DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
JoeyB, no you do not have to be part of the Pro-Am in order to race either bracket race. The bracket races are PRP Events. However, there will likely be a good number of Pro-Am racers mixing in with what will hopefully be a good number of our own racers.

Posts: 114 | Location: Saltsburg, PA | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
im sooo excited to get this race season underway....CANNOT WAIT!! lets start this weekend....heard were supposed to get 70 degree weather?? ill be there lol

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
just gotta say WOW!!!!

greg, you guys are definitely making PRP the place to race.

cant wait to get the season started.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
heard prp is bringing buy backs back this year.are you going to be able to collect round $$$$ or is it the same as b4 no round $$ ??

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
heard prp is bringing buy backs back this year.are you going to be able to collect round $$$$ or is it the same as b4 no round $$ ??
Didnt hear about buy backs coming back. That would be nice. If they do comeback I would like to see them as a reentry round before the beginning of 2nd round. Would make it easy to justify round money for the buybacks.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I haven't heard anything either. I like the reentry idea also, but I'm good with whatever... second chance race, buybacks, reentry, it's nice to have the option to take another shot at the track.

All the more reason to make it to the racers meeting next Sunday, to see what the 2010 season has in store!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
If you are collecting votes, mine will be to stay with the second chance race and
NO buybacks. If we have buybacks you have to beat the same people twice and I think it screws with the points race.
(of course we all know what opinions are like...) Laughing

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Greg...if we choose to run the bonus races at the divisional...can we run our class set-up's?

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Mister Super Rod, in the past they let the Pro Am racers run their set ups.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
I talked to Greggy earlier and he told me that last year there were 61 scheduled racing days. This year there are 96. HOLY CRAP.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is how I remember it as well.

quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
I talked to Greggy earlier and he told me that last year there were 61 scheduled racing days. This year there are 96. HOLY CRAP.

Wow!!! Thats awesome, cars are going to get a workout this year!!!!

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thats awesome! I better start building my back up engine now to get a jump on things Big Grin I hope we can bring in more racers this year. I have already heard nothing but good things on some other sites I go on from guys that normally have nothing but negative things to say.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Damn 96 races I am with you Mikey I need to put together a backup motor to make it through the season. PRP is definitely the Place to Race 2010.

Going to be a good year.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Man...sounds like you guys need to get Dean Pollock (724-532-0210) to build your stuff...no need for a backup Ice Cream not worthy

MR-Had to say it...lol

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I need somebody to build it...LOL The one thats in the car I put together. Its been good so far but this is going on the third hard season of double classing, double entering, second chance racing, .... All I know is its got a lot of runs. It will hold up though. Shamrock

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
If mine breaks, I'm blaming it on Benish and Deniker. Big Grin

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have never broke an engine yet but that little 302 factory block is being tested. I have broke oil pump drive shafts but I solved that problem.

I dont so much as need Dean to build my engines but it would be nice to have a "Dean Pollock" in general to supply them Big Grin

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thank you Sir. Top Sportsman.. not worthy Big Grin..are you partaking in the IHRA event TS-Tony?

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I would love to partake in the event but my car doesnt fit any designated classes. i have the dragster but it doesnt run right now and probably wont this season.

If anyone is looking for a shoe that weekend let me know.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJ Casini:
I would love to partake in the event but my car doesnt fit any designated classes. i have the dragster but it doesnt run right now and probably wont this season.

If anyone is looking for a shoe that weekend let me know.

AJ...will your car run 10.90?.....my friend Carey ran his in a couple of divisionals footbraking his 10.60 Roadrunner in H/R...he actually did quite well.

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow