DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
four speed four barrel dual exhaust

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tony Fagnilli,

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
four speed four barrel duel exhuast

That is alot of pages huh?

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I would agree with the hitting neither is good but is better to keep it on the racing surface than to go into the crowd,pits,woods or any of the other places along side of the track and concrete barriers do a way better job of doing that than the guard rails.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
a stupid question...........
i read on another board someone posted that there will be no nitro at prp.

doesnt the nitro cars give the meaning nitro jam to the event?

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey10x2:
a stupid question...........
i read on another board someone posted that there will be no nitro at prp.

doesnt the nitro cars give the meaning nitro jam to the event?

Unless IHRA changes the format from 2010 to 2011, there will be NITRO.

A mid-season report from DRO included the following...

===========
There are three main professional classes at a Nitro Jam event.

All the Top Fuel competitors were pre-determined from the top four cars from 2009 IHRA series points championship, and at selected events two other local/regional cars are brought in.

The Pro Fuel Dragsters (A/Fuelers) and Prostalgia Funny Cars are booked from both the IHRA national rankings along with cars in the general region in which the event is run.

The remainder of the sportsman categories, similar to what is run in the NHRA race, is contested in the traditional single elimination style format.

The professional competition is based on a modified Chicago-style format.

All competitors will make two runs per day. The first session the cars are paired by either points or by draw. In the second session the cars are paired by respective elapsed times from the first run.

The two slowest cars race each other, on up to the two quickest cars of that first session. The two quickest cars then run for the “win”.

Then the next day the same process starts all over again.

Therefore every day is a new show with new winners in each of the professional categories.

So the fans will get to see all the professional cars run twice per day and the professional show lasts approximately three and a half to four hours.

The show starts at about dusk and goes into the evening so there are lots of header flames and pyro and fireworks.

The show ends with Les Shockley and his multiple engine jet semi-trucks making runs down the quarter mile at the rate of a respectable Super Pro car. The trucks are very spectacular visually.

===========

A quick spot check of the RESULTS section of IHRA's website shows that the 3 professional classes were run at each NitroJam that was checked.

In addition multiple sportsman classes were run.

For example, Rockingham's NitroJam in May had Top Fuel, Top Sportsman, Pro Fuel Dragster, Top Dragster, Prostalgia Funny Car, Super Stock, Stock, Quick Rod, Super Rod, and Hot Rod.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Triple Nickel II,

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
thanks
when i read it on another forum, i was like WTF !!
just might have to get either a hot rod or super rod license and give it a try

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
thanks

No need to Jeffrey, regular bracket program will be run on that day.

Posts: 178 | Location: Export | Registered: July 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
so there will be a reg. bracket program at the nitro jam?

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Praying for no points that day. Don't need the challenge of doing well in a points program missing at least 2 races (a wedding and Bristol)....lol.

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately No points = No racers at PRP

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Yes there is points !

Posts: 178 | Location: Export | Registered: July 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
points or no points, ill be there Big Grin

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
thanks

Jeff...give it a shot...it's alot of fun..Wink

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
thats what im thinking too, i can use the sle as a throttle stop, the car can run either SR or HR on the stop and the number is only 10 bux more on top of my ihra license

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
What classes EXACTLY will be racing at this Nitro Jam? Just the show cars and regular weekly bracket classes?

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Yes, but besides K.B. post there has been no official statement

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
And I hear that it's going to be a points day

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Ok. Interesting that this Nitro Jam is different than the rest of them. Wonder why they don't have the sportsman classes included? Shouldn't be much different than a "big" night of fire then.

Jones Transmission Pumps

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
I was thinking the same exact thing. Looks like IHRA is renting the track, doesn't it?

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Looks that way. Who knows what's going on. Everyone will probably find out May 15th...

Jones Transmission Pumps