up. Unfortunately it looked as though only one side was asked to leave. The guy in the door car had a lot to do with the situation too but was allowed to stay...unbelieveable. This is why this stuff still happens every year....both should be asked to leave for the remainder of the year and then meet with the management before next year to determine if they are allowed back. However, one thing is for certain, the management has a tendency to listen to one side and react without getting the whole story. In this case, the one that was asked to leave should have been given his actions.....but the other side should have too. His actions led to the result that occurred....old story you dont poke a bear with a stick and wonder why he bit you....

Posts: 191 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I'll give support to what Bowtie said. There were no victims except for the innocent bystanders that only saw the end results. The incident in the lanes was just over the top. You can't ignore that action or reinstate the person(s) responsible. There was plenty going back and forth between the 2 parties involved for a little while now. If the track realized there was a problem brewing they should have had the 2 racers in the office to start the day and issued a warning before it got to that point. If the track didn't know what was going on then the racer needs to step up and make the track aware so they can deal with it and not try to deal with it on their own. All in all, just a lot of bad decisions made on both sides of the fence.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bowtiebobby
posted Hide Post
Too late. Too many a$$clowns at this place. Need a strong manager to start sending them packing.

I agree that Prest did not deserve the taunting he was being given. However, one thing is for sure, if you win you cheated...according to the racers at this place. The only way you are not labled a cheater is to lose...but then why race. I personnally have had to endure that same claim in the past. However, you cant take matters into your own hands either and become part of the problem if you are the one with the most to lose. Bill got a bad break all week, it would have taken a better man than me to endure what he had to go through with the IHRA and then car issues and the points championship on the line...but a punk is a punk and you cant let him get in your head. Management has allowed this behavior for the past three years whether its racers yelling at employees, each other or taunting each other....nothing is done unless it results in physical confrontation. It should never come to that, but then again, it seems to every year. No control by management on these situations.

I like Bill personnally, but he too crossed a line that cant be allowed. Unfortunately I hated to see that happen. The other guys involved are punks and nothing but a problem in my opinion. However, at least one of them had a reputation of being a punk and I wish management would have been made aware of this situation and would have put an end to it. If they were aware and did nothing, well that would be typical.

Posts: 106 | Location: Sitting in the Luxury Box on the Opposite Side of the Track | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
BB... I do believe the track took the racers to the barn and discussed the situation before they handed out the decisions. Both sides got to speak their peace before the management put out the consequences of each person's actions. I will give them credit for that. They did listen to all sides and talked to people who saw the event. It's just unfortunate it was allowed to get to the point it did.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
ok i agree but how could they have not known??
its always the same group causing problems if it was not prest then it would have been someone else management did nothin !!! they are still making the same mistake the problem is still there trust me they will continue to lose business until they close KICK THOSE CLOWNS OUT
THEY ARE BAD FOR BUSINESS
quote:
Too late. Too many a$$clowns at this place. Need a strong manager to start sending them packing.

I agree that Prest did not deserve the taunting he was being given. However, one thing is for sure, if you win you cheated...according to the racers at this place. The only way you are not labled a cheater is to lose...but then why race. I personnally have had to endure that same claim in the past. However, you cant take matters into your own hands either and become part of the problem if you are the one with the most to lose. Bill got a bad break all week, it would have taken a better man than me to endure what he had to go through with the IHRA and then car issues and the points championship on the line...but a punk is a punk and you cant let him get in your head. Management has allowed this behavior for the past three years whether its racers yelling at employees, each other or taunting each other....nothing is done unless it results in physical confrontation. It should never come to that, but then again, it seems to every year. No control by management on these situations.

I like Bill personnally, but he too crossed a line that cant be allowed. Unfortunately I hated to see that happen. The other guys involved are punks and nothing but a problem in my opinion. However, at least one of them had a reputation of being a punk and I wish management would have been made aware of this situation and would have put an end to it. If they were aware and did nothing, well that would be typical.

Posts: 191 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BILL BARR
posted Hide Post
I'm 100% with BB and doorman on this one. I am in no way condoning the actions, but you can't expect someone to put up with the childish actions that were taking place without some sort of incident. I have two teenage daughters, and they do not generate half of the drama that has been allowed there. The "victim" is a drama queen. Unfortunately, he got exactly what he wanted Mad

BILL BARR

Posts: 206 | Location: BUTLER PA | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Shawn P, you have a P.M.

So, anyway, who ended up winning the points?

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Tony.. I'll be back at ya momentarily.

I believe it was Albert Donnell, Ray Wade, Chris Tharpe. Not sure official results are not posted.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Shawn Pinkerton,

DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
Bill Prest won the points !!!!!!!!!!!
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
Shawn P, you have a P.M.

So, anyway, who ended up winning the points?

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bowtiebobby
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shawn Pinkerton:
BB... I do believe the track took the racers to the barn and discussed the situation before they handed out the decisions. Both sides got to speak their peace before the management put out the consequences of each person's actions. I will give them credit for that. They did listen to all sides and talked to people who saw the event. It's just unfortunate it was allowed to get to the point it did.

did not know that. Unfortunately the victim got what he wanted out of the situation. I will give them credit for listening to both parties if you say they did that. However, the instigator got far less than he diserved. I agree with Doorman, need to purge the track of these punks...bad for business and this track has more than most other tracks.

Posts: 106 | Location: Sitting in the Luxury Box on the Opposite Side of the Track | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bowtiebobby
posted Hide Post
BTW...congrats to the points winners...Ray Wade, Chris Tharp, Albert Donnell...Sorry your work got overshaddowed by this event...

