DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
I hear Ya. Have a safe and Merry Christmas.

with us it really is "Rocket Science"
www.mindsciencemotorsports.com

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
yea...i can't really picture chuck in a different ride...unless it was a mopar...he'd look good in a mopar! BTW...the hot rod truck is for sale...first 15 grand takes it

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
Chuck your not bailing wire or duct taping anything. That heap is getting quarters, wheel houses, fenders and whatever else you have collected then put in primer and your gonna like it.

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
not worthy Hey Chuck-- I just wanna say THANKS for the Thursday dinner get together at the Boulevard-- Everything was great, good food-- great bunch of guys, and great conversations. Looking forward to another one, maybe between now, and the Practice Tree race in Feb. Keep us posted-- Dean Big Grin

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmissions
87 Buick Regal

Posts: 116 | Location: Latrobe.Pa. | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
check out my new website that was just redone. www.jasonweaverracing.com sign the guestbook so i knew you were there!its on the right side of the page above the for sale link.

Photobucket
Jason Weaver

Posts: 208 | Location: Saxton, PA | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of JordanPR22
posted Hide Post
the new website looks sick Jason....
nice upgrade to the site... who did the work on it?

Jordan Haase
PR22
MiROCK # 2253

2009 Honda CBR 600RR
1982 Kawasaki GPz 550
team HARD racing - 1320 Psychos

Brock's Performance - GMS Racing Engines - Z&M Cycles - M&M Leather - JW Kustomz

FOREVER 53

Posts: 165 | Location: Irwin, PA | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
well last weekend ryan was sled riding in the back yard and had a little accident.
kinda tried to push away from a tree and broke leg. he said that when he got his cast that he was going to get a pink one because only real men can wear pink Eyes
well i finally got a pic of his cast.
i honestly thought he was joking when he said it was pink. but i think this thing would actually glow in the dark Red Face

nnow he has another 5 weeks of this cast then another 3 with a walking cast to go yet.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
I just saw on another website that PRP will be hosting a UMTR 'stick shift' race on September 18th.

That is the weekend before the 2010 Bracket Finals.

Has the track always used the weekend before the Bracket Finals for specialty events?

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I know I'm a little early but, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I hope you all enjoy the holidays with your family and friends. God Bless!

Congratulations AJ and Brianna!!!!!

Posts: 199 | Location: PA | Registered: September 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Triple, PRP has had the PID Reunion race and nostalgia event in around this time slot in September for quite a few years now. It's just the way the schedule worked out, that's all. I don't know how the rest of the folks feel about it, but having the "handshakers" in to race, and a points meet for them as well, is something to look forward to.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
Andamo...

I knew there wasn't a general bracket race the weekend before the Bracket Finals in 2009 (seems like it was either bikes, diesels, or the street legal race) and just wondered if this was normal course of scheduling.

The UMTR guys put on a good show. They tend to have their best car counts in their season's first few events but their numbers seem to fall off some as the year goes on.

Winding those motors to the moon and dumping the clutch is very hard on the equipment and we all know attrition can be late in the year.

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Ed, let me know when you're ready... I have the quarters, outer wheelwells, and trunk sitting in the garage.

Dean, very glad we were all able to get together. I'm just sorry I didn't get to mingle more. I'm sure we can work out a mid winter "beat the blahs" get together.

And happy belated birthday, Dean-O!!

Site looks great, Jason!

Jeff, ouch! Best wishes to Ryan for a quick and painless recovery. He must have busted it up good for 8 weeks of casts.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
thanks chuck.
i think they want it on that long because of where it was broken at. its right above his ankle. and the crack extends down to the end of the bone at his ankle. they even had him see a pediotrist before they would even cast it.
he is taking the boredom pretty well.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
All, please keep Bill Dornin in your thoughts and prayers. The PRP site was updated with what he has been going through the last 2 months.
OOOooooowwwwch! Best wishes for Bill to recover nicely and quickly.

Motorcycle racer Bill Dornin, long time supporter of KR/PRP as an engine builder, tuner, and racer, was injured during the Bike Bash event, going down at the finish line at about 130mph. He has a list of injuries to recover and rehabilitate from:
Hairline fracture of the left heel leaving him immobile (he is not allowed to put any weight on it still - maybe on Christmas)
Left forearm fractured
Left hand severely broken (9 pins, 1 to be removed soon - ongoing therapy for finger motion and hand strength)
Multiple left and right fractured ribs
Left elbow - severe road-rash to the bone
Knees - road-rash

Bill is being cared for at:
Mountainview Specialty Care Center
Bill Dornin - Room 215D
227 Sand Hill Road
Greensburg, PA 15601
724-537-7360 extension 237 (nurses station)

Please keep Bill in your thoughts and prayers, and drop a card or letter to the address above to wish him a full recovery.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
Chuck you have heat in that garage? Wink

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Ed, yeah right, him and Barnett together will have enough GAS to heat the garage up LMAO.

On another note, I want everyone to consider the World of Wheels carshow this year, it is going to be huge and themed on us. It is a big market place for us to show what we do and help start building spectators. We have alot going for us in 2010 and I am hoping to take this oppertunity and run with it.

PRP will be at the World of Wheels January 22-24!

Pittsburgh Raceway Park will be the presenting sponsor of Drag City USA at the World of Wheels car show, January 22-24 at the Convention Center in Pittsburgh! Drag racing past and present will be intertwined, as on display will be Connie Kalitta's "Bounty Hunter", Don "The Snake" Prudhomme's "Wynns Winder", and not one, not two, but THREE of Don Garlits' Swamp Rats: the 1960 Swamp Rat III, the 1962 Swamp Rat IV, and 1966 Swamp Rat VIII! PRP will have a booth there, and a display of cars. If you are a racer and would like to display your car in the PRP section, please email Greg Miller at miller@pittsburghracewaypark.com with your name, address, and phone number. Cost is $50 and includes 2 weekend passes to the show. Greg will work with World of Wheels to group all the drag cars together. This will be one show you do not want to miss - in addition to PRP and the classic front engine diggers, PID (Pennsylvania International Dragway) will also have a great display of cars from the PID era!

If you got your car together and want to come spend the weekend at the carshow, get me the info. Even if you cant come down except long enough to bring your car down and pick it up, that will work too lol.

Thanks Guys and Girls, Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year.

Come on 2010 cause 2009 can KISS MY A S S

Rolling

Posts: 104 | Location: Avonmore | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Ed, 55k btu torpedo heater does the trick! And that's without the Taco Bell emissions! But, I only have 110, no 220.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
And a reminder, the 3rd annual Steel City Practice Tree Shootout will be Saturday, February 20, at the New Alexandria Fireman's club on Route 22 (where it was last year). I'll also be sending out an email this week as a heads up/save the date. We have 2 new sponsors on board that we are very excited about, as well as returning sponsors. Stay tuned!

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
Greg:
The Cobalt is at Jeff Hoskins for paint even as I am typing this. So we may have it back from Ill. by the WOW show. I know its work getting in there and setting up and getting out but if the car is back we would love to make the show. What is the latest date to secure a spot? Should be a nice deal featuring the drag cars this year Obviously ...

with us it really is "Rocket Science"
www.mindsciencemotorsports.com

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
LOL Greg. I'll have those two stand near heater for the occasional quick hits of heat and flashes of light Laughing

Chuck 110 if fine. Maybe try tearing into the Cutlass next month.