DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
This may be the only time I ever say this, but I agree with Tony.

Hardy Har-Har

Dude, awesome job on the mic.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of camhead
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lone Ranger:
Thanks Tony, im def going to ask the next time i go to PRP. Several races i seen this past week i thought forsure it took more than the time allowed. I think it should be on all the time even for the deep stagers. Also hats off to all the winners and runner-ups and to the track crew.

Every time I've been on the starting line, the starter flipped the switch when both drivers were prestaged. It's different when someone deepstages, them turning on their stage beam is the same as the prestage for a racer not deepstaging. There is a flashing blue light on top of the tree, it flashes til the starter flips the switch, when the switch is flipped it stays on solid, at that point I'm pretty sure the computer takes over.

Posts: 9 | Location: Pa | Registered: May 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
Hardy Har-Har

Really? What's next, shaking your fist at those whippersnapper hooligans in their jalopies??

quote:
Dude, awesome job on the mic.

Thanks, Tony, just hoping that's my last time until the 660 race.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Autostart isn't activated until both drivers are prestaged, then one stages. From the IHRA rulebook:

STARTING SYSTEM: The “Rollout” at all National Events, Pro-Am Events and Team
Finals events will be set at 11 1/2” for Pre-stage and 11 1/2” for Stage, with 7” between
the beams. This will be set using a wheel 22” in diameter. “Auto Start” will be used in
all classes at Nitro Jam Events and Team Finals events. It will also be used at Pro-Am
Divisional Events when host track is equipped with “Auto Start” system. Once both cars
are pre-staged and the first car stages, the second car has a predetermined amount of
time to stage before the tree is automatically activated. This predetermined amount of
time is referred to as “Time Out”. If the second car fails to stage before the system
“Times Out”, it will be given a red light. The time out for each class is as follows:
Autostart Staged Staged
Settings Minimum to Start Total
Professional Classes 0.5 0.3 7
Top Dragster 0.6 0.9 10
Top Sportsman 0.6 0.9 10
Super Stock 0.6 0.9 10
Stock 0.6 0.9 10
Quick Rod 0.6 0.7 10
Super Rod 0.6 0.7 10
Hot Rod 0.6 0.8 10
ET Bracket/Team Finals 0.6 0.9 10
Junior Dragster (10-17) 1.0 0.8 15
Junior Dragster (8-9) 1.0 0.8 15
All C-44 Timing Systems Stage to Start will be 1.7 for all classes.
1. Stage Minimum is the amount of time tire breaks the beam to begin Auto Start.
2. Stage to Start is the amount of time both cars are staged to begin Auto Start
countdown. Accutime programming may add an additional .2 for variance
3. Total is when one car is pre-staged and staged, and the other car is only pre-staged,
this is the amount of time left before tree activates.
In the Auto Start system, the tire must be in the stage beam for a minimum amount of
time before the Auto Start begins. This “Staged Minimum” in Pro classes is .5 seconds
and in Sportsman .6 seconds and Junior classes it is 1 second.
During eliminations in all categories, any vehicle starting a run before the tree is
activated will be automatically disqualified. If both competitors leave before the timing
system is activated, the driver leaving first will be disqualified. If the race director is
unable to determine who left first, both competitors will be disqualified. In final round,
both cars will re-run.
NOTE: The Auto Start does not activate until two Pre-Stage lights and one Stage light
have been lit. If one side has both Pre-Stage and Stage lights lit, the Auto Start will not
activate until the second driver Pre-Stages.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
660 Nationals flyer is out:

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
You can count me in!

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
You can count me in!

Me too, I hope.

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Question on the 660 race.. Like other big top bulb races. Will they not use cross talk for the guy goin off the bottom? And YES it is done. Handful at the fling were doin it.. Thnks in advance

Posts: 67 | Location: around and about | Registered: November 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
I'm working on a definitive answer to that Lone Ranger, but I am guessing the "N" to disable crosstalk should be ok.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Clint, you have a PM

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to Tony Fagnilli, getting the Wally at the Norwalk divisional yesterday in Top Sportsman. Way to collect that sticker money, dude! Big Grin .002 at the stripe!

338H Tony Fagnilli
E5 ****WINNER****
0.032 6.869 200.47
TS Dial: 6.85 (+/-): 0.019

3381 Scotty Haas
0.036 7.087 194.41
TS Dial: 7.07 (+/-): 0.017

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
LOL, thanks Chuck

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'm also curious about disabling cross talk because I would most likely bottom bulb

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Turk
posted Hide Post
With crosstalk turned on , the amber lights will be focused directly at the driver in his/her lane. Each driver leaves off his top bulb (even the faster car) with no more crossing over. The top amber light in each lane will activate with the start of the slower dialed cars tree countdown. The slower cars tree will continue on its normal .5 second countdown to green. The faster cars top light will stay on for the standard .5 second duration plus the amount of handicap between the two lanes, and then it will continue to countdown after that at the .5 sec countdown to green, so that's how it works.. BUT putting the N after your dial in only works IF your the faster car. So if you want to bottom bulb you sure can as most likely your going to be the slower car and your tree will come down in the standard way with no delay. Makes no sense for the faster car with a crossover delay box to put the N to turn it off. So if you want to bottom bulb your sure can. The only issue will be if your the faster car your top bulb will stay on the amount of delay between the dial ins. That's when you can put the N after the dial. Have to review rules for each race as some state crosstalk can not be turned off.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Turk,

Posts: 177 | Location: New Stanton | Registered: January 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Why the heck is bottom bulb racing even part of a discussion when the race is specifically titled 660 TOP BULB Nationals???? Top bulb racers don't go in to a bottom bulb race and ask for them to turn on cross talk.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thank you Mark and Turk for the well explaned details. Thats what any bottom bulber would want to know... And... Yes Shawn some of the hard hitters from Mod that dont have a box will be running this race. Especialy to support Greg, the track, and this race. thank you for adding to this topic tho.

Posts: 67 | Location: around and about | Registered: November 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Turk in your very last sentence, are you saying you need to check to see if cross talk can be turned off? Of course only in the situation if the faster car is going off the bottom and has an "N" on the window. I appreciate any feed back, thank you.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Quaker City for one says that crosstalk can not be turned off during the box class runoff so it can be a problem at some tracks.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I assure you when Greg put together a top bulb race he knew that he could not accommodate everyone of his regular racers that run all classes each week. I am certain he really appreciates those that want to support it but he completely understands if you cannot adjust you or your car to meet the structure of his race. If the race proves to be successful maybe he can put together a bottom bulb race for next year so he has something for everyone.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
I like crosstalk. I wish PRP used it. It changes absolutely nothing for the slower car. And if you're the faster car, just put a big N on your window and you don't have to worry about. Pretty simple, guys.