DRR Trophy
Picture of COOK E
posted Hide Post
quote:
BTW...congrats to the points winners...Ray Wade, Chris Tharp, Albert Donnell...Sorry your work got overshaddowed by this event...
thank you. My ? Finally answered. Sucks to hear of all the nonsense going on there and it's overshadowing of the winners... Congrats to them for sure.

Posts: 104 | Location: PAINESVILLE OH | Registered: June 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
wow....its kinda weird that 12 years ago I got booted for kinda the same reasons....got points takin from me ( for buying rnds...lmfao)got in confrontation with track whiners next thing I know were getting booted! lose championship and all the bonus run offs....banned for 5 years....guess as long as u have a management team that listens to a small group of racers that think jus cuz they been there since the 70s....your always gonna have these issues!...but @ the same time....WOW were relly gonna run someone dwn in a digger?????...that aint gonna help car count.

Posts: 5 | Location: Dragway of Magnolia | Registered: June 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Racers round here ... drinking their ice cold beer...

Talking bout points, talking about punks, running over competitors with their pick up trucks....

Red Red Red Red Red Rednecks...

Back woods legit don't take no ****...chew tobbaca Chew tobbaca chew tobacco - Spit!

Posts: 9 | Location: pa | Registered: February 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
it really is a shame the tack operators let it come to this and have yet to fix the problem. but you guys as racers should run these clowns out yourselves what do you have to lose that place is doomed either way as long as they are still aloud to race there i know myself i will never go back with that class of racers there!!!! i heard he is on probation maybe a good time to torment him RIGHT

DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
ok i heard both racers are suspended but one points have been settled for weeks now and we can all argue about who right or wrong but there still one issue not resolved !!! i personally know the how much cost and dedication it takes to win a championship the points are over and PREST should still be able to run the race of champions at PRP he earned this on the track and deserves to run the race!!!!!!!!
quote:
Originally posted by doorman:
it really is a shame the tack operators let it come to this and have yet to fix the problem. but you guys as racers should run these clowns out yourselves what do you have to lose that place is doomed either way as long as they are still aloud to race there i know myself i will never go back with that class of racers there!!!! i heard he is on probation maybe a good time to torment him RIGHT

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
ok i heard both racers are suspended but one points have been settled for weeks now and we can all argue about who right or wrong but there still one issue not resolved !!! i personally know the how much cost and dedication it takes to win a championship the points are over and PREST should still be able to run the race of champions at PRP he earned this on the track and deserves to run the race!!!!!!!!
quote:

Shame a guy has a great year only to be stuck in this situation. Frown

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I'm on the fence with keeping his track points but ultimately it is the decision of the track if they will recognize him as the class champion. As the way the rule is written, it is very general and clearly left open to the track to decide what the consequences of violating the rule are:

25. Unsportsmanlike conduct, whether verbal or physical, will not be tolerated and appropriate action will be taken.

As for the SSS run off, I believe there was an issue caught and enforced by IHRA from how the story goes. Maybe you can confirm this with Billy, but the word at the track was Bill did not purchase his X number as required to start the season and he lost points earned up to the date of the actual purchase based on the findings of IHRA. The number of points lost brought him back to tied with 2nd place for the SSS run off. The person who won the most rounds on the final day was the SSS representative.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Alright everyone, we will be releasing a statement on last weekend's incident once we've finished talking with witness'. For now I'm trying to get the word out about this coming weekend.

Saturday August 31, 2013:

The Working Man's Race! New to Quaker, were hoping it's a hit!

It is a Box/No-Box race that will be kept separated(no run-off and totally separate purses)! $25 entry. $15 buy backs. $5 spectators.

GUARANTEED PAYOUT of $500 win, $200 R/U, $75 Semi's, and $10 round money for EACH class!!

If a class has 80 or more cars payout will be raised!

There will also be $20 test and tune!

Gates open at 11am with time trials starting at 1pm. We're paying it back to all of our racers, and we hope you come out and enjoy the weekend with us!

You must give respect, to earn respect.

Fox auto salvage and parts. Quality used and new auto parts. 330-863-1011

Posts: 12 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I did not witness the incident between Bill & Mark this weekend as I was working in the pits most of the day. I enjoy both of these individuals company at the track or anywhere else I would happen to spend time with them. I have read and heard many opinions on what should and shouldn't happen to these individuals based upon their behavior. I will go back a few years and remind all of us someone great once said he who has without sin cast the first stone. Everybody lay down your rocks as I have heard many people say things about others at Quaker and other places for a multitude of reasons. To cause problems, to benefit their position, to make themselves feel better, the list goes on and on. I would venture a guess that neither party is a 100% happy with their part in what happened here and I would also guess that Bill realized this license problem could become an issue as I recall it biting a couple of Dragway 42 drivers last year. I also would guess he realizes the action he took might have been questionable at the least even if unintentional. Everybody needs to man up and admit their roll in the situation to themselves if not to others and the rest of us need to stop backbiting each other and trying to eliminate groups of racers from being able to attend. The number of racers in this area is shrinking and is probably low enough now that we are now on the endangered species list and should be receiving federal protection. We are all adults, words are just that, words. A year or two from now these boys may be best of friends and the position you took today may put you on the outside then. I've seen it happen before. Quaker is a good place to race. It's up to us to make it great!!!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HFR540,

Posts: 13 | Location: boardman, oh | Registered: August 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post