DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Actually IMHO the advantage is that PRP will get thier best racers to show up....it's close by....Other tracks will have a harder time getting people to make the tow..so they go down the list a little for players...Wink

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
that may be true, but the other tracks arent sending give me s as their bracket team members either.
isnt it the group of tracks that attend the bracket finals that actually vote to where the next years bracket finals to be held?

the majority must really like the track to keep it coming back.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday Allison! Party

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey10x2:
Isn't it the group of tracks that attend the bracket finals that actually vote to where the next years bracket finals to be held?

Not exactly.

The track operator meeting on the day after the Bracket Finals is to determine rules for the following year's event.

When it comes to location, (usually multi-year) proposals are made by any tracks which wish to host the event.

IHRA signs the contract with the track / proposal that is selected.

Just like the Pro-Am events, not every track has the facilities to host and not every track that has the facilities wants to be burdened with the event.

With that said, I am glad that the event for the next 2 years is at Pittsburgh rather than the even further tow of Beaver Springs or Dunn Tire which I believe both showed an interest the last time the contract was up.

I don't know that this will ever play into the IHRA's and track operator's decision making process, but running the entire 'Main Event' in a single day would make for a more level playing field for participants from all of the represented tracks.

There is nothing like a 20 degree temperature swing and a 40 percent humidity change from Rd 1 on Saturday to Rd 2 on Sunday to highlight the benefit of having a season's worth of log book data from racing at the event's home track to fall back on, no matter where the event is held.

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Log book?? People still use those lol Tongue.

Happy Birthday Allison!

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
how do you prp guys feel about no greg miller or superkid?

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
I have talked with several of the guys involved with the PPM cars either as owner/driver or pit crew and all said that he will be missed. I did not get one bad comment.

with us it really is "Rocket Science"
www.mindsciencemotorsports.com

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
I think Greg did a good job running the track. But I don't think that the track will suffer without him being there. It takes way more than just one person to make a track successful. I wish him luck where ever he lands.

Obviously

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
I think that will depend GREATLY on who replaces him and how they are viewed by the racers. That position is not like getting someone to spray the water box, or even handle tech. That person will be looked at as PRP.
Obviously !

with us it really is "Rocket Science"
www.mindsciencemotorsports.com

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
i stand corrected then, i always was under the impression that the track operators meeting was held to vote on the location for the next event,

did they only have a year to year contract the last 2 years?

what is a log book anyway? i just shake my magic 8 ball and it tells me what to put on the car Wink

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey10x2:
did they only have a year to year contract the last 2 years?

IHRA signed a pair of multi-year agreements with Pittsburgh for the Bracket Finals, the latest of which began with the 2010 event.

In a correction to my earlier posting, it was Skyview and not Dunn Tire that showed an interest in hosting the Bracket Finals the last time that proposals were made.

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of DADDYWAGS
posted Hide Post
Jeff it's that book you keep all your mileage and gas receipts in (LOL) HOW'S THE CAMARO COMING ANY PROGRESS PIC'S

Posts: 44 | Location: gibsonia PA | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Allison!

Posts: 37 | Location: Ford City, Pa | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DADDYWAGS:
Jeff it's that book you keep all your mileage and gas receipts in (LOL) HOW'S THE CAMARO COMING ANY PROGRESS PIC'S

ahhhhh...... mine is a box i put reciepts in Rolling

they are still working on all the little dings and making sure the panels are straight. im getting pretty excited to see it done
sent them the paint over monday.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Jeff...don't get me wrong..there are some very good racers at PRP...I just think other tracks may be missing some of thier talent due to the drive..Wink

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Hey everyone, salutations are in order. Craig Pollice and Gina got engaged Christmas. It's a Festivus miracle.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
Hey everyone, salutations are in order. Craig Pollice and Gina got engaged Christmas. It's a Festivus miracle.

She Pregnant?

Just kidding, Congratulations!!!

Posts: 201 | Location: Jeannette, PA | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to Craig and Gina.

That would be a belated Festivus miracle, as Festivus was a week ago today.

I will continue to contain my airing of grievances.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:

i just lost all respect for Craig...what little i had lol. just kidding bro...congrats...wonder if he knows that Gina has been cheating on him..with me hahah

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Hyde
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
how do you prp guys feel about no greg miller or superkid?

watch you dont stick that big foot back in your mouth mr.911

Posts: 15 | Location: Torrance, PA | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post