DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of top comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
no problem mr dave,my car runs as fast as my wallet can allow it,just asking why pro mods only run 8th!!i dont have an issue with 1/4 mile.would prefer 8th,but,hell breaks and rotors are cheap,,right?
quote:
Originally posted by D N J R: Smilecheap? mine are carbon( I'll let you buy me a set of pads Smile
quote:
EyesOriginally posted by prest911:
just wondering something!!why do the pro mods only run 8th mile?they have chutes also!just wondering.
EyesI have two chutes and I use them there Wave

Bill I hate to do this to you but you asked. Our cars run MPH in the 1/8th that your car can't run in a 1/4 mile sorry.
and that's still mean Rolling

Posts: 59 | Location: toledo | Registered: December 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by top comp:
Eyes next time you're in the lanes wondering what the hold up is ,check and see if there cleaning the last half the track because there was a street or pro car trashing a motor without a diapor on it.that takes more time that than running 50 pairs down the track( if you have a big show with a lot of cars, first you have more cars that might break second, you have a bunch of guys upset that they only get to make one time trial)before anybody says anything I know the fast guys mess up the track to, but most of those cars have a contanment system on them-- I know I upset someone someway someware Praying

so is that why they do it? a lot higher chance that the slower cars will oil the track in the back half? to prevent oil down delays? i guess that would make sense, but i don't see too many slower cars blowing up... the blowing up seems to increase with the power level... the more power, the more chance of an oildown (not including just street cars with bad maintenance habits... you'll see that sometimes on a Test & Tune night...), but on race days, I don't usually see the slower cars blowing up and oiling the track... or maybe i've just been missing it, while wiping down my little oil leaks between rounds (hey, i'm fixing those! that's why i haven't been around the past few weeks... hah)...

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

Posts: 129 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: November 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
i missed the point the 1st time,so what your saying is the pro mods are to fast to run the qtr mile at prp??fyi.my junk can run 175 at prp,that is fast as he ll in the 8th for you i agree..
quote:
Originally posted by D N J R:
quote:
just wondering something!!why do the pro mods only run 8th mile?they have chutes also!just wondering.

Bill I hate to do this to you but you asked. Our cars run MPH in the 1/8th that your car can't run in a 1/4 mile sorry.

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, I remember aggie hendricks going mid 5's at close to 300mph in the mid 1980's with less shutdown!
quote:
quote:
no problem mr dave,my car runs as fast as my wallet can allow it,just asking why pro mods only run 8th!!i dont have an issue with 1/4 mile.would prefer 8th,but,hell breaks and rotors are cheap,,right?
quote:
Originally posted by D N J R: Smilecheap? mine are carbon( I'll let you buy me a set of pads Smile
quote:
EyesOriginally posted by prest911:
EyesI have two chutes and I use them there Wave

and that's still mean Rolling
Confused

Posts: 36 | Location: City of Champions | Registered: June 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
For me personally, it doesn't matter. I like the 1/4 because it's definetly more fun. And, I like the 1/8th because it's easier on equipment.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Smile just a quick question or two,how fast is your car? and do you want to race or just run your car? why? because there nothing wrong with wanting to beat on your your car,that's why most people do this. now if you want to race that's a differant story.bracket racing is a game of skills,hitting the tree knowing your car and driving the stripe.running the 1/4 mile you have so much more time to get it right,1/8 mile, like it or not take a little more skill because you have to to do the sameting in much less time.I bracket raced for over 40 years,and I find the 1/8 mile races make you feel a little better when you win for this reason alone.this and the fact that that most engine and driveline damage is done in the last 1/8 mile(track clean up)this and safety are most of the reasons we run the 1/8.over the years I've been to many races that changed to 1/8 after 1 or 2 time trials for one reason or another(I'm pretty sure the owners don't do to run us off,they have a good reason or they wouldn't change the format Wave
My car goes 11.50’s on the throttle stop (no roll bar), high 10’s-low 11’s without the stop (depending on conditions). I want to both compete and run my car! When I go to a track I want to race my car more, not less. I usually double enter a lot of specialty races because of that.

Drag racers I’ve noticed don’t have much perspective when it comes to safety. Being around drag strips most of my life I hear/see one or two wrecks every year on average. Pro-mods usually have maybe a half dozen per year? Statistically that’s insignificant. By comparison if I don’t go to PRP this weekend I’ll probably take my sport bike to a track day. On average there are about 4 or 5 guys that go down EVERY DAY!!!! And I’ll get six 20 minute sessions of track time there. Compare that to 4-9 rounds per day at PRP this weekend. And then they’ll reduce that down to 1/8 mile? No thanks! All I ask is to be given a timely heads up.

Posts: 90 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Okay Mike, here's your heads up

Just talked to Carmen, 1/4 mile unless the weather is bad, then MAYBE they'll run 1/8. But, as of right now, 1/4 mile

Don't know if that's good enough for you, but that's all I got.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
For me personally, it doesn't matter. I like the 1/4 because it's definetly more fun. And, I like the 1/8th because it's easier on equipment.

