DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I'm confused about the Nitro Jam article.

http://www.ihra.com/article/7117.html

First sentence, second paragraph:

In all six of the Nitro Jam events will feature the full contingent of IHRA classes,

But then the chart says ET and juniors only??

PITTSBURGH RACEWAY PARK (May 20-21)
ET, Juniors

Confused Confused

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
IHRA's editing/proofreading has always left a little to be desired.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Doing okay just bored! Not working right now so can't spend money on the racecar,wanted to finish my new motor but it is on hold. Can't wait till next week so I can start hunting again. Also can't wait to start racing again! Car Car

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Romeo:
IHRA's editing/proofreading has always left a little to be desired.

Too true.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
Chuck I think it should say
" In all , Six of the events blah blah blah."

By leaving that comma out it creates some real confusion. If you can cypher through there garble, there are 9 events total. 6 have one style, two have a different style (prp)here, and the other one is different yet! Dam, think what I could do with me an edumebacation.

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mark, since PRP is only having Pro-Am event, I wonder if Quaker will have one too ? I know they're in different divisons, but being so close to each other, racers might travel to both.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Racers would most definately do both. Actually they would be in the same division. PRP is Division 3, and Quaker would be as well. I wish they would, because if you live in Western, PA you are almost further ahead to run Div. 1 as the Div. 3 claims are further away. Like Kentucky and Michigan. Where as MIR, Skyview, and Richmond are in Div. 1.

Div. 3 schedule already out however:
May 5-7 London Dragway – London, KY

June 3-5 U.S. 131 Motorsports Park – Martin, MI

Date TBA Mountain Park Dragway – Clay City, KY

August 5-7 Pittsburgh Raceway Park – New Alexandria, PA

2010 Div. 1 schedule here:

April 16-18 Maryland International Raceway

*June 4-6 Richmond Dragway

July 30-August 1 Skyview Drags

Sept 17-19 New England Dragway

Now obviously you wouldn't go to New England, unless you were in the running to win the division and needed one more claim.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Mark,

I believe the last year quaker had a Pro Am it was a Division 1 race but the tracks bracket team was considered Division 3.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mark. I got a little confused remembering when Quaker was a NHRA track, it was in D3.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Romeo:
quote:
Originally posted by Head13:
I heard jamie tedesco is gonna be the track manager.. uncle bobbys son..I've only seen a picture of the guy.. never saw him at the track.. this could be interesting.... I nominatie keith bowman for cheif starter AND track manager... Tongue

X2

X3 I just want to see PRP to continue to move forward. There were alot of gains made last year and I have faith PRP will continue to move in the right direction

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Balaska347,

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shawn Pinkerton:
Mark,

I believe the last year quaker had a Pro Am it was a Division 1 race but the tracks bracket team was considered Division 3.

I believe you are correct, PRP used to be considered an "in" division claim for 1 and 3, I think they did some realigning of the Divisions and as such, I believe Quaker would be D3 now, but who knows.

Jones Transmission Pumps

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Thanks Keith, that comma does make all the difference. You're not bad for not being a Steelers fan. Big Grin

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
I'm kinda bummed about the Div3 deal.....2 in KY??....depending on the Div1 schedule I may change back to Div1....Frown

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Thriller
posted Hide Post
I heard that Quaker is closed. Does anyone know anything about that? And does anyone know why PRP doesn't have an Ironman Classic race anymore.

Posts: 16 | Location: Tarentum,PA. | Registered: March 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mike, Quaker was sold, and is remaining a dragstrip. There is a thread for Quaker in the Race Track Forums section also, in case you wanted to check it out. I don't know what's up with Ironman races, I always liked them.

DRR Trophy
Picture of DADDYWAGS
posted Hide Post
i'm WONDERING WHAT QUAKERS JR PROGRAM IS GOING TO BE LIKE with the new ownership. Better Or worse ????

Posts: 44 | Location: gibsonia PA | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
not sure tom,
but if you read the forums on quakers main site, it looks like a familiar face from PRP might be running the show there.

i wish them all the best, but when they come to PRP for the bracket finals, we will still send them back home empty handed Cool

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas from our home to yours!! Ice Cream

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas to all! May Santa bring you .00x lights, and .00x MOVs (on your side of course!).

Most of all, may you all be with people you care about, making memories.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DADDYWAGS:
i'm WONDERING WHAT QUAKERS JR PROGRAM IS GOING TO BE LIKE with the new ownership. Better Or worse ????

Anything will be better than what was there the last several years. Funny thing the entire program is now a carbon copy of PRP's, so I would expect the Jr program to be the same as ours was last year from MID season on.

The more important thing is what will be PRP's JR program be? I hope they put it back to where it was as it was a very good program. Lets hope they can repair the damage that was done to it last year and move foreward instead of backwards.

Posts: 480 | Location: PA | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post