DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
thats all i have seen also
thanks

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
Thats cool, what chrome-moly crossmember setup did you go with? Ron Boyce was talking about doing it on his Fox body and just was wondering how the swap was. I have been looking for an MSD distributor on e-bay and racingjunk.com lately and people seem to want almost the new price for a used one.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I went with the UPR K-member. It worked out really well. I gave up trying to buy used parts. People want just as much for used as the new ones. If you look on ebay, used things sell on there sometime for more than they are new. Confused

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
I know, auto meter gauges...don't ever buy on e-bay it seems that a used 5 year old guage WILL go to the same price as a new one from Jegs. I will take a brand new part over a used part every day. I just look for used because I can't always afford new. I found a SN2000 Simpson RX http://www.racingjunk.com/post/834766/Speedway-RX-NEVER-WORN.html
for 250 bucks couldn't pass it up. I found a CSI billet water pump for 175 brand new. Some stuff is good other stuff is ridiculous.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
It is nice if you don't need something right away and you have time to shop around. I don't have the patients to look around but sometimes I do luck out too.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mostly, we talk about wings to tick Barry off, since he couldn't make it down on Sunday. Roma Italian Restaurant is good food all the way around; I've liked everything I've had there, pastas, pizza, sandwiches, etc. It's on 2955 Leechburg Road in Lower Burrell, but you kind of have to look for it. The wings are full pterodactyl size, so they're not cheap. Well worth it though. If you go, and see the manager Bill (he's always in cargo shorts no matter the weather) tell him I sent you. I like to heartily endorse places that treat me good and deliver quality, can you tell? Big Grin

That's cool you guys are pretty well set Mark. Is that Vinny's engine from Greg Dahl at GMS, or was he running one of Dean's at the end of the year? That's a nice deal on that helmet. I'd like to go to a full face one too, but it will have to wait until next year. The BTE tranny stuff, a good Auto Meter tach with light, and a hood scoop will be the major work this season.

Will someone please shoot that f'n groundhog???? HHmmmmm.... Frank, know anyone who could handle that job?

JStewart, how did the weekend go in NC? How did the new bullet run?

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Chuck, I just got me a groundhog on Sat., but I don't think it was Phil. Sure looked like him though from the half of face that was left on him.

Jeffrey, the IHRA is still trying to get sponsors that's why there are not many details yet.

Posts: 88 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Billy, we really need to talk. Big Grin

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
thanks for the update frank,
i know they wanted bar's leaks to sponsor the series but they wanted too much from what i was told from the VP of marketing from bars leaks.
i heard they wanted to have a $2500 bond to win to try to stay in the ball park of NHRA.
NHRA gives a $5000 bond to win at their national events.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mark I run a full face helmet and I love it I think you will too.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

<Mark Romeo>
posted
Mike, Unfortunately Kevin talked me into selling him the helmet since he doesn't have one to wear in the new car (can't wear a dirtbike helmet in a 9.50 chassis car). So as of now I am stuck with my simpson open face. I am still looking for another one just like that one I love the Simpson RX its sweet looking.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Yes Jeffrey, they are trying to pay more money.

Chucky, I left half face Phil in your motor home soaking in HOT sauce. Nothing like a good marination. ( curious if that is a word ). By the time the track opens, that'll be some good eating. Who needs Clem's.

Posts: 88 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Hoooo wheeee that sounds good, Frankie! Big Grin

Ray Wilkins, check your PM.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
....well Chuck sense I've always heard they taste like chicken, maybe you should try some lemon and pepper, or maybe Parmesan cheese.
I think Frank was right, you have an addiction.

Maybe we could start a chapter of B.A. for ya ….. Wink

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

<trap>
posted
We are selling are trailer. It's a 40' haulmark gooseneck. If you know of anyone looking for one please let me know. Traile has to go.
thanks

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Steve, the problem with B.A is that the 12 steps usually lead to a bbq or wing joint. Big Grin

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trap:
We are selling are trailer. It's a 40' haulmark gooseneck. If you know of anyone looking for one please let me know. Traile has to go.
thanks

I will give you 5K for it right now!!!

u can keep the generator!

Posts: 201 | Location: Jeannette, PA | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Steve, the problem with B.A is that the 12 steps usually lead to a bbq or wing joint. Big Grin

does B.A. stand for Barbeque Anonymous

Posts: 201 | Location: Jeannette, PA | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Steve, the problem with B.A is that the 12 steps usually lead to a bbq or wing joint.

does B.A. stand for Barbeque Anonymous

Rich knows.......hhhhhmmm

maybe he's in recovering barbequer, himself?

..I'm more of a beer battered guy myself.

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chuck, you know how I feel about BBQ.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop