DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Red or Dead MOPAR
posted Hide Post
So people "can't" have fun when someone stages like that? not sure if i understand why there is a rule like that.

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
C'mon Nick can't you spell F-U-N??????????

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
I hope next year they paint a line 6 feet behind the beems. All movement from that point on must be in a forward motion. Good old courtesy staging like the "Good old days"

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of DILLIGAF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Red or Dead MOPAR:
So people "can't" have fun when someone stages like that? not sure if i understand why there is a rule like that.

I just don't get it, does anyone watch Nick race? You all say this race is for FUN. This dude has more FUN racing than ANY of us at the track. I have never seen anyone with as much PASSION for racing than Nick.
I do suggest to clearly post your rules, for example, are we following all IHRA rules, minus, passengers are allowed and we can only forward motion stage, no backing into the beam, etc etc.
I am disappointed, I will have to find a new tactic to hold on to my CHEATER title. I'll have to copy Tony and Pat that day. I'm putting a delay box and a trans brake in Bud's Focus....
Hee hee

Posts: 7 | Location: BURGH | Registered: September 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Bud ain't got no focus! He is totally wacko. Eek

Posts: 2595 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of JordanPR22
posted Hide Post
just wondering why how someone stages a vehicle during a normal event or this race has to do with fun? not calling anyone or any rule out, just a general question. i am not one to care but staging technique is just that, its a method you are comfortable with to stage your vehicle... what does it matter what the other person is doing? should it be illegal to purge nitrous during staging? or wait to stage last? hitting the gas when the competitors lights are coming down to throw them off? etc.. isn't bracket racing about running your own race? each and ever person at a race track has a routine that they are comfortable with, from the way they warm up the car, get ready in the lanes, burnout, etc. if things are to be done like the "good old days" would that also eliminate most electronics and other advances in technology from being used? just curious? again to me it doesn't matter but I don't really see the need for this to be an issue. glad no one has complained about me staging at 13000 rpm, well maybe Louis has said something a time or 2 Tongue

Does that mean I can't run the race in reverse like I was planning since I will be staging using reverse? talk about FUN Car

Jordan Haase
PR22
MiROCK # 2253

2009 Honda CBR 600RR
1982 Kawasaki GPz 550
team HARD racing - 1320 Psychos

Brock's Performance - GMS Racing Engines - Z&M Cycles - M&M Leather - JW Kustomz

FOREVER 53

Posts: 165 | Location: Irwin, PA | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
I think if you're worrying about what your opponent is doing, you've got other issues.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Please remember to email Amber or hit the GobbleFest flyer on FB and say you're coming... gotta be sure there is enough food! Big Grin

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
4 years...

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Forever 53

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Well boys, Have a great Turkey day....Thanksgiving is a day of giving thanks for all the blessings we have in this life. I for one have a lot to be thankful for. My wife and kids, my friends and most of all those soldiers that are serving our country. Please think of those men and women when you sit down with your families and be sure to pray for their safe return to their families.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Did they actually run Turkey race, or was it cancelled?

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of fast frank
posted Hide Post
Yes they did, it was on PRP`s facebook page

Posts: 728 | Location: pa. | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Well said, Jim, I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. When is your surgery?

Steve, yes, GobbleFest was a blast on the 23rd.

All you hunters out there, good luck and be careful. And if you have some extra deer jerky, I can help you out. Big Grin

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bronson Jr.
posted Hide Post
Chuck, those were great pics of Big Brewer. Made my day

Posts: 8 | Location: Latrobe | Registered: December 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Been pretty slow on here of late.

This fall was the first time I ever got to race a 1000' race. I liked it, how about you guys?

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post