DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
That cool AJ, I also build my own motors. I think it makes it more rewarding. I'm looking forward to seeing it run. Maybe we can have some good races this year. Smile

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
T, I think you have your hands full with Russ and those tight az MOV's when you guys race. Though you are due to get the W soon!

I'm thinking the weather is going to hose us this weekend. Usually I'm eternally optimisitic up until race morning, but I've done my sitting in the cold for this week, at the Pirate opener.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mike,

Yeah I like doing the work myself as well.

Good races, I need you to take it easy on me. Your RT Avg of against me last year was 501. I am looking forward to it though you will keep me on my toes.

What did you do to your engine this year?

Chuck I agree with you on the weather this weekend but I think I am going to need the extra time.

I think I fixed the oil leak, the ft cover wasnt flat by the dowel pin. Flattened it and put some RTV to it. Will have the car running again tonight and see if we are still leaking.

I may need this weekend to get Shellys transmission rebuilt.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
AJ, when I race guys like you and Russ I know I got to be there or I'm going home, so I don't want to get caught sleeping. I just freshened up my motor with bearings and rings and went over it good. I added a little more gear 3.73 to a 3.90.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mike I feel the same way about running you. It is fun though cause we have never had a bad run yours have always been better though. It will be fun this year if we get to the track.

Brianna and I fired the car up again last night and the oil leak is fixed. Had a dent in the ft cover that was allowing oil out.

Mike you should be a little quicker then with the gear change.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
AJ thats good that you got that leak fixed. It should run good this year. I also took about a 100 lbs off the front of mine and put a manual rack and pinion in it so I hope it runs 11.50's all year we'll see.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know any more about the track grinding?

The website shows a few photos and has a caption that states something along the lines of 'here is what they got done before the rains came.'

Does that mean they stopped the grinding process partway through or did the photographer just not want to get the camera wet?

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
One of the racers that lives close to the track, Mark Romeo, drove over to the track yesterday and said the entire left lane was done and is very smooth. It sounds like they'll be working on it this week and are coming back for a finish grinding to make it even smoother.
Also the new entrance road on the western side of the track has been raised and paved so they're shouldn't be any problems with low cars and tow rigs.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
i want to share with you guys the new car i picked up yesterday for this coming season and going to semi retire the vette from racing action
i still have my 85 vette and my ventura but i picked up a 67
backhalfed camaro dana 60 rear all alluminum floor panels including trunk area and front section and trans tunnel and fire wall stock front subframe weldied in frame connectors with square toubing out back probally mild steel a 10 pt cage with window net probally mild steel also glass hood glass trunk rest is all steel all lexan windows with reg glass vent windows the doors are gutted will have a alluminum headed small block with turbo 350 any guests how much she should weigh pic below
http://static.racingjunk.com/1/ui/1/7/7116487252246.jpg

1974 Pontiac Ventura
557 BBC Mild 12.5 comp E85 3800 LBS with driver best to date 9.89 at 138 mph with a crappy 1.49 60 ft

Posts: 321 | Location: pittsburgh pa 15216 | Registered: November 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<scottg263>
posted
I was there today, getting my chassis certified, left lane appears to be done and looks good. They were there working on the right in the rain, when i left.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
Thanks Dan for bringing my update over here. I was working on the cars all weekend and didn't get a chance to mention it over here. Here is my complete update posted over at PRP's website.

This is from Saturday.
"I got back from the track a couple of hours ago, I figured I would stop up and see how the track grinding was going. I can honestly say that I was pleasantly surprised. I'll be honest I didn't think the grinding was a good idea, and was envisioning a rough grind job like we see on so many of Pa's great highways. They already had the left lane done and it is extremely smooth now. I was told that another grinder is going to come in and make it smooth as glass. I was surprised how smooth it was. I think this is going to make for an excellent racing surface.

Also, an update on the entrances the first entrance going east on 22 is completley paved and very smooth. Low cars will have NO clearance problems whatsoever. I advise though people with very low cars coming from the east take the entrance closest to New Alex, as the second entrance going east is still pretty rough. It will be no problems with trucks and trailers but for low street cars it may be a bit sketchy."

I was also up at the track again today just to check out who was getting their cars certified (its nice living less than 1.5 miles from the track). They were working through the rain, already had 2 passes done in the right lane and it was looking good. The right lane is the rougher lane so this grinding should improve it leaps and bounds over the way it was. Like I said before another guy is bringing in a finish grinder this week and going to polish it to a near "glass like" finish. It is smooth enough to race on now if needed I think, but it will be GREAT after is is polished and re-prepped. I still think it may take a couple race days to get back to full traction being that it will be a green track, but I still think this w**** grinding this is for the better, especially for faster cars. I don't feel it in my slow 11.60 car, but I see the faster cars hop going down through there.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Are any of you PRP'rs still planning to come to Dragway 42's Saturday $1,000 to win "Free Race" and Sunday points race?

Yes, IHRA will be there Saturday offering the 1/2 price annual memberships.

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
I was planning on coming, honest I was, but between school and the car not being ready until just this evening it won't happen this year. Not to mention $$ is running low until I start working in the summer again. One of these days I will make it out to Dragway 42 just to experience another race track.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Romeo:
$$ is running low until I start working in the summer again. One of these days I will make it out to Dragway 42 just to experience another race track.

If you skip PRP's Chrysler Classic, that is an Index Class Friday, Cash Dash Saturday, Points Event Sunday weekend.

If you skip PRP's Jr Dragster weekend, that is Dragway 42's "Rock & Race" weekend with nostalgia drags (73 and older vehicles), concerts, and cruise-in.

If you skip PRP's StarBoyz weekend, that is the 50th Anniversary Dragway 42 Bracket Bash weekend.

It looks like you have quite a range of special event choices when PRP is running their non-point programs.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
With the track grinding, that ought to make those last 2 hardtail dragsters happy, right Rich? Big Grin

At least right now the weather is looking good for this weekend. I hope it works out. I wanna race!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
At least right now the weather is looking good for this weekend. I hope it works out. I wanna race!

The PRR website banner ad says "No Gambler Race" for this weekend. Is $20 the regular T&T fee?

Let the rest of us know how the "smooth as glass" surface works out.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
this weekend will be test n tune with the auto parts flea market and swap meet. $20 to test n tune, $7 to spectate or $20 for 3 or more spectators in a car. there will be no gamblers or .500 pro tree bracket race. The only racing that will be going on is the stock/super stock on sat. the wrest will be test n tune.

Posts: 104 | Location: Avonmore | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mr. Miller,

If there is enough interest on Sunday could we possibly have a gamblers race?

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TH383
posted Hide Post
Good luck with the new surface. It looks good from the pics. Thats the same company that did Thompson's. Track was much better but takes a while to get the "groove" back. Just keep getting cars down it and it will come back.

Posts: 831 | Location: PA | Registered: November 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mr. Casini,

At this time the main focus is that we can get as many people as we can in and down the track. Many people have updated and/or stepped up. so we have to do our best to get everyone as many passes as possible so we can have a safe year. Alot of guys will need license or to update to an advanced license. So to answer the question of a gamblers is that we will have to wait to see if time will allow and how many racers are there and interested.

Posts: 104 | Location: Avonmore | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post