DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJ Casini:
She did quit on my Lou. Guess I need to give her some love sometimes. I did clean her all up on Sunday after the rain though. I guess she wanted me to go under the hood and do some work too. LOL

It was a great weekend though. A win and a semi cant complain about that at all.

We will get everything fixed up and ready to go for next season.

She needs a new engine and trans now. Glad I have a few months to get her going again.

AJ,

when I rode past you on Sunday, I didn't realize that you won the night before, otherwise I would have stopped and congratulated you. So here's my late congrats!

And Congrat's to all who were successful this weekend!

And Congrat's to all who had a good or great time!

The show of cars was beautiful, and other than a few glitches, which were not that big of a deal, it was a beautiful weekend!!!

Posts: 201 | Location: Jeannette, PA | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
And the prevalent response is "blah blah" and "in my hobby we hit people who don't agree with some things". Just say it, things are fine or not. From the responses i see that the majority thinks that there is not an issue, gotcha.

Yes Mark, I only come to the track 2-3-4 times a season. Maybe it would be 8-10 times a season if things were different. Used to be an every weeker, back in the day 3-5 years ago when the mod and top lanes used to be so full they'd be back to the bathrooms every week. When they had to call the cars to the lanes in evens and odds. Note this is no longer the case. Also note that a lot of the cars that were around there back then are still around, we saw many of them this weekend (and not throughout the year). They're still around, just not at PRP. But apparently there is no issue.

Lou, I don't know ya but as far as taking the old **** pills, i saw ya roll in at 11pm on saturday and still make eliminations, so you were only there for a couple hours. Not trying to pick a fight, just stating.

Well enough on hashing that. I've voiced my suggestions to both the track staff throughout the year and now on here. Other than that there's nothing more I can do.

AJ-Great job on the win again. Especially impressive since you didnt even get a time trial! You da man.

Congrats to all the other winners/runner ups as well this weekend.

Posts: 114 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: June 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
And a slippery top-end never used to be an issue until the last couple of years.

That's because the cars are going faster now

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Maybe on average but I remember a couple cars deep into the 8's. And there was even a rail or two running 7's. Heck, a friend of ours with a '81 Plymouth Arrow was running 7.80's back then!

Posts: 90 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe on average

Yep

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Ok, how bout just run box 1/8 mile then?

Posts: 90 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Awesome, I'm all for it

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Maybe that can be a suggestion for Greg to think about for next years race

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Hey Kyle, no problem and no argument. Just so you know I left to go to a wedding and came back.... I was there for the weekend..
Just the facts
LJ

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Lets let Mike save a shyt load of money and just race 60 foot. Easier on parts. Less fuel. Less track prep. More shutdown. Make the turnoff at the 660 and use the end of the track for paved pit parking. Can I get one of the first spots since it was my idea?

What do ya think Michael D?

Posts: 201 | Location: Jeannette, PA | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Sounds good! You box guys have my endorsement! Just don't pit too close to the 1/4 mile shutdown since I still need at least to the first left return road to slow down! And if someone in no-box/mod loses their brakes, just try to go limp!

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
And if someone in no-box/mod loses their brakes, just try to go limp![/QUOTE]

Not easy for me to do...

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The advertisement says that if it lasts more than 4 hours you should see a doctor!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Count me in, but I think 60 ft is to long. Can we shorten the clocks to, oh I don't know, maybe like two feet.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kyle Reasbeck:
And the prevalent response is "blah blah" and "in my hobby we hit people who don't agree with some things". Just say it, things are fine or not. From the responses i see that the majority thinks that there is not an issue, gotcha.

Yes Mark, I only come to the track 2-3-4 times a season. Maybe it would be 8-10 times a season if things were different. Used to be an every weeker, back in the day 3-5 years ago when the mod and top lanes used to be so full they'd be back to the bathrooms every week. When they had to call the cars to the lanes in evens and odds. Note this is no longer the case. Also note that a lot of the cars that were around there back then are still around, we saw many of them this weekend (and not throughout the year). They're still around, just not at PRP. But apparently there is no issue.