X2 I love them both. I just wanna race.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just talked to Carmen, 1/4 mile unless the weather is bad, then MAYBE they'll run 1/8. But, as of right now, 1/4 mile

Sounds pretty simple to me. For those that dont understand, the race is a scheduled 1/4 mile race and will stay that way unless it is forced to go 1/8 mile. You cant be mad at PRP if they have to go 1/8 mile during the weekend due to some reason and you already showed up like they had it planned secretly.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
See what you started Tony. Big Grin Roll Eyes

Posts: 212 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:

thanks Tony! That's good enough for me I'll be down tomorrow!

Posts: 90 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of top comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Donnelly:
quote:
Smile just a quick question or two,how fast is your car? and do you want to race or just run your car? why? because there nothing wrong with wanting to beat on your your car,that's why most people do this. now if you want to race that's a differant story.bracket racing is a game of skills,hitting the tree knowing your car and driving the stripe.running the 1/4 mile you have so much more time to get it right,1/8 mile, like it or not take a little more skill because you have to to do the sameting in much less time.I bracket raced for over 40 years,and I find the 1/8 mile races make you feel a little better when you win for this reason alone.this and the fact that that most engine and driveline damage is done in the last 1/8 mile(track clean up)this and safety are most of the reasons we run the 1/8.over the years I've been to many races that changed to 1/8 after 1 or 2 time trials for one reason or another(I'm pretty sure the owners don't do to run us off,they have a good reason or they wouldn't change the format Wave
My car goes 11.50’s on the throttle stop (no roll bar), high 10’s-low 11’s without the stop (depending on conditions). I want to both compete and run my car! When I go to a track I want to race my car more, not less. I usually double enter a lot of specialty races because of that.

Drag racers I’ve noticed don’t have much perspective when it comes to safety. Being around drag strips most of my life I hear/see one or two wrecks every year on average. Pro-mods usually have maybe a half dozen per year? Statistically that’s insignificant. By comparison if I don’t go to PRP this weekend I’ll probably take my sport bike to a track day. On average there are about 4 or 5 guys that go down EVERY DAY!!!! And I’ll get six 20 minute sessions of track time there. Compare that to 4-9 rounds per day at PRP this weekend. And then they’ll reduce that down to 1/8 mile? No thanks! All I ask is to be given a timely heads up.
Eyeshigh 10s to low 11s with no roll bar?you must be one of the guys you are talking about.(statistically that's insignificant-unless it's you)thats the nice thing about beening in the USA you can make up your own mind about how you live your life.no bar no diaper and going 1/4 mile racing,some guys will never have a problem as long as they race,others will.been there done that,and ain't planning on doing it again,and I had all the good stuff in the car.but hey im getting off my soap box now,best of luck to you ,hope you win a lot of rounds Off topic This thread is dead

Posts: 59 | Location: toledo | Registered: December 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
My point was that one is probably statistically close to being likely to get in a wreck driving on public roads during the week than they are to be in a wreck running at a drag strip.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VX96:
See what you started Tony. Big Grin Roll Eyes

ME? So, are you coming? You don't have to race, you can show up with the beer. I'll drink with you.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of top comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ratty:
quote:
Eyes next time you're in the lanes wondering what the hold up is ,check and see if there cleaning the last half the track because there was a street or pro car trashing a motor without a diapor on it.that takes more time that than running 50 pairs down the track( if you have a big show with a lot of cars, first you have more cars that might break second, you have a bunch of guys upset that they only get to make one time trial)before anybody says anything I know the fast guys mess up the track to, but most of those cars have a contanment system on them-- I know I upset someone someway someware Praying

so is that why they do it? a lot higher chance that the slower cars will oil the track in the back half? to prevent oil down delays? i guess that would make sense, but i don't see too many slower cars blowing up... the blowing up seems to increase with the power level... the more power, the more chance of an oildown (not including just street cars with bad maintenance habits... you'll see that sometimes on a Test & Tune night...), but on race days, I don't usually see the slower cars blowing up and oiling the track... or maybe i've just been missing it, while wiping down my little oil leaks between rounds (hey, i'm fixing those! that's why i haven't been around the past few weeks... hah)...
Smileyou should have been with us at indy for the mopar race-3 days 17 hours of track clean up-90% pro cars.I rest my case-they all blow up,but some have enough stuff on the car so they don't trash the track when it happens/I know about oiling the track if you remember I took the oil filter off with the blower belt,and I don't know any else that has oiled the track that way.it happens to every type of car,stock rods, cast cranks and other oem type parts fail .that last 1/8 mile is very hard on that type of part, even the best part have limits. Banging Head

DRR Sportsman
Picture of top comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
My point was that one is probably statistically close to being likely to get in a wreck driving on public roads during the week than they are to be in a wreck running at a drag strip.
you're probley right, just remember that somebody has to be the statistic at the track Rulez

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Anyone know what it costs just to race Saturday?..Doorman is making me go...lol

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
$65...just found it myself...now to find a dog sitter.

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
http://www.wtae.com/weather/We.../6aflno/-/index.html

I'm hoping for that forecast. Looks like some racing can/will happen with that forecast.

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
you're probley right, just remember that somebody has to be the statistic at the track Rulez

and it sometimes only takes one fatality at a track to close a track (in the least, their insurance rates will skyrocket, and that gets passed down to the racers)... not to mention an incredible amount of bad publicity... public roads aren't shut down when there's a fatality, few other than the family's involved, hardly even remember it the next week

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

Posts: 129 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: November 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post