DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Red or Dead MOPAR
posted Hide Post
Practice Tree Nationals are this weekend!!!
January 25th Saturday

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Does Mike know who the father is yet, J/K. Congrats Balaska's

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
Congrats Mike and Amber.

Chuck that's funny Smile

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Banquet info is posted on the PRP site:

The annual PRP Banquet will be Saturday, March 1st, at a new venue:

Rizzo’s Malabar Inn Reception Hall & Banquet Facility
126 Rizzo Road
Crabtree, PA 15624

Gates open @ 3PM to allow extra time for socializing!
Dinner @ 5PM (Salad, Beef Braciole, Chicken Parmigiana, Homemade Spaghetti in Red Sauce and Alfredo, Mixed Veggies, Bread & Butter)
Cash Bar for Soft Drinks and Alcohol
Awards immediately after Dinner

Adults $25
Kids 12 and under $18

Contact Pam to order tickets - pamela@pittsburghracewaypark.com

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone! Everyone is doing great. The Doctor said he is perfect.

Tony, we aren't really sure but we are looking into the Maury Show. Eyes

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
You guys have a nice program set up this year. Looking forward to seeing more info on line for the Top Sportsman/Top Dragster deal and a little more on the SBRA series.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I think it's going to be a good year. A lot of variety going around.

Sorry I missed you Saturday, SP... do any good at Rivers?

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I will be back to the Rivers to try to get my money back. Big Grin

I will say driving in Pittsburgh confused the hell out of my Garman. All the bridges to get to a bridge that takes you to a ramp for the bridge you need to get to the next bridge had it all confused thinking I was on roads above or below me at times.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
See if you can get mine back too! Big Grin

You may not have been better off asking a native... us yinzers have a tendency to use landmarks that don't exist anymore.. "Go dahn Liberty past where the Winky's usedtabe, turn right..."

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
us yinzers have a tendency to use landmarks that don't exist anymore.. "Go dahn Liberty past where the Winky's used ta be, turn right..."

go past da ol' gum-band factory, and ask da jagov wearing da Barry Bonds shirt directions from 'ere an' 'at

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I do like the variety of things Greg is trying this year. Should be a great year and hopefully bring in some new racers.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
Winky's damn I remember those.

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 318Y
posted Hide Post
I know I would definitely like to see some info on the Top Sportsman/ Top Dragster program

Team Rocky
Brian Yanchik

RJ Race Cars
Domhoff Racing Engines
Race Flow Development
Abruzzi Converters

Posts: 119 | Location: Pa. | Registered: March 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shawn Pinkerton:
I will be back to the Rivers to try to get my money back. Big Grin

I will say driving in Pittsburgh confused the hell out of my Garman. All the bridges to get to a bridge that takes you to a ramp for the bridge you need to get to the next bridge had it all confused thinking I was on roads above or below me at times.

That's funny

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
What is this T/S, T/D stuff you guys are talking about?

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday Greg Miller!
Party

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
The 7th annual Steel City Practicee Tree Shootout practice tree race, presented by Pittsburgh Raceway Park, is set for Saturday, March 8, at New Alexandria Fire Hall, 8370 Route 22, New Alexandria PA 15670. Coming from the west, it's on the left side of Route 22 about 1/4 mile past the Sheetz at the 22/981 junction. Coming from the east on 22, it's on the right about 1/2 mile past PRP.

Saturday, March 8, 11:30am, $5 cover charge to all, which gets you lunch (menu will be fried chicken plus donated dishes from participants), 12:30 little race ($5 entry) starts, big race ($20 entry) starts after little race is completed. Double entries allowed in both. No reentry or buybacks in little race. Big race will have reentry for first round losers (win reentry round to get back into round 2). Last year, little race paid $225 to win, $100 runner up, $25 semis, $10 quarters. Big race paid $1000 to win, $300 runner up, and paid back to the 1/8ths.

Sponsors wanted! Food dishes wanted!

We thank our returning presenting sponsor:

Pittsburgh Raceway Park - www.pittsburghracewaypark.com

And the great support from Carmen Tedesco, Carmen's Cafeteria, and Ionadi Auto Sales - http://www.ionadiautos.com/

Rules:

* Race 1, first round only, will have 1 time trial hit. There will be no time trial hits in round 2 through final round
* There will be no "time trial" hits in Race 2. There will be desktop/pocket trees available to practice on.
* Rollout will be able to be set for each racer by adjusting the delay.
* All rounds with the exception of the final will be best of 3. Final round is best of 5.
* How to enter: "Tech cards" will be sold at the door. Buy your "tech card" for each race you want to enter. Write your name CLEARLY on the ticket you hand in. If you are double entering, write #1 after your name on the first entry, #2 on the second.
* Pairings will be randomly drawn.
* Bye runs will be randomly drawn at the beginning of each round.
* Racing is off of the handheld button only.
* Racing is off of the bottom bulb only.
* The tree is full sized, with LED bulbs.
* Tree will be in time trial mode, or, as if both racers have the exact same dial in.
* The christmas tree decides all winners, ie, if 2 racers in competition have identical reaction times, the winner is the one whose lane is flashing on the tree.
* Double entries WILL be allowed in BOTH races!
* IF - IF!!!! - there is time and interest, we will have a top bulb race AFTER the 2 bottom bulb races. Entry and payout TBD, rules above apply

Pics from last year's race:
2013 6th Annual Steel City Practice Tree Race

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
https://www.facebook.com/event...er=upcoming&source=1

This coming Saturday, Trainwreck will be playing at the Black and Gold Grill in Latrobe, part of a fundraiser for the Thinking of Nikki Foundation. There will be at least 1 incompetent guest bartender (me), and 1 wanna-be rock star (Bob). Lou and his guys go on at 9pm, guest bartenders start at 8pm, and there will be raffles of all sorts, 50/50, gift baskets, a separate raffle for an iPad, and more!

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...uFE&feature=youtu.be

Cool piece from the 2013 PID-Keystone Nostalgia Nationals dvd that is available for sale.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow night!! Party

quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
https://www.facebook.com/event...er=upcoming&source=1

This coming Saturday, Trainwreck will be playing at the Black and Gold Grill in Latrobe, part of a fundraiser for the Thinking of Nikki Foundation. There will be at least 1 incompetent guest bartender (me), and 1 wanna-be rock star (Bob). Lou and his guys go on at 9pm, guest bartenders start at 8pm, and there will be raffles of all sorts, 50/50, gift baskets, a separate raffle for an iPad, and more!