DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I'm getting closer on the Olds, making progress every day. I'm hoping to be out for the Iron Man on Saturday.

To the tune of Twisted Sister's "I Wanna Rock":

I wanna race!(Race!)
I wanna race!(Race!)
I want to race!(Race!)
I wanna race!(Race!)

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Chuck, just get it done already!! Hope to see you there racing this weekend.

Posts: 480 | Location: PA | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Yeah Chuckie, shut up and get to work.

You make me sooooo MAD Mad

Posts: 88 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Frank you make me sooooooo maddd!!!

Brank ill be there thursday afternoon help you change cams. After 3:00 pm.

APD Racing Engines And Fuel Systems
www.AmericanRaceCars.net
Vickers Bros Transmissions
Schusters Custom Painting
newer

Posts: 365 | Location: new castle,pa | Registered: May 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Getting there... got my Brother Barry helping me out tonight.

Oh Frank, no you dih-int... you make me so mad. Mad

Andy, bringing the Monte?

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FDTed1211:
It could rain for 70 days and 70 nights and if it's not supposed to rain during our hours of operation then we should be open.

Sunday should be good also, temps in the minus 50 degree range. Cars will make good horsepower.

Frank ya have no idea how right you are. The whiners were doing their best to eat some cheese with some whine after this past weekend.

Wahhhhh its sunny all day saterday WTF....booo hooo my life is over the track was closed.

CHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK - you get that gutless cutless running yet?

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Chuck, Not ready to get it out just yet. Have to get Andrew's car running perfect first. When I pulled my car out of the trailer the starter broke, so I have to change that and a few other little things. Then if I can work up the nerve, I will bring it out.

Posts: 480 | Location: PA | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
I forgot to mention the Joeys...
Joey Devola's Mustang looks great with the new wheels, sweet stance!

Chuck...I think you are telling the wrong person that the Mustang looks great, better rethink that one...

Posts: 61 | Location: Ruffs Dale, PA | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balaska347:
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Galanda:
quote:
Originally posted by FDTed1211:
It could rain for 70 days and 70 nights and if it's not supposed to rain during our hours of operation then we should be open.

Sunday should be good also, temps in the minus 50 degree range. Cars will make good horsepower.

Frank ya have no idea how right you are. The whiners were doing their best to eat some cheese with some whine after this past weekend.

Wahhhhh its sunny all day saterday WTF....booo hooo my life is over the track was closed.

CHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK - you get that gutless cutless running yet?

Ed you are 100% right the members of a local mustang forum we are on are crying like babies that the track closes just because they don't feel like running. They say if it rains in texas they cancel at PRP.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Sonya, if it means keeping me in brownies, I'll say damn near anything. Big Grin And to quote our Meatball friend, I'm hungry! Big Grin

C'mon Andy, bring 'er out and have some fun. You're always welcome with us Street scum.

Eeeeeeedddddddddddddddd!!! Getting there. We'll see how the rest of the week goes. I won't be using this water pump, snout is too long. Valve train is in now and adjusted. Thanks to Barry for the pics:

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
i know for myself, i was disappointed that it was closed sat.
but i was there at the track, and michael explained his point of view and it was definitely a valid point.
some parts of the pit area was really wet., 3 hours of using the jet dryer to get the track prepped at $500 per hour of fuel alone. then if someone brought mud onto the track, the clean up would be a lot more just to get the track ready for this weekend.
ryan and i actually left for the track 30 mins before it was posted on the site it was closed, we stopped for breakfast and got there to find out it was closed.so we just made a road trip out of it and when we got home, we just got some changes done to the car that we was planning on doing at the track.
i have been to another track that whens it cold or was drying up from the rain and you had no traction at all off the line, which actually makes me more frustrated making junk passes than not making any at all.
michael and the staff at prp look at the safty aspect of it first, and i think they made the right call after seeing what the area was like sat. morning

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Happy "29th" Birthday to Joey D.! Quit having birthdays, I'm really getting old! Oh, that's right so are you!! LOL Have a great day, Joey!!! Mom

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Is grandma giving you a meatball for every year, instead of candles? Big Grin Happy birthday Joe!

<Brianna>
posted
Happy Birthday Joey!!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post

<Mark Romeo>
posted
Happy birthday Joe!!!

DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Joey

I know Mikey. I was gonna make a point in their thread but felt it would be pointless to even argue.

Chuck atleast your motor has internals and heads on it. My 351 based stroker for my '84 mustang still looks like this. Course I did get the 4.30 gears in and upper torque boxes reinforced on the '04 mustang.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ed Galanda,

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Joey D.!!!

Posts: 37 | Location: Ford City, Pa | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I was giong to post on there too, but I'll pass for now. Unreal how they whine.

Yeah, internals are in, and some of the externals. Water pump is on now too. Small block is out of the car. Garage is a freakin' mess.

<Mark Romeo>
posted
Chuck, did you use RTV for the ends of the intake or the little rubber gaskets? We throw the rubber gaskets directly in the garbage and silicone the ends of all of our intakes. The rubber squishes out and causes leaks. Just a heads up/ my $.02 on the subject.

Looks great though, dropping it in tonight? Ready for Saturday...plenty of time. Dad and Kevin have 2 cars to put together for Saturday. Thrash time!!

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I checked first, putting the rubber gaskets on the block rails, then set the intake on it. Way too much gap on the heads, so I took them off and did another test fit. Much better. I do actually use them on the small block. Thanks, it's getting there. Lots of progress made, still more to do. Hoping to escape The Man's clutches early today and thrash. I want to race!!!