DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Dang it, I was not able to attend the Drivers meeting yesterday, was there any info or discussion on the index classes on the schedule? With the limited schedule there are two people I know that have been looking at running it. Is there any info/rules written anywhere yet?

It was a tough winter for anyone to get much of anything done outside, hope it warms up soon.

...and did Phil call it this year or what?

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve from Pa:
Dang it, I was not able to attend the Drivers meeting yesterday, was there any info or discussion on the index classes on the schedule? With the limited schedule there are two people I know that have been looking at running it. Is there any info/rules written anywhere yet?

It was a tough winter for anyone to get much of anything done outside, hope it warms up soon.

...and did Phil call it this year or what?

All the info is posted on Facebook....j/k Big Grin I missed it also. Just hope the weather holds for next weekend.

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
What worries me a little is that the Farmer's Almanac called this winter, and same edition is calling for a hot summer. We saw what cold is....

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
What worries me a little is that the Farmer's Almanac called this winter, and same edition is calling for a hot summer. We saw what cold is....

Bring it on.

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
quote:
All the info is posted on Facebook....j/k I missed it also. Just hope the weather holds for next weekend.

haha ...good one

Chuck, I missed that it wasn't on the schedule till now but, are they racing TCR at all this year?
I can understand if they aren't because of the car count the last year or two, but I hate to see it go. I was kind of still hoping to see a bunch of new families roll in the lanes some time.

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
Anyone know a place around the area that sells Aluminum tread plate in 4'x8' sheet? Maybe .063" thick. Looking for 2 sheets of it.

Picked up a new trailer and trying to get inside finished and looked for thin tread plate to put on ramp.

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
ed try ryersons in the port of ambridge on 65 they used to sell sheets of it at a low price!!

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
ed try ryersons in the port of ambridge on 65 they used to sell sheets of it at a low price!!

Thanks

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve from Pa:
Chuck, I missed that it wasn't on the schedule till now but, are they racing TCR at all this year?
I can understand if they aren't because of the car count the last year or two, but I hate to see it go. I was kind of still hoping to see a bunch of new families roll in the lanes some time.

I'm sure hoping TCR is still part of the program. I know Glen Reis is planning on having his son run it. He bought a '90 Lincoln with a 5.0.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
Peaks at the forecast for Saterday/Sunday.... Car

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
i need bob jones rv and trailer phone #...i need a hitch for my rv and i cant find 1....

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Jones RV 724-225-8876

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
bowthank you sir!!

Photobucket

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Saturday is looking pretty nice, knock on wood!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
i agree chuck,looking great for some fishing!!

Photobucket

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Galanda:
Peaks at the forecast for Saterday/Sunday.... Car

Do you mean peeks? And Saturday?

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Geez, Tony, you spell "Pythagorean theorem" correctly, and suddenly you're an English professor! bow Big Grin

Bill, I thought you sold the fishing boat?

Still looking nice for tomorrow. Fence leanin', unless I'm working, but looking forward to it either way.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Godspeed to Sonny Kruel, who passed away late Wednesday. Thoughts and prayers going out to his family and friends. I didn't know him well, but he always seemed like he had a smile on his face.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Fresh from the PRP site:

FRIDAY, APRIL 11 - 4:42PM
Racers and fans, as much as we want to get on the track and start the 2014 season, it has been raining all day here in New Alexandria. All of the water has saturated the entire facility, and the pits are going to need some time to dry out. With the weather forecast looking great all the way until Tuesday, we are going to postpone opening day until Sunday. We wanted to give you all as much notice of the change as we could. We’re going to let the sun shine on everything, help it all dry out, warm back up, and be ready to go on Sunday. So, to be clear, opening day will not be on Saturday, April 12. It has been moved to Sunday, April 13. Gates open at 11am, with racing starting at noon. $25 to race, $10 for spectators, $25 for a carload. We greatly appreciate your support and patience, and look forward to seeing you on Sunday, and throughout the 2014 season!

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Really nice to assault the senses with yesterday's first day of the 2014 season. Pretty nice turnout, nice mix of cars, breakdowns were minimal and handled quickly. From what I could tell, track already had great bite, some nice passes got laid down.

Congrats out to Mia Tedesco, qualifying for the first time in Top Alcohol Dragster at the NHRA national event at ZMAX in Charlotte this weekend, in grand style, 5.29 at 268, for #3. Lost a tough one on a holeshot, .008 at the stripe, but a good showing, and hopefully good momentum for the next event.