DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jeff, we really appreciate your support and the vittles.

Rich, thank Carrie for us... and tell her to practice up and enter!

Steve, ssshhhh..... the dip is bad, no one wants it, don't even try it... we tried doing this last week to my nieces and nephews about my mom's stuffing, in hopes of more of it for us... didn't work then either. Big Grin Thank you all for your support. Is Belinda getting her thumb ready?

Also, to all, I will be bringing my halogen work light stand to shine on the tree, and hopefully reduce the tree brightness. Or maybe we'll do the old pantyhose trick.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Is Eric going to "donate" his panty hose again?

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
chuck i will be there, i will hopefully be bringing some friends who are kinda new to this but getting the hang of it... i am also working on getting some prizes together to give away courtesy of Fat Head Performance

Posts: 32 | Location: sprayin | Registered: November 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
Is Eric going to "donate" his panty hose again?

I saw you putting all your tickets in my basket... Ice Cream

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
That's what she said. Busted

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Sounds great Markie, thank you for your support. Just let us know the count so we stay on track for our food order. Let us know too what Fat Head Performance is putting together, and we'll get you on the sponsor list.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
Congratulations PRP!

From today's IHRA press release:

================
Nitro Jam Adds Three New Markets to 2011 Schedule

POSTED: 2010-12-02 05:43:00

After an extremely successful debut of the new Nitro Jam format in 2010, Feld Motor Sports is pleased to announce an exciting 2011 schedule that includes three new markets

--SNIP--

Nitro Jam will also add two more major markets to the schedule in Pittsburgh and Tucson as the Nitro Jam series travels to Pittsburgh Raceway Park and Southwestern International Raceway all during the first half of the 2011 Nitro Jam season.

--SNIP--

The trio of new Nitro Jam events will wrap up at Pittsburgh Raceway Park May 20-21. The Pittsburgh facility has always been a popular stop for sportsman racers over the past few years and will finally get a chance to host a Nitro Jam beginning next season.
================

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of HR1140
posted Hide Post
Well that is great news! It takes having event like this to make money for the track which pays for the improvements that need to be done. Now don't get me wrong, I have been going to krp since about 83 or 84 and have seen it at it's worst. So I can appreciate the improvements that have been made, but more needs to be done to properly host such an event.

Most important things are moving the starting line back if the event is 1/4 mile. Along with adding new concrete launch pad, and concrete barriers for safety. Other concerns should be enough paved parking for massive trailers, and more adaquate down hill staging lanes. Also, there should be a lot more bleachers added because the ones that are there aren't even enough for the big shows we have now.
Like I said these are just some points for discussion and not meant to be taken the wrong way. After all I don't know all of what was planned.

Posts: 25 | Location: Homer City Pa. | Registered: January 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HR1140:
Most important things are moving the starting line back if the event is 1/4 mile. Along with adding new concrete launch pad, and concrete barriers for safety. Other concerns should be enough paved parking for massive trailers, and more adaquate down hill staging lanes. Also, there should be a lot more bleachers added because the ones that are there aren't even enough for the big shows we have now.
Like I said these are just some points for discussion and not meant to be taken the wrong way. After all I don't know all of what was planned.
I would prefer that the track does not spend money on concrete barriers. This topic has come up at BSD. It might be an issue because of sanctioning and insurance but I like knowing I have a couple feet extra of grass to save my vehicle if I ever get in a bad situation.

My biggest thing for the improvement list would be fixing the down track drainage issue! That has been a PITA for years and required time to address and altered the program on a couple of occasions!

Posts: 90 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
AJ, Mark, and I are happy to announce that 2 names synonymous with family racing and Mopar performance are once again joining in as sponsors of the tree race:

Bob George Racing

Bowman Performance/ http://bowmanperformance.com/

And Amy Romeo will once again cooking up the rigatoni!

Thank you all for your support!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chuck with a new paint job

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
man that thing is sharp! CHUCK T you have a pm

Posts: 32 | Location: sprayin | Registered: November 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
And his new RV.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Holy farking snit that thing is nice!!

The wild thing is, it almost looks like when I bought the car in '96 up in Tionesta. Paint was in better shape, stock ralley wheels, but no stripes. On the test drive, I hammered down and did a 1 wheel peel on the highway geared open rear.

Couldn't be my RV.... I don't have Scotty's money.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Somebody thinks a couple feet of grass is going to help him stop his car in a pinch! Laughing I guess you haven't seen what happened to the car that hit the old gaurd rails at thompson, wouldn't have left the racing surface if it was concrete.

Posts: 2593 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
my thoughts also green! I'm stupid

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Ofcourse maybe he is using his turf tires off of his lawn mower and they stop better on grass than asphalt. I'm stupid

Posts: 2593 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
Those HEMI'S don't make enough power to spin in the grass.

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Cadamore:
Those HEMI'S don't make enough power to spin in the grass.

Your wrong John.... Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...quNY&feature=related

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Red or Dead MOPAR
posted Hide Post
heard about the nitro jam...really hope prp picks some good classes...something wild and fast. instead of something old and washed up like nostalgia cars that dont do anything but a burnout and oil down the track. i wanna see from frekaing Top Fuel, or TF Bikes or something worth coming. then maybe some fans will actually come. we need to get some outlaw 10.5s or drag radial races too. prp pro mods= borning, half dont make it down, the ones that do all run like a half second diff. there is like no competition or side by side racing...BORING!

Nick Bowman
2x Pittsburgh Raceway Park Modified Points Champion
1970 Plymouth Duster
"Footbrake/No Box"

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post