DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
FYI--Mason Dixon is open this weekend March 15th & 16th. Saturday is TNT and Sunday is RACE DAY!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I was actually on the PRP site this morning, and saw this:

I am sure we are all aware of the Mike’s Auto Body $1000 Guarantee. Mike’s Auto Body will guarantee $1000 payout on every regular racing day! (Top and Modified Class) Well if you thought that was great, brace yourselves! Mike’s Auto Body does it again! They are going to have the Mike’s Auto Body Gambler’s Wednesday. It is a gambler’s race every 4th Wednesday. What is so special about this? Mike’s Auto Body will guarantee the payout to be $400, regardless of how many sign up. We have 5 people sign up - the payout is $400. We have 20 people sign up - it is $400. Can you beat that? I don’t think so! So mark your calendars and get ready for some Wednesday competition. Thank you to Mike’s Auto Body, a very special supporter of Pittsburgh Raceway Park. You have done it again!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
Thats big news!!! I can't believe what the sponsors have brought to the table for this racing season. It has to be the best season yet for $$$ and prizes!!

Also, if all this support from the sponsors of PRP doesn't bring out more people and a nice increase in car counts doesn't occur, then I think we can safely say that payouts and chances to win are not the reasons for people not coming to race.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I just seen that announcement for Mikes Auto Body guaranteeing the gamblers race payout every 4th Wednesday. Thanks Mike!

Tom Nist
NX62

Posts: 128 | Location: Delmont, PA | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mike is awesome.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Our sponsors are the best. I can't thank them all enough.

AJ, do we have to wait til a raceday to see more of Mike's handywork?

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chuck it may be. I am hoping to post pictures when I get them back but we are getting close to each day.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
sure wish they would race on fridays..be nice to race 2 days instead of just 1.but 1 better then done!!

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
I agree Bill, I love racing multiple days in a row. That said, I don't want 2 day points like it used to be back in the day. Some weeks Saturdays are plenty for me.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The problem with not having POINTS is that no one will show. We saw that with the Box No Box races on Friday last year.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

<Mark Romeo>
posted
Thats true...how about a re-phrase. I wouldn't mind seeing some of the big racing weekends be multiple day points (ie. Memorial Day, Labor Day, 4th of July, etc). I would not like to see dual points days weekly.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
the multi day holliday weekends is a great idea

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Wasn't it last year that we had racedays on fridays also but none of the racers showed up.

Mark, why are you against having two points days?

Like AJ said our racers are points racers. If there are no points they stay home and plant flowers instead Smile. I remember when we raced every other friday along with the regular raceday and everyone seemed to like it.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
With the possiblility of having a family in the future, I just don't think it would be feasible to dedicate 2 days per weekend all summer long to points. It would almost definately count me out of the points system. I am more looking at the future than currently. Not to mention the increased $$$ to race with everything going up I just don't know how it would possible. I would have to give up running Top Mad because entry fees would be nearing $200 every weekend. I have nothing at all against having multiple points days once in a while, like I said when we have a 3-day race weekend they are great, and I can recover from the increased $$. With everything getting more and more expensive I don't know whats going to happen to racing, if salaries were going up proportionetly it would be one thing, but of course they aren't Confused

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I was just curious Mark and I agree, with the cost going up it would be expensive to race more then one day every weekend. I worry about the future of bracket racing with the rising cost of everything. Not only gas but everything.

I don't think you have to worry about it anyway because it will never happen. We couldn't even get enough racers for a BOx/No Box once a month.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
I was just talking about the cost with Jake. I only live 20 min. from the track and it will cost around $150 bucks a week to race one time. Say, $70 for race gas, $20 for fuel in the tow vehicle, $40 entry, $10 for wife, and $10 for food and drinks. I may have to get a part time job. Maybe wash dishes at Carmens Cafe.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
I was adding up the same things Bob, entries 80 a week (Top and Mod) Fuel for truck is only probably a few dollars because I live about 1.2 miles from the track, race fuel 50 bucks. It sucks, not to mention the fact that I drive a 1-ton Dually Diesel truck due to my racing habit and it costs at least 100 a week to fuel driving it as a daily driver.

Just wanted to add that I am not really complaining beings that this is my decision to be a part of this sport, more so just a statement of how bad it is getting overall.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Mark Romeo>,

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
there is always pimping.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
there is always pimping.

I know some people Tony. Can I pimp you out? I'll give you like 10%.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Deniker:
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
there is always pimping.

I know some people Tony. Can I pimp you out? I'll give you like 10%.

BTW, pimpin ain't easy.