DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balaska347:
quote:
Originally posted by John Cadamore:
Looks like a little cylinder wall clearancing going on for a stroker engine. Looks GREAT. Do yourself a favor and make sure the main studs are Arp studs. A bunch of World block were sent out with imported junk and guys are having problems with them. Good luck with the new hammer.

The dart blocks come with Dart bolts and not studs. I replaced the bolts with ARP studs. Im sticking with the same CI for now but will probably go bigger in the future. My old block has seen better days and if I was getting a new one might as well upgrade. The only thing that sucks is it weighs 90lbs more then the factory one.

Did you check the housing bore with the studs torqued up? May have changed when you changed from the bolts. Looks good green. I bet Hammers gonna like it too.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yeah all the machine work was done was the main studs installed.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
QUOTE]

I hear you on the red. I did my 351 block red and umm ya that gotta get changed. The aluminum 281 block I think I will just wire brush it and seal outside to keep it looking clean.[/QUOTE]

I like that idea too

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Happy belated First Year Anniversary to Mr. & Mrs. AJ Casini!!! Wishing you both so many, many more!! hug

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
yep bob, hammer does like it Laughing

very nice mike, should be the last block you buy for a long time.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mike, everything looks good.

Ed, all you need to do is put an automatic behind that aluminum block. Hum Wave big idea Big Grin

Posts: 178 | Location: Export | Registered: July 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ma Brewer-Christine:
Happy belated First Year Anniversary to Mr. & Mrs. AJ Casini!!! Wishing you both so many, many more!! hug

They are away on a second honeymoon. Gee, I don't have any idea why? Enjoying all the sun and the beach while were in the midst of this winter blast. Doesn't hardly seem fair does it? You don't think that there going to make me a grandpappa do you? Eyes Hum I told her she wasn't allowed to reproduce. No No I'll bet she doesn't listen to me. But then, she doesn't listen to any buddy. She got that off her mother. Rolling

Posts: 178 | Location: Export | Registered: July 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
I told her she wasn't allowed to reproduce

I told her not to reproduce, too. Being that you're her dad and all.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keith B.:
Ed, all you need to do is put an automatic behind that aluminum block. Hum Wave big idea Big Grin

Testify!!! not worthy

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Eric, Bugg would have been a good name too. Big Grin Really cool pup.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Eric, Bugg would have been a good name too.

How about Eric Jr. Just kidding my favorite S/R racer.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ma Brewer-Christine:

x2 Glad they are having fun where it is warm!!!!

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
quote:

Funny you say that. I do have a 4r70w off my Mark8 engine I might use. Would be full manual control with no computer hookup. Setup to lock up convertor in 3rd. Doubt I will as not having a 3rd pedal would be boring as all hell.

I think blower motor, nice prepped manual trans = more fun Car

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Galanda:
quote:

Funny you say that. I do have a 4r70w off my Mark8 engine I might use. Would be full manual control with no computer hookup. Setup to lock up convertor in 3rd. Doubt I will as not having a 3rd pedal would be boring as all hell.

I think blower motor, nice prepped manual trans = more fun Car

I think that means another bent housing, busted up 9 inch, etc., etc. crying

I put money down on you replying Tony. Thanks for lettin me pick up a few bucks. $$$ Wink

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Happy Holidays to all YINS in PGH land. Hope Santa brings everyone a new powerplant of choice!
Head 13...hope you, Cadmore, and Bowman get some Gold Bond under the tree!lol
M Romeo....hows ur brother doing with the new job?
Chuck...hope all is warm in hibernation!!

Merry Christmas Schmucks!!

LJ

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Lou, we actually both have new jobs, and as far as I know he enjoy's it. He is just far from home, thats the only downfall. I love my new job as well.

Merry Christmas to you and your family as well.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Schmucks.... you must be talking to Cadamore the Schmuck. Big Grin

Lou, I'm actually wishing we'd get the weather from the Classic now. Waiting for buses in this wind pulls major vaccuum. Merry Christmas to you and your family, I hope you have a great time. Coming to the tree race?

Condolences go out to Vanessa Noon and her family. Her dad passed away Saturday. Please keep the Noons in your thoughts and prayers.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
haha thanks lou...cant go wrong with gold bond. i hope you and your family have a great christmas. YOU TOO SCHMUCKKKK

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
I hope they get some to Lou. My bottles almost empty. I almost broke my dog gone neck slipping in that crap from all the spillage on the trailer floor.

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post