DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Red or Dead MOPAR
posted Hide Post
1000 foot racing was sweet! Thumbs up

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I like the 1000'. It's something different, and something I would hope appeals as a compromise to those who prefer 1/4 and those who prefer 1/8th mile. I'd raced it once before, down in Bristol, the 64 car shootout was 1000'.

It was also fun seeing a really good buddy of mine drive the 1/8th mile stripe to perfection, in a 1000' race. Just sayin'. Big Grin

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
yeah what chuck said Busted i liked it but for people who are not very smart like myself it would be nice to have some kind of better finishline markings when/if it is done again, but it was a cool change of pace regardless

Posts: 50 | Location: brackenridge pa | Registered: December 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of rich penn
posted Hide Post
I liked it it was very profitable for me lol.

1999 TRANS-AM WS6
SPONSERED BY ;
ASAP PERFROMANCE
ALLISON PARK PA.ALSO 2008 DODGE CHARGER R/T

Posts: 87 | Location: pittsburgh,pa | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BILL BARR
posted Hide Post
I liked it.......it put my parking spot right at the FINISH LINE!!

BILL BARR

Posts: 206 | Location: BUTLER PA | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Matt. I was standing there at the 1000' stripe, leaning on the fence across from Bill & Steve's pits, wondering what the heck happened to you. And then someone goes and gives you a reminder on Sunday, in yellow dial in. Hum

FYI, in case anyone missed it on the PRP site or FB page, the banquet is scheduled for March 1.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Not one of my better moments, but it all worked out in the end!

Posts: 50 | Location: brackenridge pa | Registered: December 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
Marky got a free run against me. Frown

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Funny...I lost because of another racer decided to race 1/8 instead of 1000...thats what I get for lifting and drifting. He got back on it and got there .0004....typical for me and the 2013 season.

So thats at least 3 racers that only raced to the 1/8. One of them actually got the win...lol.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it worked out pretty good for you, Matt.

I forgot about that, Mark. Big Grin

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Bracket Finals slated to be 1/4 or 1/8 this year(2014)?

Posts: 212 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Everyone I talked to seemed to like it, or at least liked it better than 1/8 mile.
I was just wondering what you guys thought......if everyone seemed to like it you would think we might see more of it?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Steve from Pa,

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Dion, I'm pretty certain 2014 is an 1/8th mile race. I looked at the IHRA site, and they have the dates up, but not all the details. I think it's now every other year they rotate, where it used to be every third year for 1/8th. '10 and '12 were 1/8th, '11 and '13 were 1/4.

Steve, as much as I liked it, part of that because it was, for me, better than 1/8th mile. I think for a regular bracket race, GGG is were it's best suited. Though I wouldn't mind if IHRA were to make brackets 1000' instead of 1/8th. Big Grin

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chuck. Something to think about Hum

Posts: 212 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
I am sure most on this site know Jennifer Wilson our track photographer at Pittsburgh Raceway Park. She took some fantastic pictures of our cars all year and posted many of them on Facebook and PRP's website. I for one look forward to checking the pictures out every week. The starting line action, pit shots, half track shots, finish-line shots and even Family shots at the parties. The thousands of pictures Jen takes week in and week out take there toll on equipment and now she needs our help to upgrade her equipment so she can take even nicer pictures of us doing the thing we love, RACING. If you can PLEASE go to this link and help Jen with a small donation. Different donations even come with a picture of your choice. Thanks Jennifer for all you do, the hard work, and the long hours at the track and at home.
http://www.gofundme.com/5pih3s

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday, Ratty!
Party

DRR Trophy
Picture of Red or Dead MOPAR
posted Hide Post
Mark you can mark me as the 4th racer, but i did mine when i went red, but had another entry to come back up for... went red, wanted my data, drove it to the 8th and dropped, then i was like DAMNIT finish lines up there buddy.

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Happy birthday, Ratty!
Party

thanks Chuck!!

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

Posts: 129 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: November 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hey, AJ CASINI, ARE YOU OUT THERE. Madman here.If you get a chance, call me at my shop at 724-695-0188

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas!
Christmas Christmas 2