DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
It sucks when those new big dollar coated headers that look so good on the floor get just about ruined when you try to get them where they need to be on the car. I never got a set in without messin the finish up. I never had that motor gold, I think we painted it red back then. I guess that motor was built back in 93 or 94 the first time. I bought a w**** car to get the motor. 1969 olds 88. May have been a brogh ham.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balaska347:
quote:
Originally posted by Andamo:
It's too late now, but sometimes dropping the header in first and wiring it to something, and then dropping the motor in helps. But..........

Thats how I do it. My engine bay is so tight that it still sucks. Huh Chuck lol.

Chuck I think Bob uses OLD Ford blue. You know what I would do to fix it. Where's my hammer lol.
Plasti coat old ford blue.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Anyone got a report on how the Ironman race went? I have been stuck in the garage still wrenching.....

Tom Nist
NX62

Posts: 128 | Location: Delmont, PA | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Well, No Box --Mark Romeo
Box--Andy Conrath

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ma for the update.

Congrats to Mark and Andy. Mark, you own that Ironman.

Tom Nist
NX62

Posts: 128 | Location: Delmont, PA | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<trap>
posted
bob, rumor has it that you use a sledge hammer to install your headers!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by ironman:
Thanks Ma for the update.

Congrats to Mark and Andy. Mark, you own that Ironman.

Thanks for the congrats. I also want to congratulate Larry Patts for making it to the No-Box final.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Bob, that's one of the things I was thinking as I ground it on the floor, the crossmember, the block, and got my greasy dirty paw prints all over it. I've got some hope for the passenger side. I think it was just the small blocks that were gold, wasn't it?

T and Trap, I am about ready to get the BFH out. Probably not a good mix with getting the brake line off of the one header tube though.

Big time congrats to the winners, Mark and Andy, the runners up, Larry Patts and Tom Scott, and the semifinalists, the awake for about 42 hours straight Russ Benish in no box, and Scott Campbell in box.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chuck, your car parts look awesome!!!!!!! Sweet looking headers. Can't wait to see your car everythings looks great buddy Smile

Mark, Great job!!! You and Andy are both class act racers!!! Mark you are by far one of the best racers i have ever met. Super job buddy. You are classy and a deadly racer that combo is very hard to find. But then again Romeo=classy. That is the case with your w**** family. Wink

Bill Prest, I heard about some of this second hand from other racers at prp. I hope it did not happen the way I heard. I am not fan of double entry in same class, but if you are aloud to do that they should hold up for you. At least that's how most tracks do it. If they don't intend to hold up program they should not allow double entry to same class. As far as Scott goes he has always been a good sportsman to me and to others, but I did hear from multiple other racers that he did not wait for you. I hope that's not the case but if it is.. WOW i'll just remain silent and let the action speak for itself. I also heard form people that he wanted to argue and fight with you. I hope that's not true either. Don't be upset Bill you are a bad a$$ racer and people maybe feel they can't beat you straight up. Shame on them they don't deserve what the get. I know I would wait if you had to change engines. I feel all races deserve to be earned. Scott this may not have happened like this so don't think i'm againts you in any way. I guess what im saying is if it did not happen shame on the rumors. If it did happen shame on Scott. Racing is very compitive but should always treat eachother with respect. Hope Bill and Scott will work things out.

APD Racing Engines And Fuel Systems
www.AmericanRaceCars.net
Vickers Bros Transmissions
Schusters Custom Painting
newer

Posts: 365 | Location: new castle,pa | Registered: May 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BILL BARR
posted Hide Post
Well said Mr. Wilkins. Wink

BILL BARR

Posts: 206 | Location: BUTLER PA | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trap:
bob, rumor has it that you use a sledge hammer to install your headers!

It ain't a rumor. How can headers not fit in a 67 camaro with a big block. I could just scream sometimes. BTW Dave, that header was fit perfect after you changed that tube. Thanks again.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
a big contrats to all the winners and r/u at the ironman classic.

mark, you was on a roll yesterday. something tells me this just a preview of the season to come.
great job.

btw,
i dont think i ever saw kevin jump that high before Big Grin

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Hey Joey, see what happens when you wish for rain???

T, did you see Mean Girls was on this past weekend? I wonder if it will be on again this coming weekend.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Hey Joey, see what happens when you wish for rain???

T, did you see Mean Girls was on this past weekend? I wonder if it will be on again this coming weekend.

LOL I think means girls is gonna be played every race day.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
The Ironman ought to be renamed the Romeo Trophy.

Congrats on another Mark.

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Progress! Not a fan of the gaskets Hooker includes, wish I had thought to get some Ultra Seals ahead of time. But we got 'em to work now.

The easy side:

The hard side. I had to swat Barry's sausage finger out of the pic, and he "saluted" the header that gave us heartburn:

With the carb mocked up, oil and water sending units reattached:

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The picture of the red Camaro is a picture I sent to Chuck on Monday. It's a local fellow, Ray Shuler, who raced at PRP in the Door Jamz series, driving Spyros Legakis' Pro Mod car at Orangeburg Drag Strip this past Saturday. Ray qualified with a 4.10 and went a 4.066 in the first round. This picture was taken by Buddy Trivette.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dan... I fell asleep after posting the Olds pics, and wanted to put the info on about Ray driving Spyros' car, but when I woke up, I only had time to post the pic. Oops! Red Face Big Grin

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Your car looks awesome Chuck

APD Racing Engines And Fuel Systems
www.AmericanRaceCars.net
Vickers Bros Transmissions
Schusters Custom Painting
newer

Posts: 365 | Location: new castle,pa | Registered: May 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post