DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
In the latest news about the 4th Annual Steel City Practice Tree Shootout, we welcome 2 new sponsors:

Cadamore Racing Engines, 724-766-4502, donating a full car or truck detailing job, for the Chinese auction

Motormate Synthetic Racing Fluids - donating 3 sets of 7 quarts of 15w50 synthetic racing oil. Motormate custom blends oils to the individual customer's specifications. Want more zinc, less zinc, phosphorus, etc? They can do that! Look for an exciting announcement coming soon from Motormate, to be shared on the Tree race threads!

AJ, Mark, and I try to do what we can so as many people as possible go home with something. Thanks to our sponsors generosity, they are making that happen. Please suppport the people who support us.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
That motormate oil is some goood sheeet from what I've heard

Posts: 32 | Location: sprayin | Registered: November 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Hammer,
JMHO......I don't think it would help. If you have a heavy door car with a big block a stiff tire is the way to go. I run Goodyear 2078 33x15s. When the track is greasy or cold a heavy door car with a big block will be affected the most. Once again just my opinion.
Hope this helps
LJ

TRAINWRECK country band is now on Facebook send us a friend request....

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
thanks lou,
,i ran hoosiers, i started the season at 10.5 psi, then when it got hot out, i ran 9 psi.
only happened a couple of times, so i guess ill be ordering the same tires i ran last year for it.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
That seems like a lot of pressure... my car weighs 3106 lbs with me and I run 7 1/2 to 8 lbs. Everyone has different opinions about this just giving info on what works for me.
LJ

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Jeff if you dont want it to spin put a MT on it problem solved

Posts: 321 | Location: pittsburgh pa 15216 | Registered: November 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
thanks chuck!

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Transmissions wanted.....powerglides, turbo 350s 400s, c4, c6, 727, 904......cash paid on the spot. email jwkustomz@comcast.net

Photobucket
Jason Weaver

Posts: 208 | Location: Saxton, PA | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
this weekend will time for some serious tree practicing Banging Head

trying to get back to bottom bulbing again.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Matt, we appreciate your support!

2 weeks from tomorrow, get those thumbs up! Big GrinBig Grin

Just a little over 18 hours from some Steeler football!!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I saw the commercials for the World of Wheels car show here next week, and the presenting sponsor is Millerstown Pic A Part. That's so cool that they are the presenting sponsor for the 50th Anniversary show!

Millerstown Pic A Part rocks!!! not worthy

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
chuckT PM

Photobucket
Jason Weaver

Posts: 208 | Location: Saxton, PA | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
It looks like PRP will be seeing and smelling "More Nitro" at its 2011 NitroJam event.

The following comes from an article today from IHRA's Larry Crum.

============
Crazy, psychotic, suicidal – all are words that have been used to describe the insane riders of the nitro powered motorcycle class known as Nitro Harley.

But while those terms all seem to fit perfectly anyone who knowingly chooses to hop on a two-wheeled bomb and travel speeds in excess of 200 miles per hour, to the racers themselves, there is only one word that can be used to describe their chosen profession – exhilarating.

And that is exactly what keeps fans coming back for more when these extreme daredevils take to the track, a sight that is soon to become a commonplace at Nitro Jam events all across North America as the hottest motorsports show in the country reunites with the most exciting class in all of drag racing for the 2011 Nitro Jam season.

“What can I say, I thrive on being able to do something that most people could never do,” said Jay Turner, a six-time champion in various nitro bike leagues across the country. “I love the adrenaline and I love being able to entertain the fans. When you are at about the 1,000 foot mark and the front tire is two feet off the ground at nearly 200 miles per hour and everyone is cheering, that is what it is all about.”

Turner is one of over half a dozen riders that will be a part of the 2011 Nitro Jam tour
competing at all nine Nitro Jam events currently on the schedule. Riders from all corners of the country will make up the new class and is sure to be a hit as the class returns to the Nitro Jam schedule fulltime for the first time since 2002.
============

For the full story, visit:

http://www.competitionplus.com...rleys-return-to-ihra

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple Nickel II:
It looks like PRP will be seeing and smelling "More Nitro" at its 2011 NitroJam event.

The following comes from an article today from IHRA's Larry Crum.

============
Crazy, psychotic, suicidal – all are words that have been used to describe the insane riders of the nitro powered motorcycle class known as Nitro Harley.

But while those terms all seem to fit perfectly anyone who knowingly chooses to hop on a two-wheeled bomb and travel speeds in excess of 200 miles per hour, to the racers themselves, there is only one word that can be used to describe their chosen profession – exhilarating.

And that is exactly what keeps fans coming back for more when these extreme daredevils take to the track, a sight that is soon to become a commonplace at Nitro Jam events all across North America as the hottest motorsports show in the country reunites with the most exciting class in all of drag racing for the 2011 Nitro Jam season.

“What can I say, I thrive on being able to do something that most people could never do,” said Jay Turner, a six-time champion in various nitro bike leagues across the country. “I love the adrenaline and I love being able to entertain the fans. When you are at about the 1,000 foot mark and the front tire is two feet off the ground at nearly 200 miles per hour and everyone is cheering, that is what it is all about.”

Turner is one of over half a dozen riders that will be a part of the 2011 Nitro Jam tour
competing at all nine Nitro Jam events currently on the schedule. Riders from all corners of the country will make up the new class and is sure to be a hit as the class returns to the Nitro Jam schedule fulltime for the first time since 2002.
============

For the full story, visit:

http://www.competitionplus.com...rleys-return-to-ihra

I'm kinda bummed they aren't running any of the class cars at the NitroJam at PRP...Frown

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
what, are you too cool to bracket race?

Posts: 191 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
I read on IHRA's site today that all nitro jams will run T/S and T/D.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
PRP has the 2011 points info up on the site. Sounds pretty good, I like the 1 pt per round.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doorman:
what, are you too cool to bracket race?

Yep..Smile.....No actually I'll take your money...did'nt say I wasn't going to race...but National events were traditionally for class cars...ET was added at a few of them in the past.

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
According to the schedule just posted there is a points day on May 21, same day as one of the Nitro Jam nights.

Is that right? Can anyone verify?

Tom Nist
NX62

Posts: 128 | Location: Delmont, PA | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
What I don't understand is why give a racer a 2 point pass for not showing up at a race? That is more points than a guy who shows up and loses the first round. It would have been better taking the best 15 out of 16 race days.
If it rains out can a racer turn in his pass and collect 2 points for a race that didn't happen?

Posts: 2595 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post