DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Yes, everyone but you.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Total my truck yesterday so looks like I'm out for this weekend... Frown

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Man Eric, that sucks. You ok?

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Ya...I'm fine Chuck...just lost a REALLY good truck.

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
damn eric, sorry to hear about your truck... hope there were no injuries... i'm assuming you weren't pulling your race car at the time?

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

Posts: 129 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: November 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ratty:
damn eric, sorry to hear about your truck... hope there were no injuries... i'm assuming you weren't pulling your race car at the time?

No one hurt and the car was safe at home Ratty..Wink

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this Eric. If you need a phone number for a new used one give Kyle Reasback a call. GREAT people to deal with and racers too.

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Great racing today for the first day of points. Kudos to the track crew for working hard all day, with 4 long oil downs.

Final round results:
Juniors 8-12:
Lauren Domino, 7.92 dial, 7.9192 ET, win, over Jamie McBride Jr, 9.24 dial, 9.1223 ET

Juniors 13-17:
Mason Gross, .070, 7.98 dial, 7.9826 ET, win, over Mark Vasbinder, .066, 8.00 dial, 8.0176 ET

2nd chance juniors:
Brian Holland, 9.46 dial, 9.4999 ET, win, over Thomas Vasbinder, 7.93 dial, 7.9253 ET

Trophy:
Al Novak Sr, Chevy pick up, 13.40 dial in, 13.3462 ET, win, over Dan Matis, '05 Malibu, 16.30 dial in, 16.2375 ET

Motorcycle:
Joe Devola, '11 Suzuki GSXR 750, .072, 11.05 dial, 11.0051, win, over Matt Wybiral, foul, 18.5320

Street:
Shawn Matis, .031, 12.00 dial, 12.0447 ET, win, over Rich Roup, .141, 13.84 dial, 13.8671 ET

Modified:
Alan Chamberlain, '86 Camaro, .030, 9.01 dial, 9.0306 ET, win, over Nick Bowman, .037, 11.33 dial, 11.3523 ET

Top:
Mark Romeo, '70 Nova, 10.43 dial, 10.4452 ET, win, over Mark Brewer, foul, '78 Mustang II, 11.30 dial, 24.20 ET

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
Thanks go out to Greg and the crew at Pittsburgh Raceway Park. I was one of the happy ones when Greg announced the 2 hour starting time. I use to LOVE our Friday night races at the old Keystone and to this day I love racing in the evening. I said this will be great IF. #1 oil downs were very limited, THEY WERE NOT. Not Greg's fault for this one. #2. You are going to have oil downs at a racetrack but holly heck guys. There are times you don't know you are laying down fluid but a couple of these major spills SHOULD NOT have been major. Not Greg's fault again. #3 I thought if only the jr. dragster program was wrapped up BEFORE our 3pm start. Didn't happen. But I can only hope for future improvements. Other than that GREAT JOB Greg and crew. on a very strange night at PRP.

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Chuck, I have a EEE shoe horn, would you like to borrow it?

Posts: 9 | Location: PA | Registered: December 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Bob, might need something bigger.

A million thanks to the Vasbinders for letting me run their '85 Mustang yesterday. I even found my way to the semis before taking a bit too much stripe.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
quote:
GREAT JOB Greg and crew. on a very strange night at PRP.

John, I'll agree with that - but not #3 I don't think it was the goal to get the juniors out before everyone started, they started later also.

While I'm guilty of not giving the track workers the thanks they deserve myself, I think the ladies and fellows did a great job on the first race day - actually much better than what I expected. Cool

Thanks for the winners updates Chuck, and you did a great job driving the old heap. When we were putting it together I thought we had built it to fit just about anyone, ....I guess we should have dropped the seat another couple of inches lol, I'm glad you got the season started out well.

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
Number 3 was me giving my opinion that they should be finished up before we start. Get the program over early and let kids be kids while the parents have their turn on the track. They start at what time and then still racing till what time. Get the program over. PLEASE.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
quote:
They start at what time and then still racing till what time.

Our 1st Time shot was 1:03 Pm, our last was 7:36Pm in the final.
Of course the junior program was delayed with several of the oil downs also, so they probably would have finished around the 6 pm area, barring the oil downs, which (just giving my opinion here) wouldn't be too long would it? Or how soon would you like to have the juniors out of the way so you could run?

.....jees it was the first day - it will get better.

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Now I remember why I quit reading this post for the longest time.

DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
You take things WAY to personal. The kids don't have to be the show all the time. They will get their chance in the spot-light soon enough.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve from Pa:
quote:

John, I'll agree with that - but not #3 I don't think it was the goal to get the juniors out before everyone started, they started later also.

While I'm guilty of not giving the track workers the thanks they deserve myself, I think the ladies and fellows did a great job on the first race day - actually much better than what I expected. Cool

Thanks for the winners updates Chuck, and you did a great job driving the old heap. When we were putting it together I thought we had built it to fit just about anyone, ....I guess we should have dropped the seat another couple of inches lol, I'm glad you got the season started out well.

Yes, the track crew deserves a huge round of applause. Oildowns happen, of course, but at least 2 drivers could have helped out by pulling over and stopping, like John said. Nick G did a great job getting slowed up and stopped in the dragster.

I think it's important that the juniors run some rounds in the big car rotation. They deserve recognition for being good bracket racers, and the class needs exposure in order to appeal to potential new drivers. Look at the junior drivers who are in big cars now... AJ and Shelly Casini, Mia Tedesco, Michael Barnyk, Jacob Benish, last year's Street champ, Jen Whalen, Mark Brewer, just off the top of my head. We need new drivers to keep the sport going, and juniors play an important part in that.

Steve, as long as I don't crack the glass in the T top, it's all good!! Big Grin

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
quote:
Originally posted by Steve from Pa:
quote:

Yes, the track crew deserves a huge round of applause. Oildowns happen, of course, but at least 2 drivers could have helped out by pulling over and stopping, like John said. Nick G did a great job getting slowed up and stopped in the dragster.

I think it's important that the juniors run some rounds in the big car rotation. They deserve recognition for being good bracket racers, and the class needs exposure in order to appeal to potential new drivers. Look at the junior drivers who are in big cars now... AJ and Shelly Casini, Mia Tedesco, Michael Barnyk, Jacob Benish, last year's Street champ, Jen Whalen, Mark Brewer, just off the top of my head. We need new drivers to keep the sport going, and juniors play an important part in that.

Steve, as long as I don't crack the glass in the T top, it's all good!! Big Grin

PRP is the only track I have run at that allows JR dragsters to run during the big car races. Not trying to stir the pot but I agree with John. They should run the entire JR program before a big even comes off a trailer IMHO. I wasn't there on Saturday so I can't speak on that subject.

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The only track I know of that does run the JR's all the way through is Norwalk, that I know of. I know QCMP likes to but the only time we were there for a regular race, we ran with big cars for an elimination round or 2. We race at 5 different Ohio tracks multiple times the last couple of years and we end up in rotation with the big cars at every one.

Eric, I see you have a picture of your car at Thompson, they also run JR's and big cars together as we race there about 3 times per season.

Personally I like running them early as long as they are given around 20 mins between runs as they need time to cool down, especially the big engines.

Posts: 480 | Location: PA | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BILL BARR
posted Hide Post
I've seen it done both ways and I think there is something to be gained with having the last couple of rounds of Jr's run with the big cars in that it gives the class some exposure. Look around, there is less and less new blood coming into this sport every year. Growing this class should benefit ALL of us, not just those currently running Jr's.

BILL BARR

Posts: 206 | Location: BUTLER PA | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post