DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Craig and Gina!

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
hope everyone has a safe and happy new year

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
Happy New Year everyone

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Happy new year to all!

Posts: 201 | Location: Jeannette, PA | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Happy New Year!!!...28 days till the practice tree race..Wink

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of DADDYWAGS
posted Hide Post
I played all day yesterday with our tree man I need to practice. Banging Head but hope every one has a great new year. mine started off good my nova is on the ground took it off the jack stands this morning.( BEEN ON THEM FOR TOO YEARS) Lot's more work to be done tho, if i new how to post pic's i would (little help please.) I'm stupid

Posts: 44 | Location: gibsonia PA | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Happy New Year YINZ!!
AJ.....hearing that the local dirt track guys in the crate late model division looking to change to corn... Might want to look into P MS, Learnerville, Sharon and Mercer to sell some fuel and carbs.
Lou

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Eric Arrow, you have a PM.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
does anyone know what the roll out preset will be at the practice tree race?

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
Can't help you with that Jeff, but here are some winter tips.....

Keep your headlights clear with car wax! Just wipe ordinary car wax on your headlights.
It contains special water repellents that will prevent that messy mixture from accumulating on your lights - lasts 6 weeks.

Squeak-proof your wipers with rubbing alcohol! Wipe the wipers with a cloth saturated with rubbing alcohol or ammonia.
This one trick can make badly streaking & squeaking wipers change to near perfect silence & clarity.

Ice-proof your windows with vinegar! Frost on it's way? Just fill a spray bottle with three parts vinegar to one part water
& spritz it on all your windows at night. In the morning, they'll be clear of icy mess. Vinegar contains acetic acid, which
raises the melting point of water---preventing water from freezing!

Prevent car doors from freezing shut with cooking spray! Spritz cooking oil on the rubber seals around car doors
& rub it in with a paper towel. The cooking spray prevents water from melting into the rubber

Fog-proof your windshield with shaving cream! Spray some shaving cream on the inside of your windshield
& wipe if off with paper towels. Shaving cream has many of the same ingredients found in commercial defoggers.

De-ice your lock in seconds with hand sanitizer! Just put some hand sanitizer gel on the key & the lock & the problems solved!

with us it really is "Rocket Science"
www.mindsciencemotorsports.com

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey10x2:

I believe we do .000 adjustments made with delay

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Red or Dead MOPAR
posted Hide Post
Happy New Year! So far mine is GREAT
Had a blast Racing at DRAGWAY 42 on January 1st for there 12th annual Hangover Nationals 20.11 1/4 mile Index Bracket Race...

I Made is down to the Semis 5th Round!!!

CHECKOUT MY GO PRO CAMERO IN CAR CAMERO VIDEOS ON YOU TUBE AT ALL OF THERE LINKS Rolling

ROUND 1- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV77-tEfHss
ROUND 2- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8PplhkJ0lk
ROUND 3- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2-cL1S2uu4
ROUND 4- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDyKh6DZyiY
ROUND 5- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5ZEfM8wNpA

IT WAS A BLAST!!! not sure the car count exactly but a good guess at around 150 total b\w the too classes...BTW it was raining mostly the whole time.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Red or Dead MOPAR,

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fog-proof your windshield with shaving cream! Spray some shaving cream on the inside of your windshield
& wipe if off with paper towels.

Just wiping it off with a paper towel has left a five o'clock shadow. Now what in the heck am I supposed to do?

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Red or Dead MOPAR:

Happy New Year! So far mine is GREAT

Had a blast Racing at DRAGWAY 42 on January 1st for there 12th annual Hangover Nationals 20.11 1/4 mile Index Bracket Race...

I Made is down to the Semis 5th Round!!!

IT WAS A BLAST!!! not sure the car count exactly but a good guess at around 150 total b\w the two classes...BTW it was raining mostly the whole time.

Good job Nick!

Glad to hear that you figured out the FM station for the track's PA station by the third round. It sure cuts down on the second guessing of yourself all the way to the ET shack.

Although there were great lights (including a .0000) and plenty of .00 finish lines, Doug Thompson's dead on run against you was the only one in eliminations the entire event.

Sounds like you and your lady had a good time!

P.S.

If you put DEEP on your car, D42's timing system holds autostart until you are in. That way you don't have to rush up there to light both bulbs.

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
Nick,

You even got mentioned in the article that is posted on CompetitionPlus.com

CompetitionPlus.com: Dragway 42 "Hangover Nationals" Coverage

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good job Nick.

Lou if you know any of the guys from the roundy-round give them my number. Thank you.

Also the tree race rollout will be set at .000 and the delay will be used to sett rollout. Ie delay of .0320 is a .032 rollout.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Though I hadn't planned on going to the hangover nats, I'm glad I did.. rolled into the lanes just in time for first round. No time trial.. knowing I just drove 3 hours to get there just in time, I figured I better be good on the tree. So I clicked er into 4 dub and deep staged it and ended up being 005 to his .234.. knowing he was faster and just driving me to the finish I knew I had better pick a spot n lock em up, and I did just that going 1995 on a 2011 dial at a whopping 42 mph to his 19.34.had I not red lighted third round I may have had a chance to race nick later on.. rounds like that make the drive worth it.. Sunday we ended up going slot car racing in a nearby town called bristolville on the 55' (1/4 mile) track.. bowman runnered up to the owner first race and in the second race we made it an all pittsburgh final with bowman taking the honors .016 light 1.474 on a 1.470 to my -006 red 1.218 on a 1.223.. all in all a great weekend for nick and myself. Mayb we will one day bring slot car racing to pittsburgh area.. who knows.. anyone else do any racing lately?

Posts: 32 | Location: sprayin | Registered: November 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Romeo:
quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey10x2:

I believe we do .000 adjustments made with delay

Mark, you are correct. I believe we set the roll out at .300, and each racer can tailor the delay to make their own rollout. For example, Jeff, if you want a .350 rollout, you'd have .050 in the delay.

26 days to the tree race!

Congrats Nick! Nice job! I'd love to make that race sometime, seems like a lot of fun, but family time prevents it. I hope the GobbleFest returns at PRP so we have a similar event.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Treed by, AJ, again! lol Big Grin

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
quote:
& wipe if off with paper towels.

Just wiping it off with a paper towel has left a five o'clock shadow. Now what in the heck am I supposed to do?

that's a problem ONLY because that windshield came from "Hairy's Glass"
Obviously ...

with us it really is "Rocket Science"
www.mindsciencemotorsports.com

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post