DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
Good job Chuck Cool

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Red or Dead MOPAR
posted Hide Post
Alright Folks what you all been waiting for, haha my ridiculous go pro videos going NUTS again...Good job again too all winners and still cant believe after all the stuff i went through on saturday i got er done... no battery power, car at 200degrees every pass except the last 2 rds, and losing my hose to intake 2nd rd street dumping anti freeze everywere... wild night...
GO PRO IT IS THEN, Enjoy!
me vs bob tharp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZDUuH8UytA
me vs mr poorman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjhYYmFw_jY
me vs fat head
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nTAEmJfYjE
me vs romeo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGPyG-4msv0
thats about all i had for the day, minus one tt pass and one redlight win

Nick Bowman
2x Pittsburgh Raceway Park Modified Points Champion
1970 Plymouth Duster
"Footbrake/No Box"

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Anti freeze ? I didn't think cars were allowed to run antifreeze ?

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Our Thoughts and Prayers go out to the ****son Family

Obituaries
Larger text Smaller text | « back to main Donald W. ****son
Latrobe

Donald W. "Donny" ****son, 40, of Latrobe, died Monday, June 6, 2011, at UPMC Presbyterian. He was born July 24, 1970, in Latrobe, a son of Donald R. and Janet L. (Boone) ****son, of Latrobe. Donny had been employed by Daniels and Miller of Greensburg, and had previously been employed by the Westmoreland County Emergency 911 Center. He was a member of the Lloydsville Fireman's Club, First Ward Fireman's Club and the Black List Custom Car Club. Donny was also a former member and fire chief at Eastern Derry Township Fire Department. He was known around the Latrobe area as DJ Double D. Donny was preceded in death by his paternal grandparents, John and Leora ****son. He is survived by his parents, Donald R. and Janet L. (Boone) ****son, of Latrobe; two sisters, Tracy Blondheim and her husband, Tim, of Barberton, Ohio, and Shelly Bern***oli and her husband, Joshua, of Latrobe; two nieces, whom he really adored, Montgomery and Sophia; maternal grandparents, Rita and Ed Adams, of Cooperstown; girlfriend, Tina Helman and her daughter, Madison; and a number of aunts, uncles and cousins. Family and friends will be received from 3 to 5 and 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday in the JOHN J. LOPATICH FUNERAL HOME INC., 601 Weldon St., Latrobe. Funeral services will be held at 10 a.m. Friday in the funeral home with the Rev. William P. Donahue as celebrant. Interment to follow in Unity Cemetery, Latrobe. To sign online guestbook, send condolences or to view detailed obituary information, please visit www.lopatich.com.

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of rich penn
posted Hide Post
Thoughts and prayer to the ****son family.

1999 TRANS-AM WS6
SPONSERED BY ;
ASAP PERFROMANCE
ALLISON PARK PA.ALSO 2008 DODGE CHARGER R/T

Posts: 87 | Location: pittsburgh,pa | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Thoughts and prayers for the D ickson fammily and friends.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andamo:
Anti freeze ? I didn't think cars were allowed to run antifreeze ?

has to be a typo, must have meant water-wetter.
Obviously......

with us it really is "Rocket Science"
www.mindsciencemotorsports.com

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
F no mannn/ its a street car anti freeze and distilled water only... there is no rule against anti freeze, just frowned apon because anti freeze is the worst to clean up after...

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Red or Dead MOPAR:
there is no rule against anti freeze, just frowned apon because anti freeze is the worst to clean up after...

Ahem...

Page 88 of the 2011 IHRA Rulebook (General Regulations - All Classes) clearly states:

============
Cooling System: Antifreeze/glycol prohibited.
============

This has to be one of the most ignored rules in racing, followed closely behind by removal of safety equipment while still on track.

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Deepest sympathy to The Di cskson Family. Our prayers are with you.

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Page 88 of the 2011 IHRA Rulebook (General Regulations - All Classes) clearly states:

============
Sorry... only a rule at national sanctioned events! Not at weekly track races.. track rules apply! Read closer before posting!

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
Sorry... but the IHRA's 2011 rule book draws NO SUCH DISTINCTION between "national sanctioned events" and "weekly track races" in its 19 page long "General Regulations - All Classes" section.

With that said, tracks are free to enforce rules which do not appear in the rulebook and look the other way to ones which are listed.

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
If anyone is interested on Saturday June 11th from 10a.m -2p.m we are holding an Advance Auto Parts Customer Appreciation Day at the Winter Road location in New Castle, PA. Its a nice low key get together with any truck, hotrod, or bike welcome. We sell refreshments for donations to the Ronald McDonald House of Akron. This is special this year as you guys see I am Campaigning it on the side of my car this year to raise awareness and money. They really helped us when we spent 70 days at Akron Childrens. I know its a long haul before a race but if you can make it ... we would appreciate it!
Lou

Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Of course, also make note! IHRA will not reimburse you for your block if you forget to switch back to antifreeze/glycol come winter and your block cracks!!!

Posts: 90 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
if they ask just tell them you put green food coloring in you water..works for me boring

Posts: 50 | Location: brackenridge pa | Registered: December 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
and mines rusty too!! lol

Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pro 301g:
If anyone is interested on Saturday June 11th from 10a.m -2p.m we are holding an Advance Auto Parts Customer Appreciation Day at the Winter Road location in New Castle, PA. Its a nice low key get together with any truck, hotrod, or bike welcome. We sell refreshments for donations to the Ronald McDonald House of Akron. This is special this year as you guys see I am Campaigning it on the side of my car this year to raise awareness and money. They really helped us when we spent 70 days at Akron Childrens. I know its a long haul before a race but if you can make it ... we would appreciate it!
Lou

I hope the weather cooperates for you, Lou (and for all of us). Chances are I won't be able to make it out, but yaneverknow.

Someone correct me if this is not the URL for Josie's Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=124839560913

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
dat be correct!

Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
thoughts out to the d.ickson family...

triplenickel they would have to eliminate most street car classes then if they enforce that rule at local tracks, how many daily drivers do u see out there, and u know they got anti freeze... thanks for the check up lou! and OBBY good idea man, ill keep the food coloring bottle on me for good measure hahahaha.. If we all just run water at the halloween classic we would all be screwed with the below freezing temps they get some years over night!

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Heartfelt sympathies to the D ickson family on the loss of Donny.

Posts: 129 | Location: USA | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post