DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bowtiebobby
posted Hide Post
Oooppss....need to get back to the water cooler so that the captain doesnt get mad.

Posts: 106 | Location: Sitting in the Luxury Box on the Opposite Side of the Track | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bowtiebobby:
Oooppss....need to get back to the water cooler so that the captain doesnt get mad.

That's right boy!! Get that grown man's nuts out your mouth and back to the water cooler!! His race car aint the only thing flaming in that race team!!!

Posts: 13 | Location: halfway | Registered: August 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Insano:
quote:
Originally posted by Bowtiebobby:

That's right boy!! Get that grown man's nuts out your mouth and back to the water cooler!! His race car aint the only thing flaming in that race team!!!

Thats funny SHYT right there.... Rolling

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
thanks for the nice words culp...but at that point in the night it can go to anyone in the line up you did a killer job gettin there

Posts: 50 | Location: brackenridge pa | Registered: December 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of mr. yuk
posted Hide Post
hey also congrats to biddle jr. & both obertanecs. killer racers no doubt !!!! also congrats to mike mcclellen as he won the wed. box race at norwalk.

Posts: 189 | Location: niles,ohio | Registered: January 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Norm Fox is a successful business man. If you've seen how his boneyard has been managed and been ahead of the times for the last 30yrs you'd know that. He will take the same approach with the race track. I'm seriously doubt that anything will be done half-assed. Especially on the management side of things. I'm sure he's smarter than to listen to a single racer or even small group of racers when making major decisions that effect his success.

Those who have talked with Greg Miller or Norm Fox (whom probably won't discuss it with anyone) about the management decision at the end of the year only got 1/2 the story and a biased side at that. So take what ever you heard from whomever you heard it from with a large grain of salt. Only two people know all the facts, You and I aren't one of them.

If you can't name names of who said what it probably is BS. No one yet has been willing to slide it out there as to who is campainging for changes to the program and claiming to be next years track manager.

The turn around in the tracks attendance was more of a change of ownership/management (they were the same thing previously) than anything. Regardless of the program. Excellent word of mouth from racers on the internet helped as much as any other form of advertising they did.
The only real complaint I have heard all year is that of time management. Including: Late starts. To much down time for no known reason. No comunication while sitting for hours. Cars not called to lanes until last class totally finished and such. The only person responsible for that is the manager. The track crew were always at their posts on the nights/days I was there.

Can / should things be done differently? Depends on who you ask. You can't please everyone. With the reported new surface, if it happens and is done right, the water problem will be gone. That will make it much easier for on time starts after rainy days. Class wise you just have to run what is avaialble. That's how we all started out. It's a large learning curve. Right up till the day you quit racing. There will always be someone with something you think to be an advantage and a reason you want to not be in a class with them. Race your own race and let the lights fall where they may.

Everyone had high expectations for this year and those expectations were met. I'm going to go thru the winter with high expectations for next year. If you want to go thru the winter and be negative in your expectations for next year, well, that's your problem.

Posts: 16 | Location: Louisville, Ohio | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of XPS fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fast frank:
Fred, made it out to my first ADRL event this year, now I`m a XPS fan also. 10.5 class not bad either Ice Cream

I just knew you had class Smile

You should've come over to the XPS pit, we could've figured out all QCR's problems Razz

I'd love to bring some killer 10.5 stuff to Quaker......time will tell.

NHRA Pro Stock..........now on a no CARB diet.

Posts: 2764 | Location: ohio | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you can't name names of who said what it probably is BS. No one yet has been willing to slide it out there as to who is campainging for changes to the program and claiming to be next years track manager.

I think the guy drives a gold chevelle!

Posts: 45 | Location: behind you | Registered: July 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Smitty275:
Norm Fox is a successful business man. If you've seen how his boneyard has been managed and been ahead of the times for the last 30yrs you'd know that. He will take the same approach with the race track. I'm seriously doubt that anything will be done half-assed. Especially on the management side of things. I'm sure he's smarter than to listen to a single racer or even small group of racers when making major decisions that effect his success.

Those who have talked with Greg Miller or Norm Fox (whom probably won't discuss it with anyone) about the management decision at the end of the year only got 1/2 the story and a biased side at that. So take what ever you heard from whomever you heard it from with a large grain of salt. Only two people know all the facts, You and I aren't one of them.

The turn around in the tracks attendance was more of a change of ownership/management (they were the same thing previously) than anything. Regardless of the program. Excellent word of mouth from racers on the internet helped as much as any other form of advertising they did.
The only real complaint I have heard all year is that of time management. Including: Late starts. To much down time for no known reason. No comunication while sitting for hours. Cars not called to lanes until last class totally finished and such. The only person responsible for that is the manager. The track crew were always at their posts on the nights/days I was there.

Can / should things be done differently? Depends on who you ask. You can't please everyone. With the reported new surface, if it happens and is done right, the water problem will be gone. That will make it much easier for on time starts after rainy days. Class wise you just have to run what is avaialble. That's how we all started out. It's a large learning curve. Right up till the day you quit racing. There will always be someone with something you think to be an advantage and a reason you want to not be in a class with them. Race your own race and let the lights fall where they may.

Everyone had high expectations for this year and those expectations were met. I'm going to go thru the winter with high expectations for next year. If you want to go thru the winter and be negative in your expectations for next year, well, that's your problem.

Well said - this is one of the most intelligent and well thought out posts I have ever read on this forum. I have been racing the same car for 15 years and the instructions given to me the very first night are still the only two rules you need to win...
1) cut a light and run the number.
2) it doesn't matter who or what is in the other lane if you can follow Rule #1
Just Joan

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bowtiebobby
posted Hide Post
OK...I will confess....you are right Smitty....we should name names...so, I want everyone to know that I have been approached by the owner to manage the track next year....there you have it..... Rolling

Posts: 106 | Location: Sitting in the Luxury Box on the Opposite Side of the Track | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lucifer:
2010 fired at PRP.....2011 fired at QCMP. There has to be a reason for this. Maybe some of Greg's testes holders can say why?

Rest assured he did more things right than he did wrong at both places. Maybe you would like to tell us about all of your success in the race promotion business. What have you done to further the sport of drag racing????????? Sign on here and use your first post to take an anonymous shot at a guy when he is down. You gots lots of stones

Posts: 153 | Location: the Heights of Brighton | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I would like to share an open letter I have posted on QCMP to Mr. Fox:

Mr Fox,
I would like to start this email by thanking you for the outstanding season that you, Greg and the staff of QCMP put together for 2011. It exceeded the expectations of anyone that came thru the gate this year. With your backs to the wall to get a program in place and prepare a facility that had been left for dead, you and the staff showed to us, the racers and your customers, that you are dedicated in bringing Quaker City Motorsports Park back to the top notch facility that this track has represented in both NHRA and IHRA Division 3. We are all truly grateful for this.
I have raced at Quaker City with my family and friends for the last 12 or so years. From 2007 thru 2010 we did not call Quaker City our home track. It was a difficult decision to make being so close to the facility but with events that had transpired and the declining support from the previous ownership to continue to keep the tradition rich facility moving forward it was a decision that had to be made. We left and traveled to Norwalk, National Trail and Pacemakers along with some money races.
The reasons we choose to go race at these facilities are very simple. The program offered structured classes, a set of rules that were followed as per the sanctioning bottle, consistency in track rules and a guaranteed payout. Each of these facilities are 100+ miles to travel to each week but knowing we were going to be getting each of the previous mentioned items made that tow well worth the time and money.
I know we are only a few short weeks from the finish of the 2011 season or from the perspective of the track we are 2 weeks closer to the start of the 2012 season, the rumor mill is already working at full efficiency. I wanted to offer an opinion on some of the items that are being offered and seem to be very consistent with all the gossip.
My first concern is the idea that the track is going to go back to a car count based payout. This is the structure that the track previously ran under and was one of the concerns to many racers that left and returned hit and miss for the last 3 or 4 years. With the cost of racing growing it makes it very difficult for a racer to show up without a guaranteed payout. A 6 or 7 round race with a purse that may pay $300 to $400 to win, a small amount runner up and no promise of semifinal money makes it difficult for a racer to spend $40 on entry, a spectator or 2 and the fuel to travel to the track on top of the wear and tear on their equipment makes the decision to travel for a race difficult. When a racer knows they are going to get a fair payout that is guaranteed that makes the decision easier to show up to the track,
My second concern is the rumor that the classes are going to be restructured. This has been previously done at the facility and created issues with the class that was split. Falling back to the idea of a car count based payout it created smaller car counts and lesser of a payout for those classes. Again, smaller payouts and no guarantee of fair purse make it hard for the racers to show up to the track. There were a lot of rule changes season to season, month to month and week to week in some of the classes that created issues. The constant changing in classes and rules for the classes became frustrating and played a role in the loss of cars for the previous ownership.
The voice of the majority was heard and seen loud and clear this past season. The program was once again structured, the rules the same for everyone as per the rule book and the payout was guaranteed. Each week brought back racers that had left and brought in many new faces. The competition level increased week to week with all of the new cars showing up and it made everyone step up their game each week. The end results were seen at the Bracket Finals in Pittsburgh, even with all the difficulties that track faced. Yes there was a learning curve for the management and yes there were issues that fought Greg and the crew all season. The weather is not something that can be controlled and the amount of water we received this year could not be prevented. Greg and the crew made every effort possible to try to make every event happen. The track was good each event. The schedule was not set in stone to start the year but new organizations and events wanted to be part of the new facility. In a year that was shoot from the hip the success that was achieved would be almost impossible for other tracks and individuals to accomplish.

In closing, I hope that these rumors are placed to rest with a current newsletter or update from the management at the facility as soon as possible. I hope that the majority, not the few that have consistently lobbied for changes to benefit their personal needs and helped create the downfall of the track in previous years, are given the opportunity to report in on their opinions of the season, what they would like to see remain, what they think needs to be tweaked and of course what their expectations for 2012 race season may be. I hope that time is taken to review other local tracks that have changed their programs from such a structured program that QCMP offered in 2011 to a structure that we saw under the old management in years past at Quaker City Raceway. I would like to see the communication increase and the majority allowed having a voice as the off season begins.

