DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
quote:

Jeff - Friday Night at the Races is the same as last year, I believe. 10.00 and up, 9.99 and quicker, each class paying $600 to win, $200 runner up, $75 semis. Friday will also have a quick 16, 8 door cars and 8 dragsters. Must pay for class when entering gate - cannot sit and wait to see what the bump will be, then enter. Sunday, 2 classes, box and no box, 2 purses, each $45 entry, $1000 to win, $350 runner up, $100 semis, $15 round money starting second round win.

Chuck the Q 8 on Friday is that a bracket deal or pro lite no breakout?
And what about Sat the PPM and Outlaw Dragsters? Is that still scheduled?
confused obviously normal Rolling

with us it really is "Rocket Science"
www.mindsciencemotorsports.com

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
Random Thought...

i think PRP should have a Back-Up Girl contest one day Big Grin

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

Posts: 129 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: November 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Obvious:
Chuck the Q 8 on Friday is that a bracket deal or pro lite no breakout?
And what about Sat the PPM and Outlaw Dragsters? Is that still scheduled?
confused obviously normal Rolling

Obviously, I am not Chuck, but to my understanding Friday will be a Q-16 8 door cars and 8 dragsters and will be qualified but will be a dial in/breakout format. The PPM and Outlaw Dragsters will still go on as scheduled for Saturday.

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
What Mark said... obviously.

Non-qualifiers of the Q16 will be put into the 9.99 and quicker class I believe.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
what is the payout for q16?and also payout for sunday?thank you..

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Asphalt Wars at Pittsburgh Raceway Park.

In a continuing effort to turn the races at Thompson and Pittsburgh into a series we are going to start calling the races at both tracks Asphalt Wars featuring Outlaw Pro Mods and Outlaw Dragsters. Jim Curtis and Ken Edgar at Thompson Raceway Park and the Tedesco family at Pittsburgh Raceway Park all see the value of working together to promote these races. They realize it is good for the tracks and good for the racers. Other than the name not much is changing at either track. Both tracks already run under similar rules and race procedures and each track will be responsible for their own entry fees, payouts and sponsorships. We are doing this to help us co-promote the races to the fans and in the media. Many of us have talked for some time about forming some sort of racers group or association to help promote these races and that may still happen in the future. There are already a bunch of organizations out there putting on these type of races; PMRA, EOPM, NEOPM, etc. I felt that one more group with a name like that would just get lost in the alphabet soup of organizations and the fans wouldn’t necessarily know what it is. The name change is something we could do quickly and easily to form one identity for the races at both tracks. Jim Curtis has allowed us to appropriate the name he has been using for years at Thompson and apply it to the races at Pittsburgh as well. Asphalt Wars has quite a fan following at Thompson and hopefully we can get those fans to Pittsburgh and the Pittsburgh fans will follow the series to Thompson.

Some information about the Asphalt Wars race at Pittsburgh Saturday May 26. Teams running in the Outlaw Pro Mod and Outlaw Dragster classes on Saturday may come in Friday night and test for free. You will have to go down to the gate on Saturday to pay your entry for the Asphalt Wars race. You cannot enter the Quick 16 race Friday night if you are racing in the Asphalt Wars on Saturday. Gates open Friday at 5 PM. All Asphalt Wars competitors will pit up at the far end of the track in the grass. The area around the starting line that the Pro Mod teams used for pits in the past has been used up for expanded staging lanes. Gates open at 9 AM Saturday. Projected qualifying times are 2 and 4 PM with first round of eliminations at 6 PM, weather and schedule permitting.

If you need additional information call me at 412-716-1252

Posts: 153 | Location: the Heights of Brighton | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Junior dragsters Sunday?? STEWART

Posts: 230 | Location: Fairmont, WV | Registered: November 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Tom will the Pro Mods be able to make test runs on Friday Night as in the past ? Thanks David

Posts: 36 | Location: pgh pa | Registered: January 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
thought prp was having a "big"money race this sunday?

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Dave, you baiting me???? Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Tom Lang:

Some information about the Asphalt Wars race at Pittsburgh Saturday May 26. Teams running in the Outlaw Pro Mod and Outlaw Dragster classes on Saturday may come in Friday night and test for free. You will have to go down to the gate on Saturday to pay your entry for the Asphalt Wars race. You cannot enter the Quick 16 race Friday night if you are racing in the Asphalt Wars on Saturday. Gates open Friday at 5 PM. All Asphalt Wars competitors will pit up at the far end of the track in the grass. The area around the starting line that the Pro Mod teams used for pits in the past has been used up for expanded staging lanes. Gates open at 9 AM Saturday. Projected qualifying times are 2 and 4 PM with first round of eliminations at 6 PM, weather and schedule permitting.

If you need additional information call me at 412-716-1252

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Hey yeall, i asked earlier about this to my buddy Chuck but just wanna make sure. Sunday is a box $1000 to win and no-box 1000 to win with a $45 entry. They will have re entries but NO i repeat NO round money if you buy back! Sombody please correct me if im wrong? If not see you sunday!!
Lou

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Red or Dead MOPAR
posted Hide Post
BILL i am saying the same thing...Mason Dixon pays $3k in Super and $1500 in Pro sat sun mon, just FYI.

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Good job promoting another track.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Tony, are you complaining or just offering an opinion? Big Grin

Actually, there are a lot of choices relatively close if you look. All depends on how you want to spend your holiday weekend, and how much fuel money to spend as well.

For the locals, PRP has a good alternative to travel. Sunday's program has been tweaked:

This Sunday May 27 is our annual Memorial Bash race.

2 classes, Box and No Box.

Each class pays $1000 to the winner, $350 R/U, and $100 Semi's, $15 round money after 2nd round win. (Buy Backs STILL do not get round money)

Entry is only $45 for each class.

Buy Backs $20 after first round loss only.

Gates open 9am, 2 time trials start at 10am.

Junior's All-Run class. Entry $25

Winner $100, R/U $50, Semi's $25. No Buy Backs or round money

DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
updated points are posted finally if anyone is interested....

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

Posts: 129 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: November 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
quote:

Really,I must be an idiot cause I can't find them?
.....on the main page go up to the top and click on race results - then points - it still shows points of 5-8-12?

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve from Pa:
quote:

Really,I must be an idiot cause I can't find them?
.....on the main page go up to the top and click on race results - then points - it still shows points of 5-8-12?

probably just need to clear your cache... it's showing 5-22-12 currently...

http://www.pittsburghracewaypa...2_current_points.pdf

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Matt W 84
posted Hide Post
Can someone explain how you can get points for a raceday BEFORE you joined the points? Is that allowed?

"Pissing excellence since 1974."

Posts: 25 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: June 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The link works for me but when I go to the site I still get the first weeks points.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post