Lou, I don't know ya but as far as taking the old **** pills, i saw ya roll in at 11pm on saturday and still make eliminations, so you were only there for a couple hours. Not trying to pick a fight, just stating.

Well enough on hashing that. I've voiced my suggestions to both the track staff throughout the year and now on here. Other than that there's nothing more I can do.

AJ-Great job on the win again. Especially impressive since you didnt even get a time trial! You da man.

Congrats to all the other winners/runner ups as well this weekend.

My point was more so that we enjoy ourselves, even though things aren't always done exactly as we think they should be, and it's nice to be able to let out the frustration by hitting someone who is a crying beotch. We just appreciate having the chance to play hockey and be around our friends, and deal with the fact that things aren't perfect, rather than cry about it after every time we go, and I always seek out the person who organized the tournament and thank them for their hard work in organizing.

And Donnelly, if you don't like waiting around to play for 3 minutes.... isn't that what all drag racers do? Sure, it's a long time waiting for a few minutes of fun, but when there's 300 other people there waiting for the same thing, you have to expect it to take a while. And yeah, tournament organizers don't cut the time in half, but I have played in tournaments where they used a running clock the entire game because they were behind schedule. Did I like it? No. Was it convenient for me? No. Did I bytch about it? No. I played the game and enjoyed myself, because that's what a hobby is all about, having fun. Maybe you should find new hobby?

Posts: 114 | Location: Saltsburg, PA | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
Count me in, but I think 60 ft is to long. Can we shorten the clocks to, oh I don't know, maybe like two feet.

Or, just hit the tree and do the practice tree race.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
That's a little to short.(That's what she said).

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Josh Wirt:
And Donnelly, if you don't like waiting around to play for 3 minutes.... isn't that what all drag racers do? Sure, it's a long time waiting for a few minutes of fun, but when there's 300 other people there waiting for the same thing, you have to expect it to take a while. And yeah, tournament organizers don't cut the time in half, but I have played in tournaments where they used a running clock the entire game because they were behind schedule. Did I like it? No. Was it convenient for me? No. Did I bytch about it? No. I played the game and enjoyed myself, because that's what a hobby is all about, having fun. Maybe you should find new hobby?
I'm really not b!tching now, all I'm asking is that the track be up front about what distance they are going to run so I can plan around it in the future.

Usually races will take an hour or so in between rounds. Over 4 hours is quite excessive wouldn't you say? I'm not even concerned too much about that. PRP/Keystone has been that way for years. I've gotten to the point of just laughing it off. This argument is as old as the track itself. My running joke during unexplained pauses in the program is that the track is waiting for Mike Gentile to call the tower! Smile

And if you want a hockey comparison... I have a league game tonight in Mount Pleasant (roller hockey). They have 3 running 15 minute periods (which sucks). It's 4on4 and we usually carry an 8 guy bench. I'll probably see 22-23 minutes of playing time. I'll be there for about two hours max. Now the ratio of time spent to time played is about 6:1. On a typical race day that time ratio is about 90:1 but can get considerably better if you go some rounds in eliminations. Running two classes also helps, which I'm am a big fan of! Last Saturday that ratio was 300:1 for one class and if you went some rounds in eliminations you had to do it the next day, technically! That's an order of magnitude difference!

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hey I work at the track. And I know alot of people this pass weekend worked there Butt off.
And Im proud to have Greg as a boss. And my friend. And I have made alot of friends this past year. Thanks All !!!!

Posts: 1 | Location: ligonier | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
all I'm asking is that the track be up front about what distance they are going to run

I don't understand how you expect the track to predict when the surface might go away and become unsafe. Any time the track goes to 1/8th, it's because of safety. That's all. Would it have made you feel better if the flyer said "1/4 mile, unless the dew point drops and the top end is not safe, then we will be going to 1/8th mile racing."