Again, thank you for the success that was 2011 and I look forward to the continued growth of QCMP in 2012 and forward.

Sincerely

Shawn Pinkerton

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Please read Shawns post on qcmp forum and if you agree please support it on qcmp forum.

Thanks Ray Wilkins

Posts: 365 | Location: new castle,pa | Registered: May 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
imo,greg did a great job!but the rehire decission isnt mine,or my concern,however what is on my mind is,mr DAN UNDERWOOD is it your opinion that the track would benifit from a payout based on car counts.or is this a rumor that has been started to get the focus off someone else?

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have been sitting on the fence and not going to post but "Lucifer" AKA Underwood, maybe you need to have your s h i t straight. I have known Greg for a few years now and I can assure you he was not fired from Pittsburgh as the owner wanted to take over for multiple reasons but none of Greg doing a bad job. As far as QCMP, nobody has made an announcement of anything so since you are swinging from the sack, you must know something nobody else does.

If you was at the pumpkin race you would of seen the owner with a radio and making decisions with his good ole side kick right at his hip " Lucifer" AKA Underwood with 2 post.

Face the facts, Greg had huge car counts at Pittsburgh and come to ohio with Pittsburgh's attendance a slight drop in 2011. QCMP, record setting numbers in over a decade weekly, never dropped off all season till after the changes were made at your request. You want to be in bed by 9, take up golf. Just because competition was tuff and you finished at the bottom, you want it back to 30-40 cars with your click group being majority.

This small group of whinning b*&@@#s dont like when someone runs by the rolls of sanction body, grow up, you have all the same options as everyone else in that class. When you was in school and played any sports, you didnt start unless you was good enough.... if you was'nt good enough you worked harder to get better. Practice. It does not matter if you run a mini van or dragster, you have to do the same thing like posted, cut a light and run the number. Everyone always says how a delay box is so much easier, I have done them all from a neon, to a roadster and i can assure you the delay box was the toughest. If it was the easiest, why is it that no box/ modified is always a bigger class than box/top. It doesnt take much to wire up a line lock to a transbrake button just like a transbrake and wire up a box.

quit crying and blamming everyone else why you feel uncompetitive and go out and race, get seat time.

congratulations Jim, unfortunately I do not attend the classic since no jr's class. Once I hit the lottery, maybe me and ashley both can race, but for now she is 1st and number 1.

Pink and Wilkins, X2 nobody would of ever thought the track would of reached the height it hit and as fast as it did in less than a year. Why would you want to change or think you could possibly make things better with the rumor decisions.

Posts: 23 | Location: Elyria, Ohio | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of XPS fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Lang:
........ an anonymous shot at a guy when he is down. You gots lots of stones

Actually quite the opposite.......absence of "stones"

Oh, and by the way......."no stones" has left the building!

NHRA Pro Stock..........now on a no CARB diet.

Posts: 2764 | Location: ohio | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Well I guess while we are talking about "stones" I am glad a lot of you assume Dan U is Lucifer and is the voice in Norms ear. C'mon guys alot of this sounds like a bunch of school girl talk.

John Borland

Posts: 41 | Location: east central ohio | Registered: October 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Goomba
posted Hide Post
With all this drama I'm going back to TRP. Rolling Rolling

All kidding aside. I can tell you one thing Greg was ok in my book he always came over and shook my hand and said hi. I was not use to that, I was more use to if you don't like it go F - your shelf. I Do agree with Shawn he did a pretty good job with all the bad weather and all.

Untill I can buy my own race track I'm just along for the ride. Rolling Rolling

If you think I'm full of C R A P,, It is the med's talking. Rolling Laughing Rolling

Posts: 353 | Location: Chesterland Ohio | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Lang:
quote:
Originally posted by Lucifer:
2010 fired at PRP.....2011 fired at QCMP. There has to be a reason for this. Maybe some of Greg's testes holders can say why?

Rest assured he did more things right than he did wrong at both places. Maybe you would like to tell us about all of your success in the race promotion business. What have you done to further the sport of drag racing????????? Sign on here and use your first post to take an anonymous shot at a guy when he is down. You gots lots of stones

Tom, "Lucifer" is the user's 3rd name, after previously being "Happy Feet" and "Enforcer". Reeeallly big set if hiding behind 3 names, huh? Roll Eyes

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of excessive braker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well I guess while we are talking about "stones" I am glad a lot of you assume Dan U is Lucifer and is the voice in Norms ear. C'mon guys alot of this sounds like a bunch of school girl talk.

Well if were assuming it is him and your saying its not then who is it? i dont see underwood on here or qcmp forumn saying he isnt doing all of this stuff. Just from seeing him on the golf cart with mr fox at the halloween race says something. he was up previous managements a$$ and got his way and track went under. all of us just dont want this to happen again and if norm decides to go to a car count payout and other changes the place will be a ghost town again. although i think dan is swinging from norms sack i think its the "footbrake" whiners in general since i know the majority of them think transbrakes are cheating.

Posts: 71 | Location: Sliding at the cones | Registered: May 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post