DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
i would be ok with just moving this weekend to next.
T&T sat then race on sunday Big Grin

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey10x2:
i would be ok with just moving this weekend to next.
T&T sat then race on sunday Big Grin

Thats no good considering I do my work schedule a month in advance so Im scheduled to work sunday. Plus I get tired of the TNT's boring

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Just my opinion, the poll on the website is uncalled for, we all have had the same opportunity to test our cars and it has rained. Everyone is equal in that aspect so why not just start the points racing season as scheduled. There are tracks who have already had 3 points races. I say we start point on time and everyone is equal with no testing time.

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmission
Jones RV

Posts: 47 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
i agree with kevin...just cause it has rained out the past couple weekends doesnt mean we need to push the start of points back. the off season was long enough...lets not make it longer.

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
If it starts, its tested, and if it moves its tuned! Laughing Put a dial on it and race!

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin Romeo:
Just my opinion, the poll on the website is uncalled for, we all have had the same opportunity to test our cars and it has rained. Everyone is equal in that aspect so why not just start the points racing season as scheduled. There are tracks who have already had 3 points races. I say we start point on time and everyone is equal with no testing time.

Here here, I applaud your opinion. We need to stay the course. What's on the schedule should be run. Put a dial on it and go race!

Posts: 178 | Location: Export | Registered: July 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 27Keith:
If it starts, its tested, and if it moves its tuned! Laughing Put a dial on it and race!

Thats how I do it.... Smile ...Thanks to Mark Verdoni and his welder my tranny mount is back in one piece too. Have you PRP regulars ever thought of having the opportunity of having a co-driver in points?....At both NYIRP and Dunn Tire they allow a co-driver who can run the # if the primary is out....Cost is an extra $25 toward the points fund at the time the primary signs up. You can only have one co-driver. Just a thought if anyone is interested. Makes it nice when vacations or breakage occures..

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Beaver Springs used to do that. Not sure if they still have that policy or not.

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Well I don't really have a dog in this fight but who's fault is it that their car wasn't ready for the days that they did get on the track? Not the track or the other racers so don't change thing to favor them.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
This may seem to be a silly question but isn't there a TnT this Thrurday? I know I'm planning on being there!

Posts: 90 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
to me, it doesnt matter because i will be there either way.

but i would say that a weekday T&T may be tough for some to make it there.
i know i live an hour from the track and dont get off work till 5. so im just guessing that most with daylight hours and live any distance from the track, it would be tough also.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
did scotty ever get his new car done yet??? Eyes

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I didnt mean to start trouble on here but I like what I am hearing. The track opened two times with beautiful weather. I was not even ready myself, I made two passes in the camaro and still needs tuned more from switching to alky! I dont even know if it will go down the track sat for points but I still would love to see points this sat. We have a t&t this thursday if you need it that bad then get there and make a few passes. What happens if it rains every weekend from now till June? We can just keep pushing it back?

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmission
Jones RV

Posts: 47 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Kev, Matt, all, I respect your opinion, as always. To me, I'm good either way, whether points start this week or not. What I think should be kept in mind is how many time decisions were made in the past, and racers said "why couldn't we have some input or have a vote on it?" Kudos to the track to looking to their customers for input.

Besides, unless the forecast changes for the weekend, the vote may be moot.

And I can't believe I'm going to agree with a Clowns fan... but I agree Keith! Laughing

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Well Chuck I would agree with getting input and votes on some things but some thing such as the schedule which was put out in January should be totally left to the track.I have considered running point there the past 2 years to get a little closer to home but last year didn't like the way 1st round winners got more points and that was done away with and once a schedule is finalized the only person changing it should be mother nature.The last year I ran points at quaker I was at the ten grand race at norwalk and quaker rained out points race on saturday then made announcement that they were running points that monday(memorial day) 2 days notice which was bull**** so leave the schedule as is and make them addapt to it.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
thanks to mark verdoni my car is in like 1200 pieces

quote:
Originally posted by 1355PRO:
quote:
Originally posted by 27Keith:

Thats how I do it.... Smile ...Thanks to Mark Verdoni and his welder my tranny mount is back in one piece too. Have you PRP regulars ever thought of having the opportunity of having a co-driver in points?....At both NYIRP and Dunn Tire they allow a co-driver who can run the # if the primary is out....Cost is an extra $25 toward the points fund at the time the primary signs up. You can only have one co-driver. Just a thought if anyone is interested. Makes it nice when vacations or breakage occures..

Posts: 191 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
i agree stick to the schedule. i dont understand why we are voting ? i just voted 4 times from different computers

quote:
Originally posted by Keith B.:
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin Romeo:

Here here, I applaud your opinion. We need to stay the course. What's on the schedule should be run. Put a dial on it and go race!

Posts: 191 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Then stop voting bud.

Posts: 51 | Location: Niles, OH | Registered: October 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Just visited the PRP site and the vote is gone. The last count I saw was 54% in favor of moving the first points day. That was out of 240 votes. I also saw that the text changed on the events with the May 1 date however it doesnt say if it will be 1ST POINT DAY or NO POINTS. Can someone fill us in as to what decision was made?

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
240 votes? Nice. There was a 151 racers in points last year. I realize the vote is open to the public, but with people like doorman stuffing the ballot box, I feel the racers have shot themselves in the foot for providing input, and the track should make the decision.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post