DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
I don't think there is a decision to be made. All the web site said was to vote. There was never anything else said about a decision based on the vote. My understanding is that points is going to start when it's scheduled to start. There was never anything said to the contrary.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chuck I agree with you as well. 240 seemed very high for points members at the track. It was easy to manipulate the voting by using multiple computers, calling/texting your non-racing friends and the like.

I agree with you and the others on the comments that the schedule is upheld by the track and if the track management fells it will be a benefit to move they should make that decision.

However a schedule should be followed to keep us all on track.

I dont know how much it will benefit the track to have a non-points day prior to points beginning. As long as I have raced at PRP we always have more people show if the word POINTS is placed next to a race day.

Tony why do the vote in the first place then? If it is not going to influence the decision why was it placed there?

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Here's my two cents (worth 1.38 cents under the Obama administration...)
If it's a nice day, and the track is dry, and we are not at work, and have enough jingle in our pockets - most of us who have a working vehicle will be there to race - points or no points.
I thought we showed up because WE LOVE TO RACE!!!! big idea

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Glen not saying everyone is that just a trend noticed at the track. There are many racers out there that race because they love it.

From the PRP site:

2010 Points Information Update
Monday April 26th
From the desk of Greg Miller
PRP Track Manager

Due to the recent rainouts we have been having these past few weekends I have made the decision to push the start of the PRP points to Saturday May 15th. This is two weeks back from when they were scheduled to start. The weekend of May 8th is the IHRA ProAm. This was a Business decision made solely in the best interest of the point’s racers and Pittsburgh Raceway Park. I would like to thank all those who participated in the online poll survey pertaining to this issue.
The First day of Pittsburgh Raceway Points will be Saturday May 15th.

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding
Greg Miller

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Well, there you have it. Boy, I was way off.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I see the track plans on running a Gambler's Thursday night, is that included with your entry or extra? If extra, how much?

Thanks.

Posts: 343 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
Well, there you have it. Boy, I was way off.

Harry: Maybe its on the briefcase.

Lloyd: Oh, SAMSONITE! I was way off!

Ahh, Dumb & Dumber... never gets old.

Posts: 114 | Location: Saltsburg, PA | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve140:
I see the track plans on running a Gambler's Thursday night, is that included with your entry or extra? If extra, how much?

Thanks.

Steve,

The gamblers race will be separate from test n tune. Therefore, you will tell them at the gate you are running gamblers and the entry is $35. The payout, which I just finished posting on the PRP Site under Entry & Payouts will be as follows, depending on the car count:

15-24 Cars = $250 Win, $100 R/U, $35 Semis.
25-34 Cars = $350 Win, $125 R/U, $50 Semis.
35-44 Cars = $350 Win, $125 R/U, $50 Semis, $10 round money, starting 2nd round WIN.
45-54 Cars = $500 Win, $150 R/U, $75 Semis, $10 round money, starting 2nd round WIN.
55 or MORE Cars = $600 Win, $200 R/U, $75 Semis, $15 round money, starting 2nd round WIN.

Posts: 114 | Location: Saltsburg, PA | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Greg,

I wanted to complement you for having the online survey for the points. Most folks I know complain they never have any say on what happens. You gave everyone a chance to voice their opinion in a democratic way. Keep up the good work.

Posts: 55 | Location: Mount Pleasant PA | Registered: December 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
New payouts for the gambler's looks great! Nice to see a little kick back for round wins.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pro 301g:
thanks guys,
Chuck my daughter is doing Ok. Getting bigger every day. Still holding off on kidney transpant but we did find out that I will be the donor. Still have a few tests to run but everything looks good so far. She is holding on to things and trying to walk...just taking it one day at a time. Thanks for asking. They are planning a benifit for her.. If you would like to follow it just look at "JOSIE GRECO'S"page on facebook.

thanks
LJ

Lou, can you post the link?

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Whats everyone getting their panties up in a bunch for. Is it really that big of a deal if your racing for points May 1st. It is still regular racing. Yes I would rather race for points but im not the track manager so Im not gonna get on here and pretend I am. Yes I know its a forum and we have freedom of speech but Greg asked all of us to directly email him with any concerns or comments and to keep the comments off the net. Oh yeah by the way if anyone hasn't seen the forcast, all of this might make no difference anyway.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
My car should be ready this Friday so if the weather cooperates I should be back in actions Saturday.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Panties in a bunch? That's why Chuck's and mine are crotchless. Less bunching.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
tony...i think we've all seen enough of your crotch...wheres my hot dog at? lol

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Crotchless... you gotta love em. Ice Cream

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
Panties in a bunch? That's why Chuck's and mine are crotchless. Less bunching.

Tony, that was way to much information!

Posts: 178 | Location: Export | Registered: July 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mikey, your wheels are getting dusty.

Posts: 178 | Location: Export | Registered: July 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Too much bunching, so I went commando.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Comando? I don't think I want to know Chuckles.