DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Thats actually not the case, we go to 1/8th mile pretty often due to weather or other things outside the tracks control.

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
That was easy! Big Grin

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Then it should be a no brainer to make this 1/8 mile from the get go.

When do they switch? After one guy crashes? Two? More?

Thought it was abought being safe in the 1st place. Not after the fact? Hum

2nd Race this year I "WAS" going to attend.

Posts: 212 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Dion, give it a rest already. Yes we know you don't like running 1/4 mile there. That's your perrogative and I respect your decision to not want to race there. But the fact is, the track is perfectly safe running 1/4 mile. If you don't think so, that's fine. Obviously you think the track is unsafe, and I honestly don't know why you think that.

PRP has one of the best surfaces one could ever want to race on. It's ALWAYS prepped right and if Keith thinks there is a reason that they should run 1/8th they will.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Hey, I'm not knocking you. If I thought a track was unsafe, I wouldn't race there either. But PRP isn't unsafe

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JordanPR22:
Maybe my footage is not good since I like to look at the other guy too? Maybe we would really just like to see video of someone hitting the gas and not driving the car at all...

Here's an onboard video of Jordan on his Honda. Car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...OwevH6Q&feature=plcp

Posts: 85 | Location: Johnstown, PA | Registered: June 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VX96:
Then it should be a no brainer to make this 1/8 mile from the get go.

When do they switch? After one guy crashes? Two? More?

Thought it was abought being safe in the 1st place. Not after the fact? Hum

2nd Race this year I "WAS" going to attend.

Why would you go 1/8th mile from the get go. It is a 1/4 mile track and always has been. We run all year 1/4 mile without issues, why is it an issue now. And yes we have very fast rails and door cars that run weekly.

It has always been a 1/4 mile race and it has been packed with racers every year. If you make it a 1/8 mile race you gain some and you will lose some.

If the wind, temp or rain is an issue they may go 1/8th if not its a 1/4 mile race.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Tony, never said I thought the track was unsafe.

Im sure you know a certain few TopSportman racers that would differ on that!

Everyone knows I think all races should be 1/8 mile. But to be honest I dont mind racing 1/4 at QCMP or NRP. Not because of the track prep. Because if you have a problem stoping, you have time to react if there is a problem. At PRP if ANY problem arises you have one choice, SAND. My car goes 175-180 1/4 mile. That alot to ask out of your brakes in a 7-9 round race.

And again. Would rather be safe then sorry. And would think that would be any tracks way of thinking. Although most tracks wait till something unfortunate happens.

Posts: 212 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Balaska347, Ask Keith your track prep guy what happens when Temp & Dew Point equal each other. Thats something that happens this time of year! You look at the forcast?

Hell PRP won the Bracket Finals. So it isnt like PRP racers dont know how to race 1/8.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Temp meets dew point, now you sound like Bader Jr. If the conditions warrant changing to 1/8th, they will.

Does your car have a chute? I personally think that any car going near 180 at any track should be using it. But that's just my opinion.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
Temp meets dew point, now you sound like Bader Jr. If the conditions warrant changing to 1/8th, they will.

Does your car have a chute? I personally think that any car going near 180 at any track should be using it. But that's just my opinion.

I don't need a track prep guy to tell me what happens when air temps meet the dew point. I don't care if they run 1/8 mile. I like running the 1/8th mile and I won the 2010 bracket finals in modified which was 1/8 mile so I don't think it's an issue with me.

My point is, like Tony said, if it is warranted they will change to eighth mile and by the looks of it it is likely. But until then it's 1/4 mile.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
i wonder if agent pink posts on youtube alot too lol nick has haters all over the place but one thing is for sure...the dude can race and will wear you out. when he loses...it just makes the price of admission so much more worth it haha i got your back nick Smile

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
I actually don't mind 1/8 mile racing. Your just making noise the second half anyway.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Red or Dead MOPAR
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys haha. typical shmub is all... n as for the 8th mile talk, ya baby!!! i say friday 8th, saturday 1/4 and sunday 8th. Golden

Nick Bowman
2x Pittsburgh Raceway Park Modified Points Champion
1970 Plymouth Duster
"Footbrake/No Box"

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Matt W 84
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John_Gover:

I knew he was a sandbagger.... 7.75 on TnT and dials 10.50s on race day.

"Pissing excellence since 1974."

Posts: 25 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: June 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JordanPR22:
Maybe my footage is not good since I like to look at the other guy too? Maybe we would really just like to see video of someone hitting the gas and not driving the car at all...

That's pretty cool. Can we get that video?

Posts: 153 | Location: the Heights of Brighton | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
just wondering something!!why do the pro mods only run 8th mile?they have chutes also!just wondering.

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:

I agree 100% on that one Tony.

I wish the shutdown was longer as well, but that said, I make-do by usually only running to the 1000ft for testing. WIth the 1000ft speed trap, it makes it nice to test. If you have a 180mph car and are only bracket racing, why not just turn the car down?

I am not a fan of 1/8th mile racing at all. That said, if you have a car (or bike) that is pretty extreme, sometimes you (car owner / driver) need to do what you need to do. No need to make the whole field run 1/8th mile just to acommodate a few racers.

I still can't believe there isn't a chute on a car that runs 180. If I could put a chute on my bike in any sort of realistic manner, I would, if only for those "just in case" moments.

All that said, I have seen some cases whrer the prep on the top end of the track really isn't on par with the front half. Most don't notice it, but if you have a forced induction vehicle and can really put some power out on the back half, new things seem to pop up. Just need to tune to the track conditions thought. Not every pass is going to be a record capable pass.

Posts: 85 | Location: Johnstown, PA | Registered: June 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of JordanPR22
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt W 84:
quote:

I knew he was a sandbagger.... 7.75 on TnT and dials 10.50s on race day.

Guess the cat is out of the bag... Party

Jordan Haase
PR22
MiROCK # 2253

2009 Honda CBR 600RR
1982 Kawasaki GPz 550
team HARD racing - 1320 Psychos

Brock's Performance - GMS Racing Engines - Z&M Cycles - M&M Leather - JW Kustomz

FOREVER 53

Posts: 165 | Location: Irwin, PA | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of top comp
posted Hide Post
quote:

X2

Posts: 59 | Location: toledo | Registered: December 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post