DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Grim isn't the word

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Its too early. Ill bet its fine Saturday and sunday but rain friday.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Just picked up my motor tonight and the car hasn't made paint yet..for your sakes folks I hope the weather holds out. But I will be doing a rain dance for me and hoping for a resheduled Nitro Jam Big Grin

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Did anyone try to buy Nitro-Jam tickets online? Save $5 a piece and then they charge an $8 "order fee"...seems like a stupid system. I will just wait to see what happens Saturday weather wise etc.

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Eric, I was wondering why I havent seen you out this year.

I will be going to the Lady A concert with the wife this weekend since there are no points. I have to take the opportunity when its there.

I hope for nice weather this weekend and a good turn out for PRP.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
Grim isn't the word

Nope, it isn't. Friday looks wet, depends on when it moves out. But Saturday and Sunday look pretty good. I'd gladly take a 30% chance, if it means temps aren't brain-meltingly hot like last weekend. Can't argue with 70 degree temps for racing.

Mikey, get me a good pic of Hillary Scott. In the words of Pepe LePew, she = le rrrooowwwrrrr
Big Grin

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
hae to agree with you there chuck, hillary is " SMOKE'N!!!!!

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
i don't know man, i never trust weather forecasters.... it's nice out right now, so all i see is a great weekend and some track records...

wait, doesn't PRP have a list of track records? is there such a thing? gotta be...

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

Posts: 129 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: November 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
Yum yum metal teeth are good food. Fixed and ready for more umm gentle use Laughing

Yes every single one is cracked

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
wow.... do i dare ask what else did it break in the process?

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

Posts: 129 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: November 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Ratty, Ed breaks stufff all the time. It's just a matter of how impressive the next break is. This one is pretty good, up there with the axle tube that rotated the tire into the wheelwell lip. Ed insists on dropping the clutch at 6500 or so off the line.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Ratty, Ed breaks stufff all the time. It's just a matter of how impressive the next break is. This one is pretty good, up there with the axle tube that rotated the tire into the wheelwell lip. Ed insists on dropping the clutch at 6500 or so off the line.

Whaaaaat! Come now I make it about 2 years before I see carnage.

Now I'd leave at 6500 if there was enough traction. 6200 is most I can manage with my current setup and believe me I have tried...cough 6800...cough. If it's not breaking, then I'm not trying hard enough Wink

Brandon Alsept told me he has seen that on 15 pinions over the years and switched to a 9" because of it.

Ratty, only the pinion. Ring gear was perfect shape.

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Galanda:

Ratty, only the pinion. Ring gear was perfect shape.

wow i can't believe the ring gear didn't get hurt... i figured the ring gear got trashed, caps broken, and it broke the case as well... boy did you get lucky

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
weather is super nice, super cool... it's cleared up for E-town, they'll smash some more records today i bet (both TF and FC got destroyed last night)... i wonder if PRP will be a go today, guess they won't know till the last minute, later this afternoon maybe

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
and they be racing!!! very windy, but dry so far

http://www.1320go.com/pittsburgh/livetiming.php

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
Wow what a night of racing at PRP. Congratulations to Kevin Romeo for taking the win in a tough top dragster class. Congratulations also to Scotty Campbell for winning the 8.90 class. Also congratulations to Mia Tedesco for taking 2nd in Top Dragster, Chris Echas (spelling) also made it down to 3 cars. Lots of Pittsburgh racers were racing late into the night going rounds and keeping things very interesting. Thanks go out to the Tedesco's for giving us a GREAT track to race at every week and the employee's for all their hard work.

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Awesome job by Kevin and Scotty! They were simply on! First rd, Scotty drew last year's SSS box champ JP Schuster, and dropped a .008 package. Kevin in the quarters I think beat last year's TD champ. They earned their spots for sure! Congrats to both!!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
points have been updated if anyone is interested... i went from 16th to 17th! woohoo! kill me.. lol

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
and yeah, congrats to everyone who won and ran well this weekend...

and wow, what a race between kevin and mia in the final on sunday... .0010 MOV by kevin... doesn't get much closer than that!

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ratty:
points have been updated if anyone is interested... i went from 16th to 17th! woohoo! kill me.. lol

Mine are still wrong - I have contacted Jamie a couple of times. Just Joan

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post