DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Rich78, as a matter of fact I get a pretty big discount at the gate every week but thats compliments of IHRA Wink. Im thinking you are refering to the points at PRP as a dig because they dont have the points updated yet. They posted that they are having some issues and are working to fix the problem asap and to me thats minor as to how well the track operates on a race day. I dont think car count has everything to do with it. The Nitro Jam was ran flawlessly with a brand new crew

QCMP has had several problems this year and they has asked for their racers to be patient. Is PRP not able to do the same? Yes QCMP has had their first sucessful raceday and I hope it continues for them. I might even make the trip this weekend since PRP has the mopar race to see for myself.

Boy Rich78 you sure do know alot about both tracks Confused

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
they have posted that they have a problem with points on the website. but if you was at the track this past weekend, they had the points totals and rankings posted right at the bottom of the tower for every class.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have heard from numerous people about the track improving and speeding up the program. Cool

I have been to a few T-N-T sessions to help out but will hopefully be at more now that I have my bike pretty much completed so I can work out the front half.

I was at MIR this past weekend for the MIROCK "Summer Sizzler" motorcycle race. On Saturday we had a downpour. Whiel drying the track, mostly working on the shutdown, Jason Miller (track owner / promotor) announced a "Big Wheel race". $5 buy in winner take all in each group. Pedal race to teh 60' with a .400 PRO TREE!

It was a blast, cost the track nothing (other than the initial purchase of the big wheels), and kept people entertained and out of trouble in the pits while the track crew finished drying.

http://dragbikelive.com/news/archives/9128

Things like this make the program fun for everyone adn keep people coming back. Sort of similar to Beaver Bob's hotdog races, etc. Just soemthing to take note of and perhaps start to bring to PRP.

I didn't set the world on fire this weekend, but managed an 8.25 ET and 144mph 1/8, 181 mph 1/4 on the bike with a total of 8 passes on it all weekend. Hope to get the front half improved to go back to MIR for some 7's in July. The 1000' speed trap will be a big help in tuning, and will allow for an extra 300 ft of shutdown. Car

John

Posts: 85 | Location: Johnstown, PA | Registered: June 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Kudos to the Tedesco Family for not running scared of the lousy forecast on Saturday and opening the gates for a great day of racing. Also, we realize that with a new (unknown) staff there will be some problems - Wave and bad employees will weed themselves out. Thanks to the staff for listening and doing some "weeding" on Saturday...

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
As a matter of fact i do..... i have a number of friends that race other tracks with son's and daughter's and we talk weekly. So yes I do know alot going on as well as others. I have spoken with Michael and Bill at MIR in the past as well. If you have not noticed a big portion of the jr community sticks together as we usually do not get the attention the big cars get. PRP AND QCMP are of the few tracks that really work with the jr's.... So as i stated about giving credit to your local track but it appears that you never give weekly compliments until 2011 and with you having the IHRA sponsorship this season.... this wouldnt be your 1st year racing.

I hope PRP continues to get better as well as all tracks.... drag racers are not just born and grow the sport and it is not growing like bad weeds....we need as many racers and tracks to be able to have our kids old and have what we have today. Such as the picture in Glenn and Joan's post and i know a few others that have had kids like the Romeo's at PRP.

check your pm Balaska

Posts: 23 | Location: Elyria, Ohio | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Well Rich78, I dont know what you are getting at but Im going to answer your question because its quite simple. The comments that I have made this year have been about the program moving quickly and efficiently, giving every effort possible to get racedays in with rain, and how pleasant and friendly the staff has been. I have been stressing for years that these three things needed to improve. Greg started the change last year and they continued and improved on it this year. There were a few employees that I thought had bad attitudes and needed to be let go for along time now and that was finally done this year. PRP has also shown the greatest effort this year in getting racedays in with probably the wettest season ever. Finally, this is the best the program ever ran. I cant remember the last time I made it home for dinner on a raceday like last week. Oh wait, thats because it has never happened. You can pull the car count card but I have been racing for 15 years which may not be that many, but I can tell you thats a small part of it. Plus PRP's car count was only light this past week because of the rain.

Now answer this Mr. Rich78, why do I have to explain to you why I make the comments that I do. I have never made any negative comments to or about anyone or any track. Im simply supporting my local track on our thread. Thank you for your concern.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hey T-Type
not worthy not worthy not worthy
Well Said - those that know do know where your heart lies -
you don't win a Bracket Final in a broken ford without a LOT of heart.
Of course, if you just get in a chevy that would also solve the problem..........

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
the whiskeyrunner is alive...

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rich78:
As a matter of fact i do..... i have a number of friends that race other tracks with son's and daughter's and we talk weekly. So yes I do know alot going on as well as others. I have spoken with Michael and Bill at MIR in the past as well. If you have not noticed a big portion of the jr community sticks together as we usually do not get the attention the big cars get. PRP AND QCMP are of the few tracks that really work with the jr's.... So as i stated about giving credit to your local track but it appears that you never give weekly compliments until 2011 and with you having the IHRA sponsorship this season.... this wouldnt be your 1st year racing.

I hope PRP continues to get better as well as all tracks.... drag racers are not just born and grow the sport and it is not growing like bad weeds....we need as many racers and tracks to be able to have our kids old and have what we have today. Such as the picture in Glenn and Joan's post and i know a few others that have had kids like the Romeo's at PRP.

check your pm Balaska

I would think that someone concerned with the Jr program and living in Elyria would be headed to Summit Motorsports Park.

However some of your comments in a couple threads make me go Hum

To all my buddys at the PRP.. Good luck this weekend. Maybe see some of you all shortly. Someone make sure to give Fat Head a good birthday whoopin'.

Posts: 150 | Location: Sittin at 660. | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reminder, I meant to throw a happy birthday to Markie out there yesterday. I hope you had a good one, Mark!

Matt, good deal on the whiskeyrunner! I hope to be announcing your name often this weekend!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Anyone interested in a pair of Dwarf Bunnies?..A co-worker moved and has to adopt them out. They are 8 months old and will go to a good home only..Smile

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1355PRO:
Anyone interested in a pair of Dwarf Bunnies?..A co-worker moved and has to adopt them out. They are 8 months old and will go to a good home only..Smile

Posts: 90 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
i hope so too chuck!

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Happy Brthday Markie! Im doing some work on the car during our off week to try and solve some problems with it being inconsistent. Then maybe I can run with you guys again. Car

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Find anything wrong?

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
No I am going to go with a different converter. Im thinking that is was going bad. The engine doesnt miss a beat and the MPH is very consistent but the 60ft is all over and slower then ever, 1.60 last weekend. It feels like im draging the brake through first gear. My gut is telling me its in the converter or tranny. I dont want to keep putting it off because I cant race with the way its running. With this week off I thought this would be my best shot to do something major. I still may not have it ready for the next points day, they said atleast a week for the converter.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

DRR Trophy
Picture of Red or Dead MOPAR
posted Hide Post
fat head already got his birthday whoopin this weekend I rule hahaha...he plans to whoop up on my mopar buddys this weekend again in someonoes pickup truck

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
The points are now posted on the PRP website.

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Dale Greenawald
posted Hide Post
Hey Mike, I use ATI. I take it out sunday,fed-ex it monday,and it is back at my house friday.

ICS RACING ENGINES

Posts: 82 | Location: Burgettstown,Pa. | Registered: March 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hey Dale, Im using Ultimate Converter Concepts this time. Im hoping to have it back by next friday but dont want to be disappointed if it doesnt make it Big Grin. ATI doesnt make a high end converter for my tranny.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop