DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Funeral arrangements for Shelby:

Shelby Younkers funeral arrangements are viewing is from 2 to 4 and 6 to 8 on Tuesday. the service will be held Wednesday at 11:30 at Paul McCracken funeral home main st Ligonier.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
From the PRP site this morning:

Racer's meeting this Sunday, March 30, 1pm/Opening Day/Chassis cert info
03-28-2014
The annual racer's meeting will be at the pavillion in front of Carmen's Cafeteria at 1pm this Sunday, March 30. Greg Miller will talk about the upcoming season, and racers will be able to pay for pit spots and sign up for points. Racers can also pay for and order drums of VP race fuels.

Opening Day is still scheduled for Saturday, April 5, weather permitting. Please stay tuned to the website and Facebook for announcements.

Chassis certifications will be on Saturday, April 26. If your certification is out of date, you may race at the test and tunes at PRP prior to April 26.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mike Carr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:

Chassis certifications will be on Saturday, April 26. If your certification is out of date, you may race at the test and tunes at PRP prior to April 26.

Good to know, Chuck, I will let our S/SS racers (we kick our Association races off there that day) if their chassis cert is close to running out, they can have it done.

Mike Carr
Tri-State Stock/Stock Association President
Retired Stock/bracket racer
Facebook/Twitter: buffdaddy1302

Posts: 59 | Location: Enon Valley PA | Registered: September 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I think all the details are being hammered out with the IHRA inspector and Greg, but as soon as I see who to contact and reserve a spot, and pricing, I'll post up.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Just one thing I'd like to say, not everyone,(including myself) has a face book account.

I don't have one, nor do I want one.

Can we please keep the PRP site up to date, and not make everyone go to fag book?

Also hope we keep the PRP Rain out Texting service, like today - I cant tell you how many times that has saved me a long wasted trip.

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve from Pa:
Just one thing I'd like to say, not everyone,(including myself) has a face book account.

I don't have one, nor do I want one.

Can we please keep the PRP site up to date, and not make everyone go to fag book?

Also hope we keep the PRP Rain out Texting service, like today - I cant tell you how many times that has saved me a long wasted trip.

Facebook allows me to keep in touch with my nieces and nephews in NY....yep sounds pretty gay.. Roll Eyes

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Oops I guess I made a Freudian slip there, sorry, yes I meant to say Face book.

Your right Eric, if I wanted to get information on your nieces, face book would be the first place I would go also, however when I’m looking for info concerning the race track wouldn’t be convient to be able to go to just one place, to find that info? You could name it something catchy…….. like say Pittsburg Raceway park then post relevant things, like what’s happening and updates maybe who won last weeks race? So I don’t have to stroll through hourly posts about how cute someone’s cat is, what someone is making for dinner, and updates on your nieces?
I’m not the only one out there that has this complaint.

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Steve, the PRP site was updated at the same time as Facebook and when the text alert went out. I know this for a fact. Big Grin I'm guessing the PRP site didn't show when you checked it out? If so, hit F5 to refresh the page. I am not extremely technical, but I guess some servers don't update as quick as others, from what I understand. I know the page will be updated this week at least once, as we get closer to opening day, and see what Mother Nature is going to do. I'll copy and paste here too.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
THIS WEEK'S SCHEDULE:
Saturday, April 5 - Racers meeting has been rescheduled for 9:30am, rain or shine! If you are staying after the meeting for opening day (racing or spectating), you will be able to pay before gates open for the test and tune. If you are not staying, we ask that you leave after the meeting, befoore the gates open for test and tune at 11am. Racing starts at noon, and goes until 6pm. $10 for spectators, carload for $25, test and tune $25.

DRR Trophy
Picture of mac
posted Hide Post
Racers meeting ONLY this Saturday!! Opening day postponed!
04-03-2014

Posts: 7 | Location: burgh | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Yep... from the PRP site:

Racers meeting ONLY this Saturday!! Opening day postponed!
04-03-2014

UPCOMING SCHEDULE:

Saturday, April 5 - Racers meeting has been rescheduled for 9:30am, rain or shine! Unfortunately, the toll of the long winter is still being felt at the drag strip. So, the opening day test and tune is delayed until Saturday, April 12th. The racers meeting WILL be held, rain or shine, April 5th, 9:30am!!

PRP management and staff apologizes for the delay and inconvenience. We are willing to bet, given how mean and downright sadistic Mother Nature has been to all of us the past year or so, that this Saturday and Sunday end up being picture perfect days, ordered-directly-from-the-Chamber-of-Commerce type sunny, blue skied, get out your sunglasses and sunscreen, with birds chirping happy songs, children behaving and getting along nicely with their siblings, while next weekend she will probably revert to her old self. Please know that we wish nothing more than to open up the center for quarter mile therapy, especially after this brutal winter, and we appreciate your patience and support. Cross your fingers for good weather on April 12!

Saturday, April 12 - gates open for test and tune at 11am. Racing starts at noon, and goes until 6pm. $10 for spectators, carload for $25, test and tune $25.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Okay, I guess I'm the one who's going to ask. Why not just open on Sunday? It looks like it's going to be really nice.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
It's more than just the weather. Greg's post om PRP Facebook page:

Racers and fans,

This weekend is cancelled due to a number of reasons. The harsh long last winter has taken a toll on the facility, as well as having an effect on other entities that we work with. After the 2013 season ended, Derry Township and Westmoreland County required that the drag strip hook in to the public sewage system. Winter had an effect on the digging and pipe laying, with the artic temperatures halting work at times, and putting the work behind schedule. There is a lot of dirt and mud around the track, particularly the entrances and staging lanes, from this work. Another issue is the asphalt around the pits and return roads; the winter beat them up also, cracking it, resettling it, with the freeze/thaw cycles. Asphalt plants are just opening up now, and we will need LOTS of asphalt over the next few weeks. Please be patient as we will be working around some pit spots that will be affected due to these issues, but I promise we are working hard to get them completed as soon as we can. No one… NO ONE… wants and needs to open more than me, but it is best to take the time now and get cleaned up as much as we can so we can move forward to give you, my customers, a much better facility and experience than what we would right now, given our current state. I want it to be known that I did not chose to close because of the threat of rain. After last year, and its 18 rainouts, I’m not afraid of a little rain. I actually need this rain to help wash away the dirt and mud. I also want everyone to know that these issues do NOT extend to the actual racing surface. The track itself is fine, and ready for action. I hope to see many of you at the racers meeting this Saturday at 9:30 am (tell/bring a friend!). I will go over the upcoming season, and racers can sign up for points, order fuel, and ask questions. Thank you for your time and support.

Best regards,

Greg Miller, President, G&S Racing Services LLC

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
Get me cliff notes Chuck for Saterday. I may run out to Harrisburg to look at some trailers.

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I appreciate Greg's honesty and letting everyone know ahead of time. Lets hope for nice weather next weekend and that they can get the track ready this week. Im willing to bet if he doesn't open next week and the weather is beautiful again it will rain till mid may crying

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balaska347:
I appreciate Greg's honesty and letting everyone know ahead of time. Lets hope for nice weather next weekend and that they can get the track ready this week. Im willing to bet if he doesn't open next week and the weather is beautiful again it will rain till mid may crying

Agree'd

Can only imagine the zoo it will be if it is a 70* sunny day on opening day.

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Holy cow, what a mess. I'm sure he'll have it ready by next weekend.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
Holy cow, what a mess. I'm sure he'll have it ready by next weekend.

Holy cow??? You sound more like Robin than Batman.

Posts: 153 | Location: the Heights of Brighton | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post